Author Topic: Beta 40/41 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 5709 times)

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
Re: Beta 40/41 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 02:22:09 PM »
The spatial orientation when using a headset and TrackIR5 appear to be wrong.
When I look left 90 degrees the engine sound is almost muted. When I look further
left past 90 degrees the engine sound fills the left ear when the engine is on the right.
Same affect when looking right.
When looking up at the 90 degree point I get the same muted effect. When I look past
90 degrees it fills both ears with the engine sound, until I move my head left or right then
the reverse engine sounds appear. I have tried different sound configurations in the sounds
panel. Even mono produces the effect. This happens in DX9, DX11, on or off line.
I am using a Sound Blaster Z PCIx sound card, Windows 7. DX Diag included.   

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »
With rift cv1

The interaction dot is now persistent and never goes away. Before you only saw it when the clipboard was up. Much better the old way.

Also the button assigned keys for mouse left and right do not work on all menus and appeared to be inconsistent. They worked for the flight keyboard but once on the menu screens getting in or out usually not.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
With rift cv1

The interaction dot is now persistent and never goes away. Before you only saw it when the clipboard was up. Much better the old way.

Also the button assigned keys for mouse left and right do not work on all menus and appeared to be inconsistent. They worked for the flight keyboard but once on the menu screens getting in or out usually not.

Terry

You should see the dot when the clip board is up , or a window like the radio, or an OK confirmation dialog. Are you seeing it other then those times?

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 40 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 04:45:31 PM »
Same
fixed problem by reloading the full beta

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 05:48:34 PM »
You should see the dot when the clip board is up , or a window like the radio, or an OK confirmation dialog. Are you seeing it other then those times?

Yes I was seeing it all the time with no clipboard or any other window up.

Terry

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 06:12:18 PM »
Mine goes to documents folder as well
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2016, 07:28:34 PM »
mine did too..
I went to temp file and found patch and launched it from there.. then the other patch worked after..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
Just finished my new PC and went into the SuperFly arena. Very first sortie while diving down to engage a con, the phantom control lockup occurred. Every sortie after it did not happen and I could not duplicate it by duplicating my actions.

Video card GTX 760 in a PCI-Ex 3 slot.

Below is a screen shot of pixilisation from intense light reflection.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 11:19:57 PM »
mine did too..
I went to temp file and found patch and launched it from there.. then the other patch worked after..

That worked for me, too.

How did you know to do that?

- oldman

Offline peterg2

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 12:10:44 AM »
Download patch for 40/41 crashes to My Doc's window. Running DX9 version for some reason. Loaded game from Hitech web main page. Didn't have option of Dx11 version. I have DX11 on my 64 bit i7 Win7 machine.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 12:30:47 AM »
HT, what he meant re the Rift cursor dot is that before, when the clipboard was up, you could use the mouse to control that dot, and not have to use the Rift/head to move the dot around, which takes more precision and time and can be a bit of a pita.  Are you able to allow the VR player to choose between using a mouse to control the cursor when the clipboard is up again?  If not, it can be adjusted to, but again, it isn't quite as precise as using the mouse IMO, and also means you can't look around when the clipboard is up, as you must use your head in order to steer the cursor.

VR looking great still, very happy with how it turned out.  I might try the Vive again tomorrow just to see how it's different and to finally try the hand controllers as the Hotas.  As stated before, I found the Xbox controller to be surprisingly good, very precise shooting platform too.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 02:25:14 AM »
Download patch for 40/41 crashes to My Doc's window. Running DX9 version for some reason. Loaded game from Hitech web main page. Didn't have option of Dx11 version. I have DX11 on my 64 bit i7 Win7 machine.

The installer creates a shortcut for the DX9 version only, no matter which DX version you have on your computer. Supposedly it's for compatibility since the DX9 version will run on all current machines.

The DX11 version is in the game folder, C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta Game, named ahbeta11. Create a shortcut of it on your desktop to easily run the DX11 version.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:28:45 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 07:32:48 AM »
Noticed a "shadow" ahead of the wing when facing the sun.
Also, a visual "line" in clouds.

All graphic settings max, except post lighting disabled.

(Screen shots are attached.  Can't figure out how to insert the image.)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »
Yes I was seeing it all the time with no clipboard or any other window up.

Terry

HiTech

This behavior is on a new win 10 anniversary update machine. I just ran a test on my win 7 pc and on that one the dot works as it should? I will try some more tests on the win 10 to see if it might be related to some of the bugs reported on the oculus forums related to the anniversary update.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2016, 10:52:07 AM »
HiTech

This behavior is on a new win 10 anniversary update machine. I just ran a test on my win 7 pc and on that one the dot works as it should? I will try some more tests on the win 10 to see if it might be related to some of the bugs reported on the oculus forums related to the anniversary update.

Terry

Also it should change behavior if your head set is on or off.

HiTech