Author Topic: Beta 28/29 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta 28/29 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 12:58:21 PM »
DX 11 was fine 4 days ago. Today I got the error message that the gam would not load because vcomp120.dll was missing.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
It should be an option either way.. it doesnt have anything to do with me personally.  I have my keyboard mapped to get around it.

The fact is though.. even after mapping it,  when i pull the clipboard or text buffer up, i get put into a mouse control mode im obviously trying to avoid.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 11:05:49 AM »
DX 11 was fine 4 days ago. Today I got the error message that the gam would not load because vcomp120.dll was missing.
  Ditto  :headscratch:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 01:33:52 PM »
Tried the Crater map for the first time this patch. Spawned on runway. Tried to exit back to tower and ended up on the lake, clipboard showed end sortie as an option but it didn't work. Alt-tab crashed the program and put me on my desktop. WW1 arena is ndisles again. I was able to spawn and exit normally there.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 12:01:14 PM »
VCOMP120.dll missing.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
A45 CrateMA

I was testing flying the storch out of the fighter hanger to crash it into trees to see if I towered properly. I cleared the small buildings just out of the hanger but, when I hit the canopy of the pine behind them. I got a crash sound but flew on unscathed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 04:39:05 PM »
Intermittent loss of Range Vox.  Beeps heard and names appear in corner, but no sound periodically.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 06:17:44 PM »
Screenshot quality diminished.  Possibly, due to my use of dynamic screen resolution and smoothing.  I will test it again using DSR and another without, and post results shortly.

Results:
Even without the expanded screen resolution the image quality is quite different and unusually cartoon.   Has to be bug... never seen anything like it before.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:43:56 PM by Chilli »

Offline HanzUp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 07:28:30 PM »
My screenshots look normal:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:31:42 PM by HanzUp »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 11:25:36 PM »
I almost chocked! I forgot F3 mode was operational in the Beta,lol. I have noticed a vox problem as well. Then again, I have an old headset. Most type pretty well insread. Instead,lol. Made my own point there! Seems I have problems hearing radio, some have said I come across week. I have everything I know of cranked fully up. Its not a real big deal,unless I try to text and fly lol I haven't had any issues with screen shots. I know in the first versions of the beta and some of the later alpha patches, Sweetfx worked in game(after market shading program). Think it is no longer compatible, well wasn't after patch 19ish anyway. Might be the same sort of issue? 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 09:11:52 AM »
Screenshot quality diminished.  Possibly, due to my use of dynamic screen resolution and smoothing.  I will test it again using DSR and another without, and post results shortly.

Results:
Even without the expanded screen resolution the image quality is quite different and unusually cartoon.   Has to be bug... never seen anything like it before.

(Image removed from quote.)

Checking that it is an Alt S Screen shot?

HiTech

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 09:35:56 AM »
SweetFx still works if you have the right version. Will test it again on the latest release.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
Ran Sweetfx in both DX9 and DX11 with no problems. I normally have it turned off so as not to interfere with Beta testing.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 02:13:19 PM »
Yes, Alt + S screenshots.  I have taken a look at the bmp files with gimp and they are transparent areas that show up white in the image.

Remember, I am one of those folks that downloaded the .dll file before I realized it was not a good thing.  :uhoh  I wonder, if that  makes the difference?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 02:29:39 PM »
Have you tried scrubbing the game then doing a full install? Or opened the original screen shot in another art program?

Some strange visuals like this which resembles using a "magic wand" tool in Gimp or paint.net makes me look first at my installation or my art program before bringing it to hitech. I installed the DX redistributable when hitech released the DX11 version of the game with no DX graphics problems. I have run into problems with DSR and FXAA from the NVIDIA control panel with both versions of this beta.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.