Author Topic: Beta 23 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 23 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:43:34 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 23 DX9 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 23 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:25:39 PM »
Canopy glass casts a dark shadow (at least in the Spit IX).

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:34:51 PM »
LVTs (at least the LVT2 vs the M3) are the only GVs able to cross over bridges spanning waterways.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »
Forgot to report this Thursday night, have the dredded summer cold and my head is pounding....

Myself and another player were trying to take a town from a CV on CraterMA. The player got his LVT up onto land after sitting at the waters edge for 5 minutes while the LVT millimeter-ed itself onto land. He drove to the town and up into the trees between two of the barrier hills that ring the town. While sitting under the trees he released his troops. He reported to me that his troops were getting stuck when they touched the trees.

Did that mean he released them too far out or, do troops have the same problem with trees holding them on CraterMA that GVs recently had?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 09:13:58 PM »
I have a pink square around my cursor.  This is the same as last patch. I auto downloaded both patches without a error tmk.  I will try the previous fix posted in the previous patch thread if needed.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »
Don't know if this is useful at all, but I checked all fighters.  All but the following have incorrect canopy shadows like my previous post:

Bf110 (both), C202, F4F-4, FM2, Ki61, Spit V, and Tempest (which doesn't appear to have any canopy glass at all).

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 11:15:50 PM »
Ran Updater Beta Patch 22 to 23 w\o a hitch.

Opened Beta 23 Dx9 version using Crimson 16.4.1 drivers w\o issue in Greebo CraterMA and FPS is still as good vs Beta 21\22 Dx9 version (same 71 FPS on the runway\79-80 FPS flying w\ same smoothness as well).

Windows 7 HP set up to scale display 150% @ 2560 x 1440 res (the icons and text at 2560 x 1440 on my monitor is just too small for me to see at default scaling @ 100%).

Wiped Crimson 16.4.1 drivers and loaded latest Crimson 16.5.3 drivers and set all up identical as I had in Crimson 16.4.1 drivers.

Opened Beta 23 Dx9 version using Crimson 16.5.3 drivers and got the same mouse issue at the initial screen that I had reported having in Beta 22 Dx9, even though I had set up the game profile w\ the display scaling setting turned off. Fixed this by now checking the box in Compatibility tab under Properties of Beta Dx9 shortcut (just as I had to do for Beta 23 Dx11 version) "disables display scaling when high DPI settings are present" (when game starts the display scaling as set in Windows is reset to default and is then reset back to 150% when game is shut down and exited).

Tried Beta 23 Dx9 version again using Crimson 16.5.3 drivers now w\o issue and the FPS result is exactly the same as mentioned above when using Crimson 16.4.1 drivers.

Beta 23 Dx9 version is looking good so far.

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Same as NatCigg, pink square around curser. Plus when I drag curser to the clip board, the curser disappears before it get's to the online or offline.

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 09:14:48 PM »
I'm having trouble in every plane I flew tonight. About ten of them. Every time I make a sharp turn (But normal) my controls lock up usually ending in a crash. Also my piper would take a lot of time in the turns to point at my target. I would have my nose pointed on the enemy and would need to wait a second or two, maybe more for the piper to catch up. I also have about a third of the trees and grass looking like a kaleidoscope. If a plane got between me and the bright lights I couldn't see the enemy. Other wise I love the game. Can't wai8t till its ready! I can't get the kaleidoscope effect to turn off.
Kimosabe

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 12:28:31 AM »
Kimosabe,

From what you described, it sounds like you are running out of video memory or something on the performance end.  Also, it sounds to me that you have not properly tried to scale down your settings to improve performance, beginning with setting the environment map slider to none.

Try these settings for comparison (as recommended by staff a number of patches ago):

• Graphic details use default settings button
  • Move environment map slider to none
  • Disable clutter in flight* (was not a staff recommendation but has good benefits), found on second left side page
  • Check "Disable Lighting Effects" found on second left side page

Fly around for about 10 minutes and report if anomalies still exist.  The controller lockup was a persistent problem that I have not experienced in the last 2 or 3 patches, but was very prevalent before that, and as you described it occurred with heavy handed maneuvers. 

The piper you described, sounds to me like the auto target mode unless you are flying with a mouse.   :headscratch:  If it is mouse control that is giving you problems, I had this worked out by changing the mouse sensitivity (but it has been a long time to be accurate in my description on how.... try playing with lowering sensitivity and/ or raising sensitivity until you feel the control is most fluid and less jerky).

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 10:02:12 AM »
I'' try your suggestions and see what happens. I bought a evga 980 so i wouldn't have to cut back on eye candy. Anyway let me go try your suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:41:13 AM by BBP »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 10:17:50 AM »
Are you using a mouse?  Also, unless you are win xp or earlier, I would suggest that you run the DX11 version.  In order to do that, go to the AH Beta folder and find the DX11 executable (there I created a shortcut and dragged onto my desktop) and launch DX11.  The last two patches have been aimed at this (should also boost performance).

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
I tried all the above and nothing helped. I would like to remove the game and start with a new install. how do I do that? I'm using a stick. No mouse.
Kimosabe Also 21 version
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:45:58 AM by BBP »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
The Sticky post for Patch 23 has the full download link.

Before you do that.  Are you using AMD graphics card?  Doh!  I just read your post again and see 980 nvidia.  Also just read that you are 2 patches behind.  So, you could download the full link http://dlrobin.hitechcreations.com/AHBETA023.EXE and just install over the current directory or download patch 22 http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHBT021TO022.EXE from that link, install over current directory and then allow the auto download from the game.
  :O

I ask because I know that you need to manually allow the game to override antialias and vsync commands of the Nvidia cards using their control panel. [edit]  Check to see if all of your settings are allowing the application to control settings.

So, even if you do a fresh install of the game or the gpu drivers, these settings will still be present.  There are definite performance boosts from allowing AH3 control.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:05:30 AM by Chilli »

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 11:04:43 AM »
can you post the correct link. i see so many link and patches , its getting confusing. can you post the correct one here? Kimo