Author Topic: Upgradables in Aces High 3  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Upgradables in Aces High 3
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 09:49:26 AM »
I want Turbine Boost or Turbos like Blue Thunder/Airwolf.

:airplane:  :bolt:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 10:27:08 AM »
Wish:

Dear HTC,

I wish that there was some way to pick out trolls easier...maybe a different colored icon in-game or maybe some sort of flashing strobe on their BBS board profile.

For real though bushmills...if your in need of help of any kind...try finding a squad in-game...we would be more than happy to assist you IF you are really a new player...even if your a banned vet that re-started a BBS account...find either myself or Sawzaw or 2cmex and you can wing up with us...we will help you every step of the way...

If you are some sort of troll that is trying to anger the masses of old men on this board that hate the idea of a "pay to win" system within AH...then I would beg you leave them alone...I am not an old man...but I have been playing this game for 11 years...and your making my blood pressure high by actually suggesting something that this game doesn't need nor does the community need...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
This might have been more convincing if the wish was for documented field mods purchased with perks. The luft had many kits and the 56th's engines were running at the specs of the P47M's from the factory due to tinkering from the support crews. Even Japanese planes had a few aircraft versions that were well up-gunned. Might be an opportunity for PTAB's and an Hs129 with BK7.5, or those Hell Kitties with two 20mm. Or that 110 with the ventral BK3.7.

A lot of this comes under meh, boredom has set in for some vets.... :rolleyes:  Some players would find ways with this to abuse the rest of us into demanding astronomical perk prices to make them very rare in the MA. While others it would be the illusion of getting around AH is a meritocracy of hitching up your big boy pants and giving your sister back her panties. Anything to kick others in the nutz from behind and get away with it to crow on ch200.

And then that would no longer be Aces High, just another teeny bopper game full of sissies.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »
As a distraction to the everyday MA I wonder how hard it would be to have a Friday night free for all where the planes were actually "juiced" for everyone.  Sounds like a blast

or would we still be sissies?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:55:40 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 04:09:16 PM »
On friday night its the pilots that are juiced, not the planes.  :rofl :cheers:
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »
AvA CM's will be happy to give you a free 262 for all night every Friday night if you can guarantee some numbers. I think they call it 1948 and use the 262's as early jets and throw in Tempests, spit14, mossi6 and K4 to substitute for some of the menagerie both sides fought with. Every time they ran it the place was a ghost town not long after peak numbers. Maybe 12 on a side.

Boredom, like shopping for food when you are hungry, is not a good condition to ask for a permanent change. Everyone wants a nibble while they are married or in a long term relationship during a low period. Indulging has never been a good idea because you never think past your condition.

15 years now and this never changes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 08:22:48 PM »
Fly a Yak3 and you never have to upgrade the armor.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 03:32:20 AM »
what save wouldn't give to stick a turbo in his A8 and then have weight reduced by 50%     :devil
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 03:53:02 AM »
Bruv will still only have access to a Klemm 35 with a slingshot..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »
what save wouldn't give to stick a turbo in his A8 and then have weight reduced by 50%     :devil
Yea so he can catch all the Yak 3 space ships flying around :aok

Fly a Yak3 and you never have to upgrade the armor.
:rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 10:50:14 AM »
I got a yak3 yesterday  :aok  I only needed 4*30mm hits before his right wing decided to separate, oh, and also a bunch of 20mms and 13mms ...  :bhead
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
I got a yak3 yesterday  :aok  I only needed 4*30mm hits before his right wing decided to separate, oh, and also a bunch of 20mms and 13mms ...  :bhead
Anyone who doesn't think the Yak 3 is a tank is just crazy  :rofl :rofl

I almost wonder if hits aren't be registered like the tators used to not register sometimes.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 12:04:59 PM »

i got 3 yaks saturday.  all I needed was 2 rockets each.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 03:46:24 PM »
I would pay perks to have the gun upgrades crews did on the B25C during the North Africa missions. Crews regularly cut holes in the fuselage for waist and tail guns, although they didn't work that well due to the tight spaces. I'd also pay for the B25B with the ball turret.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »
If my memory isn't too bad the ball turret was remote controlled, aimed trough mirrors and absolutely useless.