Author Topic: Let's get more people back in the skies!  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
Re: Let's get more people back in the skies!
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
I completely disagree. All the furballers have left because there are no other furballers to fight. Now they are stuck aimlessly floating around chasing tiny red dars during the off hours, players log off because it's not exciting. All of the furballers will go play a different game now. You are left with strat nuts who don't want to find enemies to fight against. Most people do want furballs, but the dying #s have decreased the furballers, therefore there are no furballers. How do you create furballers? You create a room for them to furball. Those people will test their skills in the MA. This will cause more furballs in the MA. This will keep more people playing the game. This will get more people interested in flying fighters and furballing again.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2016, 06:13:46 PM »
(snicker)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2016, 06:29:09 PM »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
You've obviously never read a philosophy book.

by your reasoning you have never been a knight.  all the furballers are there. but since we don't furball alone, then by default the other countries must have furballers.

so no all the furballerd haven't left.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »
Most people don't want to furballing these days, it is a dieing breed. Saying a death bowl will bring in more people is like a dealership putting cars on sale hoping to sell trucks. It just won't work.

Thats silly and a false claim.. any sale that attracts a potential customer would up the chances of a dealership selling a truck.. happens ALL the time in ALL forms of retail.. but nice try..

The game is a dying breed.. Not just furballers.. So like I said.. Lets not try anything.. Keep advocating for nothing.. I mean why would you want to add anything to the game that some others might find fun or that might attract people back..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016, 07:43:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Invictus.. are you that guy that got angry when someone posted a picture of a candy van? I can't recall the guy's name.. but this resembles some tard comment he would make..

I see no fallacy in his argument other than he could have used 'most' instead of 'all'..  help me out?
- TWBYDHAS

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »
by your reasoning you have never been a knight.  all the furballers are there. but since we don't furball alone, then by default the other countries must have furballers.

so no all the furballerd haven't left.

semp

Change the word all or most to 65% and you'll have your answer.

I had to switch to bish just to give the knights a fight. Hoarding bases isn't fun either. They have the best fighter squads by far. The realization is that the opposition simply needs more fighters in the sky in order to keep the knights satisfied.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 08:02:32 PM »
Change the word all or most to 65% and you'll have your answer.

I had to switch to bish just to give the knights a fight. Hoarding bases isn't fun either. They have the best fighter squads by far. The realization is that the opposition simply needs more fighters in the sky in order to keep the knights satisfied.

perhaps you may want to change your  statement that all furballers are gone.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »

perhaps you may want to change your  statement that all furballers are gone.

semp

Semp, I thought Violator did in the quote, you quoted of his last post.... < shakes head >

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »
Furball Lake worked for a long time along side the rest of the DA where the duelers left the neophyte Lake energizer bunnies alone for the most part. Something worked with the lake setup that kept none duelers coming back and even creating squads. I doubt they would have kept at it as long as they did if a bunch of MA vets or duelers decided to flood their tiny world day in and out slaughtering them for trying to get in the air. Many I talked to said that was why they were happy staying at the lake all those years they did.

That is the heart of the problem. If vets want at the new blood asap, new players most likely won't stay with the game. It took some of the Lake crowd years to migrate to the MA. You could always tell a Lake player when he was moving into the MA. Constant HOing then running as their goto ACM. Eventually they joined squads and learned better fighting skills over time.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »
Invictus.. are you that guy that got angry when someone posted a picture of a candy van? I can't recall the guy's name.. but this resembles some tard comment he would make..

I see no fallacy in his argument other than he could have used 'most' instead of 'all'..  help me out?

Changing 'all' to 'most' to helps, but his argument appears to be filled with fallacies. 

This appears to be a sensitive subject.  I apologize if my attempt at humor offended you or him.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 09:36:41 PM »
Thats silly and a false claim.. any sale that attracts a potential customer would up the chances of a dealership selling a truck.. happens ALL the time in ALL forms of retail.. but nice try..

The game is a dying breed.. Not just furballers.. So like I said.. Lets not try anything.. Keep advocating for nothing.. I mean why would you want to add anything to the game that some others might find fun or that might attract people back..

No, logic would say if I want to sell more trucks that I should put the TRUCKS on sale.

If I want to see more people in the MA, I would FIX the MA.

The DA worked well until the dweebs went in with vulching, picking, only running temps or 262s, or C hogs. As I said, put some rules into the DA, ENFORCE the rules, and the "furballer" types will hang out there like they use to in the old days. But again, I see no way that would increase the population in the MAs.

Furballers and the Strat type players have ALWAYS been the two sides in this game. When there was a furball lake map the strat players complained about "wasted resources" namely the players furballing. When ever the strat type players grab all the bases at a tank town area like NDilse map the furballer complain..... think you posted something like that recently Violator. Catering to one type isn't going to grow the other.

There needs to be a balance. Take away the resupply of the towns, making the strat guys fight for them instead of resupplying them. No that the TT base CAN be capture, and the furballer should help cap/fight to keep them.  Instead of having the game set up to "take away" something as most griefer type  (both furballer and strat type griefers) players do, make it so they are rewarded better for NOT griefing.

Police the arenas more so there is less bullying and so not chasing away new players who may not have developed that tough skin yet. Players should help by reporting poor behavior more no matter WHO the offending player is. Picture more and bigger bouncers to ensure EVERYONE has fun and NOBODY is in there spoiling it.

THings like these will make the MAs more popular, and so more populated. As that populations grows more options appear in game play. More options means more fun. Time to clean up the cesspool!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »
good news though... more manned guns coming in AH3!

just another reason for a player to defend their base like a real internet warrior.

I hear they are in the towns now too!   Gotta protect those m3's suppin!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »
I would love for the DA to go back to being a killshooter off arena as this would allow for a deathbowl section of the map where you could have your free-for-all and would also allow for a group of friends to square off for 1v1's using check 6's like we used to do years and years ago.  It is very much preferable to trying to keep sides balanced and only having access to 1/2 of the group to fight at a time with the current system of killshooter on.

I've been asking for this for over a decade now.  I guess it's just never going to happen.  It does have problems.  It makes it easier for griefers to interrupt duels because they get to grief two people at once and not just one.  This could be mitigated by giving regular duelers CM powers in there, but many of the regular duelers are on HiTech's ****list by now, so that'll never happen either  :rofl
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2016, 11:03:53 AM »
I would love for the DA to go back to being a killshooter off arena as this would allow for a deathbowl section of the map where you could have your free-for-all and would also allow for a group of friends to square off for 1v1's using check 6's like we used to do years and years ago.  It is very much preferable to trying to keep sides balanced and only having access to 1/2 of the group to fight at a time with the current system of killshooter on.

I've been asking for this for over a decade now.  I guess it's just never going to happen.  It does have problems.  It makes it easier for griefers to interrupt duels because they get to grief two people at once and not just one.  This could be mitigated by giving regular duelers CM powers in there, but many of the regular duelers are on HiTech's ****list by now, so that'll never happen either  :rofl

A good idea, but then I have never understood why kill shooter exists in the first place.  It doesn't in similar games, and it's inclusion detracts from the simulation of real-world risks of friendly fire. 

Does kill shooter keep friendly units from intentionally shooting and killing one another?  Yes and no.  Yes it keeps people from shooting each other directly, but it also allows people to game the game.  I've lost count the number of times I softened up an opponent only to have someone fly into my gun stream.  I go boom, they clean up and get credit for the kill.  Yes, some were accidental, but others I'm fairly certain were not.