Author Topic: loss of members  (Read 28133 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: loss of members
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2016, 01:10:39 PM »
What's vr
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »
virtual reality. Oculus Rift and such
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #332 on: July 24, 2016, 03:34:48 PM »
While I lament the long development time as well, I'm convinced this is an absolute necessity. VR is the up and coming thing and here to stay. Prices are insanely high at the moment, but there's still an amazing (IMHO) number of early adopters, especially in the sim community. And prices will drop, no doubt about it. Much better to integrate it now while the engine is still in the coding phase than trying to somehow attach it later.

While I appreciate you alibiing for HTC, he could have gotten AH3 out the door while paralleling development of VR coding...just like adding aircraft.  Because the current cost of VR is so clearly out of reach for a high % of the player base, it wasn't wise and it simply wasn't necessary.  I'm sure we'll hear something along the lines of "we needed to do it now because of the new graphics engine because doing it later would mean a complete re-do...blah blah. "  So predictable.

And, had 3 been released with what surely would have been a marketing thrust of some kind, he likely would have had that parallel VR coding paid for by new subs and the likely subs of vets he absolutely would have kept.  Not all...but most.

Just because its a game doesn't mean the following statement isn't true although some here will argue that in the face of lost logic, MBA programs all over the world, AND serious business leaders who are responsible for increasing shareholder equity every single day of their professional lives:

"It takes 5 time more capital to attract and retain new customers than it does to keep existing customers"

Existing customers aren't always happy but neither are new customers and to watch someone argue that statement is tantamount to admitting they aren't a business person at all.  Maybe they don't want to be.  Ok.  Then they'll start over at business a lot of times in their life unnecessarily and a very high financial cost.

Sorry I went Bustr. :bolt:
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »
i for one would just like more aircraft, to hell with terrain. just my opinion.
if i cared about terrain i wouldn't be wanting to fly aircraft simple.
terrain we have no is sufficient and easy on guys older machines.
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #334 on: July 24, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »
While I appreciate you alibiing for HTC, he could have gotten AH3 out the door while paralleling development of VR coding...just like adding aircraft.  Because the current cost of VR is so clearly out of reach for a high % of the player base, it wasn't wise and it simply wasn't necessary.  I'm sure we'll hear something along the lines of "we needed to do it now because of the new graphics engine because doing it later would mean a complete re-do...blah blah. "  So predictable.

And, had 3 been released with what surely would have been a marketing thrust of some kind, he likely would have had that parallel VR coding paid for by new subs and the likely subs of vets he absolutely would have kept.  Not all...but most.

Just because its a game doesn't mean the following statement isn't true although some here will argue that in the face of lost logic, MBA programs all over the world, AND serious business leaders who are responsible for increasing shareholder equity every single day of their professional lives:

"It takes 5 time more capital to attract and retain new customers than it does to keep existing customers"

Existing customers aren't always happy but neither are new customers and to watch someone argue that statement is tantamount to admitting they aren't a business person at all.  Maybe they don't want to be.  Ok.  Then they'll start over at business a lot of times in their life unnecessarily and a very high financial cost.

Sorry I went Bustr. :bolt:

Your analytical ability of the software and entertainment industry shows how much of a clueless bloviated dolt you really are.

HiTech

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #335 on: July 24, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »
Your analytical ability of the software and entertainment industry shows how much of a clueless bloviated dolt you really are.

HiTech

Seriously? Your weigh in is to call someone names?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: July 24, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »
You don't release a program until its ready for prime time in production.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2016, 07:11:45 PM »
You don't release a program until its ready for prime time in production.
Agreed cuz then the ack you get is unimaginable I imagine. See what I did there?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #338 on: July 24, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »
i for one would just like more aircraft, to hell with terrain. just my opinion.
if i cared about terrain i wouldn't be wanting to fly aircraft simple.
terrain we have no is sufficient and easy on guys older machines.

While it may be sufficient for you, it's not sufficient in the long term for the game to survive.  AH needs what is coming in the beta, otherwise AH will continue to wither on the vine.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2016, 07:37:01 PM »

I think HTC's decision to include VR support is sound.  Most of the competing products include or will soon have VR support.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2016, 07:40:46 PM »
I made the exact same point as changeup in some other thread along the same lines a couple days back that I can't remember now, and just like with my post I see they are missing fugitives and changeups point heh.

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2016, 07:46:36 PM »
That VR is good but roll the product and add it later?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2016, 08:41:38 PM »
Quote from: Estes on July 17, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
Heres my concern, the alpha/beta has been out what? A year now? And other than vague descriptions about destructible bridges and such, all we have to go from is better graphics which if  the numbers in the beta and reading the boards is any indicator - not many seem to be able to run, or at least run it with it looking any different from what it currently does. I don't know how many are still here that remember the whole combat tour thing, but that's my biggest concern is getting Deja-Vu over again.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2016, 09:36:21 PM »
Seriously? Your weigh in is to call someone names?

Paladin, anyone with competent comprehension skills would know why he did just that.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #344 on: July 25, 2016, 05:39:17 AM »

HiTech

I think "bloviated buffoon" would have been funnier.  Just sayin
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez