Author Topic: 89.5%  (Read 3338 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 89.5%
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 02:28:56 PM »
Because it's fun.
I'm sure it is for you, I just don't have that attention span...got to keep the body guessing...wish there was a random button that would select a plane from an approved list by users.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »
For a fighter I've mostly been flying the G-6, 100% with the gondolas, for the last decade or more. Boring? I wouldn't say. Since I only seem to have time and interest to fly a couple of hours in the weekend my learning curve has been ve-e-e-ery shallow. Actually, my developing as a cartoon pilot reminds me of the math quiz about the snail, climbing a pole two feet a day and oozing back one and a half each night, the question being how many needles does an average Christmas tree have.

However, every now and then I encounter someone who has just begun his adventurous journey with a new plane. Thank you and your likes for the kills, shooting a higher ranked plane down is good for my fighting moral.  :cheers:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »
Flying any plane for a tour is hard...get too bored. Don't know how some of you just fly one ride.
Tried most of them. Worked with pros in squad and DA to understand some better. Only three ever felt right in my hands. Niki for 2 years. Hurri IIC for 5 years and Mossi6 for 4 1/2. Would have stayed with the Hurricane but it felt off after updating. Turned out the Mossi was a better fit anyway.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 05:57:22 PM »
If you want a real challenge, fly a competitive plane for a tour...

That plane doesn't seem challenging to you?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »
I'm sure it is for you, I just don't have that attention span...got to keep the body guessing...wish there was a random button that would select a plane from an approved list by users.

I guess it's got to due with the fighter plane that I've chosen to fly exclusively.  I'm sure if I had picked a Spitfire, Bf 109, FW 190 or something like the La7 or P-51D, I would have grown quickly bored.  With the P-38, there is no boredom for me, every fight is a challenge no matter how easy I make it seem to fly.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 12:10:57 AM »
That plane doesn't seem challenging to you?

I think you're simultaneously limiting your personal ACM growth and giving yourself a very comfortable time from a sports psychology perspective only flying such planes.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 05:19:32 AM »
I think you're simultaneously limiting your personal ACM growth and giving yourself a very comfortable time from a sports psychology perspective only flying such planes.

OK, Dr. Katz: how would flying better planes make one better at ACM - and why are you troubled by my plane choices?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
WTG. The 202 is a fun ride. 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »

I disagree 100%.  I guess it's maybe just the perspective.  I think he has found a fresh challenge, one that is not disruptive to the game.  One that adds to the game by putting a bird up for everyone to interact with that they do not see very often.  I am glad he shared this with the community to illustrate the multiple dimensions available to all that play.

Frankly, I am at a loss to understand how anyone could find something negative to say about the OP.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 09:28:32 AM »
Had a 202 pilot kill me the other day in a 152 that I had gotten too slow in...wasn't you though snuggie...sorry  :neener:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »
Good wish list item....
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »
Good wish list item....
They don't listen to me over there :D

I guess it's got to due with the fighter plane that I've chosen to fly exclusively.  I'm sure if I had picked a Spitfire, Bf 109, FW 190 or something like the La7 or P-51D, I would have grown quickly bored.  With the P-38, there is no boredom for me, every fight is a challenge no matter how easy I make it seem to fly.
P38 low and in turn fights are a challenge but the way most people fly them they are closer to F4Us and P51s in difficulty to fly in the MA.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 01:48:26 PM »
Frankly, I am at a loss to understand how anyone could find something negative to say about the OP.

Negative?

OK, Dr. Katz: how would flying better planes make one better at ACM - and why are you troubled by my plane choices?

A probably sarcastic question sandwiched between a cartoonesque insult and an implication that I would be beset by problems or difficulties over your plane choice. So which is it, my remarks were not in accordance with your narrow expectation for this thread or they resonated?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 02:28:39 PM »
I disagree 100%.  I guess it's maybe just the perspective.  I think he has found a fresh challenge, one that is not disruptive to the game.  One that adds to the game by putting a bird up for everyone to interact with that they do not see very often.  I am glad he shared this with the community to illustrate the multiple dimensions available to all that play.

:cheers:

Maybe because it's another "look at me" thread?   I've never fought or spoken to the guy, so who knows?  :headscratch:

A probably sarcastic question sandwiched between a cartoonesque insult and an implication that I would be beset by problems or difficulties over your plane choice. So which is it, my remarks were not in accordance with your narrow expectation for this thread or they resonated?

If you could dispense with the obfuscation and just get to the point, maybe I would know what you're getting at.   Your replies twice made reference to what I'm flying as being somehow un-challenging.   Not sure how else I'm supposed to interpret that, except as thinly veiled derision.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 09:34:07 PM »
I always believed what Grizz said:  You can mask a great deal of suck in ACM by killing quickly.  Lethality is increased exponentially by accuracy of fire.  Learn to shoot first and fly later.  If you get really great at shooting, you'll never need to get that great at flying, hahaha

I never learned either...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba