Author Topic: DX12  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
DX12
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:47:01 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but as I'm seeing versions of the Beta saying "DX9" and "DX11",
which version does a guy like myself with "DX12" run?
  Or, do I run neither and perhaps the "regular" non-DX-stated version is geared to DX12
by default ?

Regards, Odd

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: DX12
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 05:07:02 PM »
You can run either. I have DX12 but running 11 has too many issues in it. I am back to running DX9 version for now. When the next update comes out I will test both again.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:08:37 PM »
Hi Shuffler,
  Thanks for the response, amigo.
That clears things up a bit. <S>

Best, Odd

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 07:19:35 PM »
The DX11 version is not complete yet guys.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 09:44:45 PM »
The DX11 version is not complete yet guys.

Neither DX11 or DX9 is complete.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 10:20:12 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but as I'm seeing versions of the Beta saying "DX9" and "DX11",
  Or, do I run neither and perhaps the "regular" non-DX-stated version is geared to DX12
by default ?

Regards, Odd

You should read the patch notes for every new patch. They will tell you what Hitech wants you to test. For example, for this version, Hitech wants bug reports from the DX9 version. He also wants you to try DX11 online and report if it works without crashing.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 07:19:35 AM »
OMG! I just want to start my computer, click on the AHIII icon, choose a plane (or maybe a tank) and play. I hate being severely technologically-challenged.  :old:  :bhead

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 08:45:07 AM »
In the end.... DX11 opened and ran fine. Ignoring the bugs.

I run Win 10 Pro 16 gigs ram, EVGA 970 card with everything max.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »
OMG! I just want to start my computer, click on the AHIII icon, choose a plane (or maybe a tank) and play. I hate being severely technologically-challenged.  :old:  :bhead
That's exactly what you're supposed to do. If you can't do that, report it in the applicable thread. Don't try to fix it yourself unless Skuzzy or HiTech tell you to.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »

Nooby, there is nothing wrong with that.  However, I have discovered that just by listening and "safely" experimenting, I find it refreshing to learn something new quite frequently.  Often, I feel the same as your statement, "technologically-challenged" but eventually I am able to pick up a bit or a piece, and sometimes the ole light bulb will go off. 

The GREAT THING ABOUT BETA TESTING is as long as we follow instructions, it is indeed helpful to do just what you enjoy doing.  The more eyes  :uhoh on the dials when flipping the switches  :joystick: the better.  Communication is the only ingredient necessary after that.  You only need to be able to describe your experience (and to some degree, you just did).

-- HiTech writes tons of coad that enables us to just point and click (when released officially).  While testing, although desirable, it would be an inefficient use of their time.

That's exactly what you're supposed to do. If you can't do that, report it in the applicable thread. Don't try to fix it yourself unless Skuzzy or HiTech tell you to.

Bizman, so true.  I certainly jumped the gun and installed the runtime, to avoid an error, that they were actually interested in patching.  I did report it though, so at least that portion of my brain was functioning properly.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:01:36 PM by Chilli »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »

Reading the patch instructions for testing isn't that hard, despite evidence suggesting otherwise.   :D

I'm guessing that the more people who read and follow the test instructions, the sooner the new version will be ready.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »
by default ?

Regards, Odd

DirectX 12 is backwards compatible with the previous versions of DirectX.  The only thing you need to be sure of is that your video card is either DirectX11 or DirectX12 compatible.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »
Thanks, Ack-Ack. I've got a GTX 970, so should be in good shape.
I've flown about a half dozen of the beta versions without a hitch thus far.

Best regards, Odd

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »
The nVidia 900 series are having flickering shadows and jagged shadows.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 08:45:19 PM »
The nVidia 900 series are having flickering shadows and jagged shadows.

Shuffler, I'm running a GTX980 with no problems so far. No flickering or jagged shadows. I also have SweetFx running in Beta.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76