Author Topic: 89.5%  (Read 3337 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: 89.5%
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 10:39:09 PM »
I always believed what Grizz said:  You can mask a great deal of suck in ACM by killing quickly.  Lethality is increased exponentially by accuracy of fire.  Learn to shoot first and fly later.  If you get really great at shooting, you'll never need to get that great at flying, hahaha

I never learned either...

The thread is just about flying a plane that most people don't.   More than a few pilots could do much better, but the world may never know.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2016, 02:06:30 AM »
Not sure how else I'm supposed to interpret that, except as thinly veiled derision.

Finding only complimentary comments acceptable it pretty much the definition of a look-at-me thread imho.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2016, 07:13:20 AM »
Finding only complimentary comments acceptable it pretty much the definition of a look-at-me thread imho.

I find criticism perfectly acceptable, with good reason.  But you still haven't clarified what your problem with me is.   

It appears that you're not going to.  This is like The Da Vinci Code of thread griefing.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2016, 07:45:49 AM »
It is a look-at-me thread but, that said, I'm looking at a guy who manages C202 kills, and that requires skill.

Besides, isn't it the kind of behavior that's worth encouraging? Any bunghole can up a late-war uber ride and do a passably decent job. Things get a lot more fun when there's more that just 425 mph cannon birds out there.

Fly junk. It's fun.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »
The thread is just about flying a plane that most people don't.   More than a few pilots could do much better, but the world may never know.

And what Grizz said applies...you can appear to be very skilled (and have a lot of fun), even in planes you don't fly often if you can kill quickly with them. 

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2016, 08:08:15 AM »
It is a look-at-me thread but, that said, I'm looking at a guy who manages C202 kills, and that requires skill.

Besides, isn't it the kind of behavior that's worth encouraging? Any bunghole can up a late-war uber ride and do a passably decent job. Things get a lot more fun when there's more that just 425 mph cannon birds out there.

Fly junk. It's fun.

Dodger has been doing the 202 thing for years.  Even though this thread is a "woot-me" yob, Dodger owns the 202.  Check the stats for 2014

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2016, 08:47:36 AM »

Well..Except that one guy.

Besides, isn't it the kind of behavior that's worth encouraging? Any bunghole can up a late-war uber ride and do a passably decent job.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2016, 09:24:25 AM »
The 202 is challenging in the MA. It's slow, the guns suck, the views suck, you can't just zoom around clubbing seals. You gotta get in here and really shoot some planes. It's only ability that is useful is its turn rate. I gotta agree with caldera and Zoney on this one. Not really sure what the arguement is here. I wish more people would fly early war planes and attempt to be successful in them. This is how you challenge yourself and get better. With all the 25K P51 pilots and 190D pilots, we could use more early war planes floating around. The C202 is a fun plane, but in no way is it not challenging in the MA. Hell even one of the scenarios I played in with a C202. It took hundreds of sprites on a FM2 to take down the bastage. Then because of that, you had to worry about getting picked easily, or ganged. When your bullets suck it can make the game much harder to get kills and live without getting ganged all the time.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
And what Grizz said applies...you can appear to be very skilled (and have a lot of fun), even in planes you don't fly often if you can kill quickly with them.

No mention of skill was made or inferred in the OP.   For all anyone knows, my deaths could have quadrupled my kills. 
But the fact that one person can get almost all of the kills in one plane model is somehow silly, don't you think? 

The C.202 is very fun to fly and makes for the best 1v1 DA fights IMO.  And you are right about Dodger.  He is very good in the 202, but better in the F6F.   He always kills me.

The 202 is challenging in the MA. It's slow, the guns suck, the views suck, you can't just zoom around clubbing seals. You gotta get in here and really shoot some planes. It's only ability that is useful is its turn rate. I gotta agree with caldera and Zoney on this one. Not really sure what the arguement is here. I wish more people would fly early war planes and attempt to be successful in them. This is how you challenge yourself and get better. With all the 25K P51 pilots and 190D pilots, we could use more early war planes floating around. The C202 is a fun plane, but in no way is it not challenging in the MA. Hell even one of the scenarios I played in with a C202. It took hundreds of sprites on a FM2 to take down the bastage. Then because of that, you had to worry about getting picked easily, or ganged. When your bullets suck it can make the game much harder to get kills and live without getting ganged all the time.

What he said.

And to those joining us late, this is most assuredly a "look at me" thread.

The disclaimer in the first post : "<self-promoting stats geek alert>" should have been a dead give away.   :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »
You had more then twice the number of MA kills in the 202 last tour than me in all of my 10 years of flying (41 kills = 0.06% of all my LW/Old MA kills in fighters) :D

:cheers:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 12:16:53 PM »
No mention of skill was made or inferred in the OP.   For all anyone knows, my deaths could have quadrupled my kills. 
But the fact that one person can get almost all of the kills in one plane model is somehow silly, don't you think? 

