Author Topic: A26 INVADER  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: A26 INVADER
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 03:18:35 AM »
I would hope the version of the A-26 would be the "C" model with the clam shell canopy that allowed the top turret to be locked in the forward firing position.

Nope, it was exactly the opposite. The old canopy allowed the turret to be locked to fire in unison with the forward firing armament. The newer canopy was bulged outward and therefore there wasn't enough clearance to do it.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
Nope, it was exactly the opposite. The old canopy allowed the turret to be locked to fire in unison with the forward firing armament. The newer canopy was bulged outward and therefore there wasn't enough clearance to do it.

Looking at my book on the Invader, the clamshell canopy was introduced in the A-26B-30-DL block being produced in Long Beach plant while the Tulsa plant line put out the A-26C-30-DT block with the clamshell canopy. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
They still are too fast in formation by a 100mph or so.
A 110g cant catch some buffs at high alt's, which is stupid.

Rolling or doing a full splitS in a  Lancaster would cause "disturbances in the force of fidelity".

It also helped the A-26 in AW that all bombers had porked flight models that allowed them to out turn any fighter in the game.  The A-26 in AH would fly much differently.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 02:35:43 AM »
Good idea! Can we please add some Unicorns fahting Rainbows too?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 02:28:51 PM »
They still are too fast in formation by a 100mph or so.
A 110g cant catch some buffs at high alt's, which is stupid.

Rolling or doing a full splitS in a  Lancaster would cause "disturbances in the force of fidelity".

Hey... this here is Relaxed Realism.  Stop whining!
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 07:01:17 PM »
It would be a nice addition, though it wound render the A-20 pretty much a hanger queen if it's introduced.

naa,A20 would still get used

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 06:13:34 AM »
Love to have this plane.

http://www.aviation-history.com/douglas/a26.html
:airplane: A very good idea EZ, I think it would add some "spice" to the game! I personally think the best use of the 26C version would in NOE attacks, but it would take at least 3 sets to be effective! Its very quick to climb to 7K from sea level for example for bombing purposes, but in the right hands, a "total" NOE would be the best use of this a/c! Don't mistake its flying with a "sluggishly" over loaded twin engine medium bomber! With 50% flaps, it'll turn inside of most twin engine aircraft! When firing 8 50's on a low level pass at something, you get the impression that it "stutters" in mid air!
There is no comparison between what we have now, the 26B and a true 26C!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 02:50:17 AM »
The A 20 acts more like an Invader anyway.  U.S.A.A.C.  banned any acrobatics in A20  and banks of more than 45 degrees. the wings come off.  A26 could hold it's own against bf 109g in some c0onditions. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 03:24:42 AM »
A26 could hold it's own against bf 109g in some c0onditions.

What makes you think that? 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 11:02:59 AM »
There is no comparison between what we have now, the 26B and a true 26C!
We don't have any version of it now.  We have a Martin B-26B, a completely unrelated aircraft to the Douglas A-26, later B-26.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »
It would be an A20 with 800 more horses and up to eight more guns. Brutal airplane!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »
If its perked maybe. Otherwise any base defender would up it with gun pods and HO the skies clear.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »
As long as the pilot's eyes are locked inside of the airplane, maybe. This airplane had some pretty high loss rates and never was a fighter.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Based on how the A-20 is used in the game, a more powerful variant with 8-14 .50.s would be widely misused. Disable F3 mode might work since the visibility is rather poor. But we dont need an upgraded A-20 with a ton of more fire power as long as the current one is flown the way it is.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 02:08:55 PM »
It would be a nice addition, though it wound render the A-20 pretty much a hanger queen if it's introduced.

I dont think so. The A26 would be perked and the A20 has a following of those who can actually dog fight with it. And do it well. The A20 will always be 1st choice when the FHs are down and the Boston is a nice, fast raider.

Man sometimes I Log on and cant make up my mind what to fly there are so many options now. I'd love to see the A26.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"