Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17222 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2016, 07:58:23 PM »
But thats my point, if your running, vulching, hoing "that makes you laugh" is what is causing other players to cancel their subscriptions then you are part of the problem. By making a few small changes in your game play it could help OTHERS have more fun and STAY. Wouldn't that be something worth while or are you too self center and think "your style" of play is more important than helping make it more fun for everyone?

The OP points out the "lengths people go to" as his complaint. If these things are what is making people leave why cant other point out the issues and players "man up" and help increase the fun instead of the animosity.

again fugitive name one player that has quit because of how I play.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2016, 08:12:41 PM »

semp

I have not flown in a while and have almost lost the desire to get in game because of the lack of fights.  Now, let's be clear, at some stage we all run due to having fought and lost the position tot he point that 1 more turn would be suicide so we try to extend in the hope of re-engaging.

I do no think this thread is about that.  It is about the numbers of people who simply do not even bother to try anything more than a fast pass hit and run.  They are boring me to death and I have spent the last 2 weeks in World of Warships because I know in there I get to fight.

So semp, in short, people are quitting / limiting time in game because of the prevalent game play at the moment.  I think it is on a slope that cannot be reversed as it is an attitude thing and it is not good for the future.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »
Sometimes I like to furball in suicidal odds. Other times I like to pretend that I'm a fighter pilot in WW2 and don't want to die. I'll still fight, but I wont always just throw my 'life' away pointlessly every single sortie.

Why put ourselves in a situation that limits our choices based on some age old stigmas about playing styles? Try a little of everything an mix it up.

If I'm not having fun the real problem is not other players, it's me. It's a sandbox game. If I don't enjoy playing it then I'm doing something wrong or it's simply not the game for me. Trying to control what kind of sandcastle the other kids build has never and will never work.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »
I have not flown in a while and have almost lost the desire to get in game because of the lack of fights.  Now, let's be clear, at some stage we all run due to having fought and lost the position tot he point that 1 more turn would be suicide so we try to extend in the hope of re-engaging.

I do no think this thread is about that.  It is about the numbers of people who simply do not even bother to try anything more than a fast pass hit and run.  They are boring me to death and I have spent the last 2 weeks in World of Warships because I know in there I get to fight.

So semp, in short, people are quitting / limiting time in game because of the prevalent game play at the moment.  I think it is on a slope that cannot be reversed as it is an attitude thing and it is not good for the future.

FESS,

I don't think it's as bad as people like to make out.  There are still fights to be had.  There are just lots of complainers who think they can shame people into fighting more to their liking or goad them into making that "one more fatal turn" as you so aptly describe.

You're a good sport and I will always be happy to DA you -- same planes, different planes, starting alt disadvantage, whatever.  Just let me know and I'll be happy to do some fights with you.  I know at the core you're not about chest thumping, you're about having fun, and those are people I like to fly with/against.

Hope to see you again soon.

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
Sometimes I like to furball in suicidal odds. Other times I like to pretend that I'm a fighter pilot in WW2 and don't want to die. I'll still fight, but I wont always just throw my 'life' away pointlessly every single sortie.

Why put ourselves in a situation that limits our choices based on some age old stigmas about playing styles? Try a little of everything an mix it up.

If I'm not having fun the real problem is not other players, it's me. It's a sandbox game. If I don't enjoy playing it then I'm doing something wrong or it's simply not the game for me. Trying to control what kind of sandcastle the other kids build has never and will never work.

This. 100% this.

Nothing more need be said.  Might as well lock the thread now.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »
Why dont you guys grab some beer, shut up, and kill eachother.   :cheers:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2016, 09:01:33 PM »
Other times I like to pretend that I'm a fighter pilot in WW2 and don't want to die.

I don't remember seeing you do that.  Ever.  I think you're making it up.

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »
I'm almost certain there are few that get on here just to chat on 200. They don't want to fight, they want to talk. Not sure if it's against rules to call some people out by, so I won't. But the name that comes to mind most sounds a lot like, "I'll Race You."

Unlike you, I can do more than one thing at a time, including shooting you to pieces while typing.   :ahand
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »

:aok  :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2016, 09:07:51 PM »

NOW this thread should be over.   

Also, there is no need for a Trainer to "ask for a lock" when it isn't even needed.   These threads are the equivalent of five year olds fighting over who gets to play with their favorite Tonka truck in the sandbox.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »
I avoid a fight by simply not logging in anymore.  If everyone did that would the op be happier?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2016, 09:30:16 PM »

semp

...do you remember this post?

Quote from: guncrasher on Yesterday at 12:27:51 PM

fugitive when was the last time I dropped a fh?  name one player that I chased away with my game play.

semp

You take things too literal, I was using you and your squad as an example. I know you have trouble hitting the ground with bombs! j/k  :D

It is possible that you have chased away a player or two over the last year or so, just as it is possible I have as well.

The point is "we" ALL as players CAN make this game better for all of us. Some by not running at the first sign of a fight, others  by detuning 200, some by not bailing from their bombers when a fighter comes into icon range.

It is up to the players to make the game more fun. If we don't people will just continue to leave and with out the influx of new players that STAY the population will continue to drop until it gets to a point that no body shows up to play.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2016, 09:42:23 PM »
Ohhhh.... well, now you know.  :)

It may have. Though I highly doubt it. Regardless. It definitely wasn't the encounter I was referring to.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:08 PM »
I avoid a fight by simply not logging in anymore.  If everyone did that would the op be happier?

Maybe this made sense to you as you typed it, but it sure doesn't right now.  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2016, 10:01:51 PM »
Maybe this made sense to you as you typed it, but it sure doesn't right now.  :rolleyes:

Obviously sarcasm/irony/satire is lost on you as it makes perfect sense to me.
”KILLER V”
The Damned