Author Topic: Ho or no HO  (Read 3363 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ho or no HO
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 08:04:05 AM »
The only mistake you made is responding to a rage PM or tuning 200 and listening to a whine.  Keep flying and ignore both in the future!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 08:19:36 AM »

Chuikov

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 08:33:10 AM »
I dont care about rage 200 or pms one way or the other, this was just an honest question. It seems to me that the Niki was maneuvering to gain a shot on Bolow and was either unaware or did not care of my presence. I

Chuikov

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
Niki didn't even try to get out of the way. He could have shot as well but instead pulls a small lazy right turn and then thinks for whatever reason that you won't shoot him now. Next time Mr. Niki, turn harder.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
Guys! I was surfing the web just now, looking at old photos from WW2 and I came across a very strange image.

^^^^
What is that!? I mean, I know that's the cockpit of a P-51 but when I first saw it I thought something looked strange about it. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I really looked hard and then I saw it. That weird object in the middle. What exactly is that? It might be hard to see since the photo is quite old. It took me a while to see it as well so I'll go ahead and highlight it.

That thing I circled in red. Just what the heck is that? I have never seen an object like that in any aircraft of any era. Is this photoshopped? I'm quite interested in knowing what that strange object is and what it might do if it's real.  :headscratch: :headscratch:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »
I read a book that said a few planes were equipped with something called a "bliss wand".

HiTech

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »
like i said, i didnt give a crap 2 seconds later.  i only said anything as a public shaming type deal since he was 1of 6 vs 1. to me, it seems when youre ganging you dont need to ho the guy.  you have plenty of room to maneuver.  thats only my opinion though. 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »
like i said, i didnt give a crap 2 seconds later.  i only said anything as a public shaming type deal since he was 1of 6 vs 1. to me, it seems when youre ganging you dont need to ho the guy.  you have plenty of room to maneuver.  thats only my opinion though.

Clearly the problem is you didn't shout "Home Free!" as you flew across his gunsight.  If you don't do that, people are going to pull the trigger.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 10:07:42 AM »
btw, Chuikov, theres no hard feelings at all, and never was. i get irritated flying all that way to get ganged and whatever else happens. then i pipe up about it, because it takes so much time to do anything in this game. but theres nothing personal and not your fault i pay 15 a month. i dont know why i even play.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
I dont care about rage 200 or pms one way or the other, this was just an honest question. It seems to me that the Niki was maneuvering to gain a shot on Bolow and was either unaware or did not care of my presence. I
The answer is no...he pulled away from HO, so technically he was not HO with you. He did however have a decent angle to make one there, at least as far as I can tell from these films...depending on the situation I would or would not have taken this shot...in a 1v1 with this type of angle I would have pulled away from shot from both perspectives, in the MA where a countrymen is about to die....depends, do I think the N1k deserves the kill?? Has he been fighting alone against a few?? Then maybe I don't take the shot....but what if it's 2v5 and he's one of the 5...yea I'm blasting his gang banging butt out of the sky :aok

And if it's to clear a Pig...well I've been known to sacrifice for them so I'm probably ramming you too.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 10:12:31 AM »
I will end it here. If you noticed this first set of images I deliberately omitted any handles pertaining to the rooks as to not publicly shame anyone. If you feel as if this were a witch hunt of sorts then I do apologize.  Secondly, of all the AC within 2k of the incident in question, 3 were Knight and 2 were Rook. In total, there were 8 Knight AC and 7 Rook that were within range of the film. It may have been for a short period of time a 6 on 1, but numbers seemed to have evened out towards the end.

Chuikov

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
I will end it here. If you noticed this first set of images I deliberately omitted any handles pertaining to the rooks as to not publicly shame anyone. If you feel as if this were a witch hunt of sorts then I do apologize.  Secondly, of all the AC within 2k of the incident in question, 3 were Knight and 2 were Rook. In total, there were 8 Knight AC and 7 Rook that were within range of the film. It may have been for a short period of time a 6 on 1, but numbers seemed to have evened out towards the end.
nah, amigo, no one would even know it was me if i didnt say anything here in this thread. i know you arent witch hunting. i appreciate the name omissions, but i have nothing to hide. the people in this game know i get pissy at certain things. i know their disdain for me and i know i earned it. but my intent is not ill and i think the disdain is misplaced.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »
Personally, I hope they go for the HO.... Makes it easy to get the reverse and send them to the tower <shrug>
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »
I wish players would call it what it is...A John Wayne merge!

Ho is such a derogatory name....

I would call that shot an acute angle frontal attack!  If a player flies through your gun sight and you dont shoot,then who is the fool?

Now had this been a duel,it might have been poor form,"IF" that was the first merge and it was agreed that it would be a guns cold merge..... otherwise.... it was just a nice shot! :aok

:salute