Author Topic: Sherman tank Web site  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

• Zinc Member
      • The Sherman Tank Site
Sherman tank Web site
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:53:31 PM »
Hey guys!
way back in the day I used to play AH, but it's been so long, I don't remember my original name.

Anyway, I remember this part of the forum having some serious history buffs, so I thought I would drop by and post a link. I'd like to think it's the largest collection of Sherman info on the internet, with a huge number of Sherman related Tech Manuals and documents available for download and tons of high res pictures. All for free.
[url]www.theshermantank.com/url]

I want to jump into an Aces High tank to get a review up on the site.

Any feedback posted here, or as a comment on the site is welcome.
It's not just a Sherman website, it also has a small section dedicated to WWII Aircraft, with pictures and manuals for download.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:21:07 PM by Jeeps_Guns_Tanks »

Offline Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

• Zinc Member
      • The Sherman Tank Site
Re: Sherman tank Web site
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 11:35:13 PM »
One of my favorite Sherman pics.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 07:09:07 AM »
There are some good pics at that site. Thanks for posting!
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 05:34:01 PM »
I looked through the site briefly and can say I look forward to looking at it in depth.  :aok

For years there was a Sherman tank parked in front of the Cherry Hill, New Jersey armory. It had the extra armor plates welded to it. It stood as a gate guard for a long time. There were urban legend stories about it it had been there so long. I think after the first gulf war it was taken away and some self propelled gun was out there briefly. I always wondered what they did with the old Sherman.

Also in front of one of the VFW posts not far is a German Pak 40 anti tank gun. Last I saw it was still there along side a US "57mm I believe" anti tank gun.

We also have what I think is a Chieftain tank on display on route 130.

Maybe I should start another thread......... :headscratch:

Anyhoot thanks for the Sherman tank link!  :rock
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

• Zinc Member
      • The Sherman Tank Site
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 08:50:33 PM »

I looked through the site briefly and can say I look forward to looking at it in depth.  :aok

For years there was a Sherman tank parked in front of the Cherry Hill, New Jersey armory. It had the extra armor plates welded to it. It stood as a gate guard for a long time. There were urban legend stories about it it had been there so long. I think after the first gulf war it was taken away and some self propelled gun was out there briefly. I always wondered what they did with the old Sherman.

Also in front of one of the VFW posts not far is a German Pak 40 anti tank gun. Last I saw it was still there along side a US "57mm I believe" anti tank gun.

We also have what I think is a Chieftain tank on display on route 130.

Maybe I should start another thread......... :headscratch:

Anyhoot thanks for the Sherman tank link!  :rock

The Army may have taken it back for use in a museum or just to clean it up.    You may be able to find that old Sherman in LP Hannah's massive photo gallery of Sheman tanks.

http://www.vgbimages.com/AFV-Photos

The Sherman tank site is still going strong. I just got a Ord 9 SNL G-205 parts catalog for the M4A3 so I have a ton of rare cutaways of that motor up now, and a whole section on the tanks powertrain.

I also did these.

I have one for all the main guns on the Sherman and TDs based on it, and a variety of Sherman model data sheets.    I also have a section of WWII Airplane pilots manuals for free download.

Anyway, thanks for checking the site out.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Jeeps_Guns_Tanks

• Zinc Member
      • The Sherman Tank Site
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 12:06:38 AM »
Some new images I cleaned up.