Oh skill was inferred.  It may have been subconscious but it was inferred.  As Shida alluded, youre simply diluting it now. 

And no, because Dodger (and many many more before him) has been doing it forever, it isn't silly that one guy got most of the kills in one plane model.  Even if it was a bit silly, it certainly would not merit posting here. 

Wait, unless you won fighters for the tour flying the 202 exclusively...that would demand a posting here.  Anything else is self-licking.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
I find criticism perfectly acceptable, with good reason.

Yes indeed, that's why your first reply to my (actually impersonal) comments contained insult and sarcasm

It appears that you're not going to.

Yeah you're bloody right I'm not. You can talk to the hand.

Woe betide the person that responds 'incorrectly' in a (logically flawed) look at me thread to discuss plane and pilot combination as it pertains to ACM in an air combat game / simulator. Should be a forum rule against it. I have to say I find interacting with some forum members increasingly difficult and unrewarding. Your peculiar arrangement of ego and logic is bewildering, disingenuous and bizzare. Your reception to unanticipated comments (in an ostensibly free-discussion forum) overly defensive, abrasive, irrational and uncivilised. Then the inevitable manipultation to try and extract the point through rhetoric while saving face.

Hillbilly and Pervert were absolutely right about this place. I frankly increasingly feel the desire to go the way they have.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 01:45:42 PM »
That's always been the main drag on the AH community. You can never share challenges and accomplishments with people here because they think flying and dying with no sense of personal challenge is the only means of garnering respect in AH.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:48:18 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 01:58:32 PM »
You had more then twice the number of MA kills in the 202 last tour than me in all of my 10 years of flying (41 kills = 0.06% of all my LW/Old MA kills in fighters) :D

:cheers:

Figured you would be in the thousands.  :)

Am trying to get her in the 1000 kill club.   476 so far.  Another 10 years ought to do it.  :joystick:

Yes indeed, that's why your first reply to my (actually impersonal) comments contained insult and sarcasm (Image removed from quote.)

Yeah you're bloody right I'm not. You can talk to the hand.

Woe betide the person that responds 'incorrectly' in a (logically flawed) look at me thread to discuss plane and pilot combination as it pertains to ACM in an air combat game / simulator. Should be a forum rule against it. I have to say I find interacting with some forum members increasingly difficult and unrewarding. Your peculiar arrangement of ego and logic is bewildering, disingenuous and bizzare. Your reception to unanticipated comments (in an ostensibly free-discussion forum) overly defensive, abrasive, irrational and uncivilised. Then the inevitable manipultation to try and extract the point through rhetoric while saving face.

Hillbilly and Pervert were absolutely right about this place. I frankly increasingly feel the desire to go the way they have.

Since you refuse to discuss this rationally, I will extend you the same courtesy.  Good day.

Oh skill was inferred.  It may have been subconscious but it was inferred.  As Shida alluded, youre simply diluting it now. 

And no, because Dodger (and many many more before him) has been doing it forever, it isn't silly that one guy got most of the kills in one plane model.  Even if it was a bit silly, it certainly would not merit posting here. 

Wait, unless you won fighters for the tour flying the 202 exclusively...that would demand a posting here.  Anything else is self-licking.

At least you can make a cohesive argument but you're off base.   I like to brag about flying planes that the leet ACM types don't fly.   Find a single post of mine that makes a claim of fighter skillz.

You went completely off the deep end with this part though:

Wait, unless you won fighters for the tour flying the 202 exclusively

Funny how you bring score into it.  :rolleyes:

That's always been the main drag on the AH community. You can never share challenges and accomplishments with people here because they think flying and dying with no sense of personal challenge is the only means of garnering respect in AH.

And don't forget score.  See above.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2016, 06:17:50 PM »
I was unable to make a coherent argument the moment I agreed that this was a look-at-me thread.  I have tried to fishtail by claiming plane obsolescence, ACM skills, personal attacks, illogical arguments, argumentum ad hominem, and non-cohesive argumentum.  I WILL continue to drone on by straw manning, ignoring questions I simple cannot answer nor understand and create derision by accusing those same questioners of malice of forethought.  It worked in junior high, by gawd it will work here.

And quite honestly, I'm just not very good at explaining my way out of ridiculous things I've said and done.  This is no exception.

Fixed.  To add to your considerable cerebral confusion, please look up inferred so that you don't accidently ask someone to find something they've already tacitly admitted you wouldn't find.  It makes u look a smidge more foolish than u already are.  By creating the thread you inferred skill.  Ask the readers.  Perceived demonstration of skill = one of the only reasons to make a look-at-me thread.  I simply doubt the accuracy of your self awareness.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:27:22 PM by Changeup »