Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17215 times)

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2016, 01:44:27 PM »
Same people making the same dreary, recycled, rehashed, retreaded, walked on, shot-up arguments about the game.

Dodger was right...You people need to fight more and talk less.  I can say this because this "discussion" has never accomplished anything.  Ever. Lmao.  It's the same old crap.

Dale should shut this forum down for about a year.  You wanna talk or air some recycled, over-abused grievance about gameplay?  Then you'd have to do it in-game or straight to Dale by email...

This is so true.......... :old:

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2016, 01:56:59 PM »
Got any film of this?  Is this my regular routine according to you, or just conjecture?  Bet it's the latter.

Checked my stats for this tour and the last three and the only verified encounter between Tumor and Snuggie was your P-51D getting a kill on my P-40C.  To be honest, I've never even heard of you.

Months ago.  Only time I ever really remember running into you.  Your A20 and, can't remember... Yak or something after A20 didn't work out so well.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
There is a lot players can do to make this game experience a fun one or a horrible one. Running and hiding in ack..... not so fun. Getting bullied over the radio on 200 or in PM's.... not so fun. Chasing a set of buffs only to see them bail as you close to icon range.... not so fun.

Running, Hiding in Ack, Bomb'n Bailers etc have 1 thing in common you folks refuse to acknowledge.  Look, I don't like bomb'n bailers any more than you do.  Runners and Hiders I don't care about.  However, it's their $15, AND HTC HAS MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT IT IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE GAME PLAY.

The whine is not new.  It's very, very old.  Lets add more "lame stuff".  Ho's.  Suicidal Dive bombing.  Suicidal level bombing.  Any of many Game-the-Game "ACM" manuevers.  The AH pile-it's totally rubber neck.  Near complete immunity from the effects of G-forces (aircraft included).  3rd Person View... anywhere.  Shaaaaades.  Immediate re-upping in exactly the same place you just died (GVs).

It's all cool... it's all game, apparently.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:27:17 PM by Tumor »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »
This is a game????????
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:51 PM »
But, here's the deal.  I dont' fly, or play this game, or whatever you want to call it... to present a target to YOU or anyone else.  I play in MY way to make as many Red guys die as I can while I remain among the living.  I don't care HOW I do it, and I certainly don't consider stopping and fighting every red guy I see just because he's there, or "for the fight".   I'm not even remotely concerned with putting myself into losing situations, chest-thumping, out-clevering, score xxx'ing or whatever (uhh, beyond K/D).  I ENJOY treating this thing called AH as a simulation of sorts, I mean I know it's not really, and I know HTC didn't design the game for pilots to act like... WW2 pilots, apparently :rolleyes:, but there you have it.  I ALWAYS plan on landing when I leave the runway (and I'd say I'm at least decent at that).  I always depart with 100% fuel, a lot of the time with DTs... or fully loaded with bombs and rocs.  This often lends itself to not getting into any kind of turn-fite at all, cause well... a whole LOT of people have much better performing (turning) aircraft and they never have more than 25%.  Numbers is another little SA thing I keep in mind.  I find it terribly entertaining to fly in a stealthy manner, to a stealthy spot, over a horde and totally PICKTARD people, or even better, those who are AFK while on their way to join the local horde.  Ask Yucca.. I'm kinda rusty right now and my aim is pretty much normal so I missed and accidentally 6-crashed him last night lol and I (deservedly) am the one who got the damage.  My ~input~ if you will, to the game, is to help MY side in whatever way I can and like it or not, I do what I can to remain among the living while doing it. (Ya Hitech I know... flying to stay alive is akin to not even worth playing the game right?, well, opinions are like those stinky things? Everyone's got one)  I'm patient... I've refueled up to 5 maybe 6 times.  I enjoy what I do.  I'm NOT good at the whole turn-fight thing.. at all.. never was, especially not in the Pony.  There's a certain balance in cartoon flying between, pretending to do things like a pilot would do, and doing gamey things no "pilot would ever do.  I lean hard to the pilot thing, so I'm at a distinct disadvantage almost 100% of the time.  I do MY thing the way I want to do it for the price of MY subscription the way I know is best for ME.

<signed> The Cowardly Clowny Pony

Not only do you embody every tactic I find loathsome in this game, you're actually proud of it. I just don't get it. You talk about us as 'chest thumpers', then you go on to explain how you hide out in the clouds waiting for AFK victims & re-arm/re-fuel multiple times in a single mission. In other words, you do anything and everything necessary to present the image that you're a great stick via your K/D ratio and landing multiple kills. Yet you say you don't care what other people think? Sounds like you care very, very much about what other people think, and you're willing to sacrifice your integrity to satisfy that need.

