Author Topic: AH III Pre-Release 0.9 is out!!  (Read 6945 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH III Pre-Release 0.9 is out!!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 09:03:59 PM »
There were around 54 folks in AH3 tonight.  22 22 and 10 or something when I logged off.
There were fun fights on two fronts. 

Kanth is back.

I love it when a plan comes together.

- oldman (OK...tm George Peppard)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 09:21:29 PM »

Hey OldMan  :salute
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 09:26:59 PM »
Do we need to remove the beta version and load from scratch,
or can we just update the beta?
Thanks;
Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 09:30:56 PM »
You can run it like you would an update to the beta, but it is it's own animal and installs to it's own home.
I removed the beta after installing AH3

You don't have to remove the beta though. You can keep AH2 Beta and AH3 on the same machine.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 09:35:17 PM »
Thanks
Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 10:41:53 PM »
Thank god, after 2 years of wandering around in this thing alone, finally people to play with.

Hmm I seem to remember several times in Alpha &  Beta you shooting me down or me shooting you in a tank. :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2016, 05:08:48 AM »
Finally got my new Windows 10 build, AND managed to keep the kids away from Minecraft VR ...

Wow... the beta is looking awesome. The 3D stuff in the cockpit has that feeling of if you reached out you could touch it. External sounds are so immersive, I had a long fight with tonks - P47M vs Yak-9T... it felt so good (probably not for tonks, he got a 37mm enema... in the end - get it! in the end :D )

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 05:39:11 AM »
Sigh. What's the trick to make it work?
Retired

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 06:16:16 AM »
Sigh. What's the trick to make it work?

Can you explain with a little more detail?

How did you go about downloading it? by way of auto-updating the AH beta? or manually downloading this Full Version Aces High III pre-release and installing it?

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2016, 06:20:03 AM »
Manual download of dx11 version, clean install. Will load now but no sound. Xonar X7 - "No speakers detected. No sound for you" message. Has headphones plugged in and selected on the card.

Has caused several Explorer crashes post game exit requiring reboot to fix.

Retired

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2016, 06:44:56 AM »
Manual download of dx11 version, clean install. Will load now but no sound. Xonar X7 - "No speakers detected. No sound for you" message. Has headphones plugged in and selected on the card.

Has caused several Explorer crashes post game exit requiring reboot to fix.

Voch5, first off Aces High III pre-release downloads both DX versions, the desktop icon it places on your desktop is for what ever DX version that is most native to your OS/computer setup

Go to the programs list and you will see both links to both DX9 & DX11

Try running it in the DX9 mode and see if you have the same problem

Also, did you copy your AH beta settings folder over from the beta patch 41 to the new full version AH 3 pre-release install?

Also, I recommend that you post this in the AH Beta forum.... I recommend that all others posting potential issues in this thread to post them in the AH beta forum as well

Hope this helps, let us know
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2016, 08:33:10 AM »
Pssst, Terry,

--------------------------------

it will be at least 2 weeks of pre release testing AHIII. Roy will be on vacation for 2 weeks , and I don't care to go live with out him here.

HiTEch

AH3 is up and running and we should be all using it to test. Plus there are differences so better to get used to them now. It was my understanding that the only difference between pre release and after is that AH2 will be gone after. They have spent a lot of time creating a wonderful product and it is sad to see large numbers ignoring it! IMHO

Terry

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2016, 09:18:10 AM »
They have spent a lot of time creating a wonderful product and it is sad to see large numbers ignoring it! IMHO

But there's always a good chance that at least some ignoring the new product do not find it wonderful at all ;)

And of course, there's also a general aversion to change with many of us old people as well  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2016, 11:16:48 AM »
had a good time yesterday euro evening on AH3  :aok

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
Are you new to AH?