Author Topic: Lots of late war planes?  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
Re: Lots of late war planes?
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2016, 04:14:47 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I used to fly midwar planes exclusively, but was taken aback at how many late war planes are in the arena now. Flew the c205 for a good part of this tour, but it just can't compete with a lot of the dogpiling fights that seem to be present now.

Still fun as ever. It gave me some good practice flying the Ta 152 over the weekend. Now that's an interesting plane to learn to fly. If I could just master shooting the guns on that thing. I'm getting better at it. What a monster!
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I used to fly midwar planes exclusively, but was taken aback at how many late war planes are in the arena now. Flew the c205 for a good part of this tour, but it just can't compete with a lot of the dogpiling fights that seem to be present now.

Still fun as ever. It gave me some good practice flying the Ta 152 over the weekend. Now that's an interesting plane to learn to fly. If I could just master shooting the guns on that thing. I'm getting better at it. What a monster!

Careful, it's addictive.  Almost as bad as the 109K once you figure the guns out on both of them.

When you get used to making snapshots with 2x20mm and 1x30mm, everything else feels like rubber bullets.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2016, 05:15:39 PM »

That TA152 is the only plane I have to force myself not to fly or I would be in it every fight.  Wiley is right, it's addictive, it's far from perfect but once mastered............well i don't know because I sure have not mastered it yet.  Hands down the best airplane in the game for killing 30k or above buffs.

If flying is dancing then this plane is a ballerina.  You cannot throw her around.  Timing, smoothness, gentle hand on the stick, use the throttle - a lot, and anticipate.  The guns are deadly.  Put the bullet stream where your enemy will cross, fire for 2 seconds and things go BLAMMO!  No damaged aircraft rtb'n, no enemy reversing to get a shot on you, no overshoots because you only hurt him,  THEY ARE JUST DEAD.

I'm a Knight.  I have Tuesdays off work so I fly most of the day.  What is your callsign Wolf?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:23:20 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »
That TA152 is the only plane I have to force myself not to fly or I would be in it every fight.  Wiley is right, it's addictive, it's far from perfect but once mastered............well i don't know because I sure have not mastered it yet.  Hands down the best airplane in the game for killing 30k or above buffs.

If flying is dancing then this plane is a ballerina.  You cannot throw her around.  Timing, smoothness, gentle hand on the stick, use the throttle - a lot, and anticipate.  The guns are deadly.  Put the bullet stream where your enemy will cross, fire for 2 seconds and things go BLAMMO!  No damaged aircraft rtb'n, no enemy reversing to get a shot on you, no overshoots because you only hurt him,  THEY ARE JUST DEAD.

I'm a Knight.  I have Tuesdays off work so I fly most of the day.  What is your callsign Wolf?

My ingame name is LoneWolf.
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.