If you actually did treat this game as a war simulation - as you say - I could respect that. But I've seen you fly, and from what I've seen, you don't help anyone on your team out unless your chance of getting harmed in the process is nill. Also, clearing their 12 from a position way above the fight is not exactly helping them out. You had a real good start on being honest above - no need to taint that now with deception. Playing from a position of zero risk is hardly simulating WWII air combat.

You say you suck at turn-fighting and always have been. Gee, I wonder why????? Could it possibly be that you never really try to fight so you never learn the skills necessary to be successful? What a crazy concept!

Like they say - different strokes for different folks. But personally speaking, if I racked up kills the way you do, I'd feel like I was one of those people who buy other people's sports trophies off ebay and present them as their own.

You ever want to TA, let me know. I'm not the best (by a long shot), but I think I could be of at least some help. Then again, I think you've been around much longer than I, so if you haven't tried to improve by now, I doubt it's something you're interested in.
-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2016, 03:50:42 PM »
Months ago.  Only time I ever really remember running into you.  Your A20 and, can't remember... Yak or something after A20 didn't work out so well.

I rarely fly the A-20.  My last death in it was in Tour 171.  That was in April 2014 and you weren't the victor.

Checked for Yaks too and had 9 deaths in the last 12 tours.  None of them involved you.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
Not only do you embody every tactic I find loathsome in this game, you're actually proud of it. I just don't get it. You talk about us as 'chest thumpers', then you go on to explain how you hide out in the clouds waiting for AFK victims & re-arm/re-fuel multiple times in a single mission. In other words, you do anything and everything necessary to present the image that you're a great stick via your K/D ratio and landing multiple kills. Yet you say you don't care what other people think? Sounds like you care very, very much about what other people think, and you're willing to sacrifice your integrity to satisfy that need.

If you actually did treat this game as a war simulation - as you say - I could respect that. But I've seen you fly, and from what I've seen, you don't help anyone on your team out unless your chance of getting harmed in the process is nill. Also, clearing their 12 from a position way above the fight is not exactly helping them out. You had a real good start on being honest above - no need to taint that now with deception. Playing from a position of zero risk is hardly simulating WWII air combat.

You say you suck at turn-fighting and always have been. Gee, I wonder why????? Could it possibly be that you never really try to fight so you never learn the skills necessary to be successful? What a crazy concept!

Like they say - different strokes for different folks. But personally speaking, if I racked up kills the way you do, I'd feel like I was one of those people who buy other people's sports trophies off ebay and present them as their own.

You ever want to TA, let me know. I'm not the best (by a long shot), but I think I could be of at least some help. Then again, I think you've been around much longer than I, so if you haven't tried to improve by now, I doubt it's something you're interested in.

Ok look... you don't even have to think real hard about this:  I Play This Game MY Way, Not Yours!. I don't feel bad, not even an itty bitty teeny weensy little bit, that you find it loathsome... in fact, that makes it so much more delightful.

Enjoy.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2016, 08:50:58 PM »
Nice to be able to throw out accusations without having to retract them when proven wrong, isn't it? 

Maybe you can get a job at the New York Times.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2016, 06:47:16 AM »
Nice to be able to throw out accusations without having to retract them when proven wrong, isn't it? 

Maybe you can get a job at the New York Times.
And this is why I wanted him to throw out a name because I knew he was full of it.

About 3 or 4 people in this game who fly as reckless as me looking for a fight that I've noticed....Dodger, Del, Lazer and Snuggie....difference between Snuggie and the rest of us is he strictly flys hangar queens like the nerd he is  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2016, 06:58:37 AM »
3 out of 4 isn't bad Junky
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2016, 09:31:01 AM »
dam dolby, thats a low blow.  :old:

have you ever though of how many different enunciations there is for the word "dude"?

Or

"want to go to the DA?"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »
This thread is shear entertainment.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »
This thread is shear entertainment.

Indeed and will debated by the "scholars of AH" next month in a similar based topic.  "Looking at the K/D, K/H, etc, you will notice that I am the sierra hotel stick!!!"    Just STFU and play if some of you champion this game as often as you do.   It really is that simple.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
And this is why I wanted him to throw out a name because I knew he was full of it.

About 3 or 4 people in this game who fly as reckless as me looking for a fight that I've noticed....Dodger, Del, Lazer and Snuggie....difference between Snuggie and the rest of us is he strictly flys hangar queens like the nerd he is  :aok

The other difference is that I'm not in the same league as you guys. 
And they're not hangar queens, it's just that their appeal is a bit more selective.   :)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »
3 out of 4 isn't bad Junky
Are you saying 3 out of 4 of those names listed are what I said they were??? Reading comprehension isn't my thing ;)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"