Author Topic: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
Re: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
The OP's original post doesn't help.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:44 PM »
The fighters aren't bailing out, they are breaking off the engagement due to either a wound or damaged plane.  There is a very big difference, though I'm not entirely sure you're smart enough to see it.

no, what you have is two standards. one for bombers and one for fighters.

-if you were in a fighter and get into a fight with another fighter and that fighter got damaged and ran away to ack or whatever you would be screaming bloody murder.

-if a fighter engages a bomber and got hurt and he dives down to rtb.  then you think it's ok.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2016, 09:57:34 PM »
I don't think most of the "good fight" crowd have a big issue with someone bugging out due to fuel, ammo, or damage.  They might not realize that was the reason and need to be told (and may very well lay into him before they're told), but it's hard to fault a guy for bailing when he can't fight back any more.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 04:19:50 AM »
Like I said in another thread - SNEAK a base is the preferred option now.  Very few will fight for it.

Even sneaking a base takes effort, provided the defenders come up and play. 

If the base is undefended you cannot blame it on the sneakers.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2016, 04:23:02 AM »
I don't think most of the "good fight" crowd have a big issue with someone bugging out due to fuel, ammo, or damage.  They might not realize that was the reason and need to be told (and may very well lay into him before they're told), but it's hard to fault a guy for bailing when he can't fight back any more.

A point I have made many times. 

I have been out of gas or out of ammo plenty when a guy comes in for a fight.  I bugged out, rearmed, came back.   Usually they've moved on.   I realize the player in question will find that frustrating, but I've been on the other side of that coin, too. 

Damage and PW are also common, especially for a Pony fighting near ack. 

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2016, 08:37:37 AM »

-if you were in a fighter and get into a fight with another fighter and that fighter got damaged and ran away to ack or whatever you would be screaming bloody murder.

-if a fighter engages a bomber and got hurt and he dives down to rtb.  then you think it's ok.

semp
so semp, youre advocating bombing and bailling?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »
so semp, youre advocating bombing and bailling?

just pointing out the hypocrisy of some of you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
just pointing out the hypocrisy of some of you.

semp
ive never seen a fighter bail because a bomber is too close. but i have seen bombers do this a thousand times. ive seen fighters get shot by bombers, get smoked or broke and bail. ive seen bombers do this too. if youre plane is broke no will say crap when you bail it. i never said a single thing about bailing broke planes.  that has zero to do with anything i posted here. so, it seems like youre trolling to me. because not one thing youve written makes any sense at all.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »
ive never seen a fighter bail because a bomber is too close. but i have seen bombers do this a thousand times. ive seen fighters get shot by bombers, get smoked or broke and bail. ive seen bombers do this too. if youre plane is broke no will say crap when you bail it. i never said a single thing about bailing broke planes.  that has zero to do with anything i posted here. so, it seems like youre trolling to me. because not one thing youve written makes any sense at all.

+1
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »

semp

No, you don't have two standards at all.  The fighter attempted to engage the bombers but was damaged, while in the other case the bomber pilot bails out before the fighter attacks in order to avoid combat.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »
Wonder how long this game would survive if Hitech changed the runway spawn system to spawning you in the air, co-alt, 3000yds from the nearest enemy plane to your current field? Would be hard on bombers and probably kill the bombing game in the first week. And the jabo game along with it. But, no more NOE base sneeking, no more base capturing, no more base resupplying in C47s. Just pure all night long instant fighter fights, maybe.

Lobbying Hitech to change the game in favor of one play style versus others is a time honored AH pastime. Hitech has responded over the years with changes good or bad but, not radical enough to force players to leave en masse. The changes have always had the feeling of an adjustment to the play functions versus the use of force to make customers do things they are not inclined to.

So how do you lobby Hitech to change the game to force customers not inclined to play your way, to comply and not have them cancel their subscription? The heart of your way is that they be forced into being physically located within a close enough distance to you that excludes any other play options but fighting your way.

So how does Hitech change the game to "force" everyone to fight all the time and not loose subscriptions? All of us know as the game programmer he has always had the option to force us to do this. Why has he chosen not to for 15 years?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2016, 12:59:21 PM »
Bustr, players have left en masse. Hopefully, subscribers haven't. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2016, 01:07:49 PM »
bustr, you have some on your chin.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2016, 01:22:34 PM »
No, you don't have two standards at all.  The fighter attempted to engage the bombers but was damaged, while in the other case the bomber pilot bails out before the fighter attacks in order to avoid combat.

ack-ack

Emphatic +1
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2016, 01:25:21 PM »
bustr, you have some on your chin.

:rofl

+1

If Hitech would give a kill when someone bails within icon range that would change things.  Brand X gave you a proxy.   Why we don't do that here is beyond me. 

In real life bails were awarded to the man with the gun camera film.   It should be the same here.  At least the frustration level would go down a wee bit for many.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -