Author Topic: Game Lockups in FSO?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Trainee

• Copper Member
Game Lockups in FSO?
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:44:47 PM »
I am sure that there were several who suffered multiple lock ups in our first night of AH3 FSO??  Good thing was that some of us were able to rejoin our flight once we came back into the game.  My Frame rates were 60 so I am pretty sure it was not my PC as several in our squad had the same issue.

I think HTC will have a great product here once all the bugs are worked out so I am not looking to bash HTC with this. 

Just wanted to "kick the can" so to speak so the powers to be can see that we had troubles tonight.  Thought about putting this in the Beta thread but it was a Special Event so I landed here.

Still had fun!   :salute
Trainee
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"Step aside Butch..."

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
Re: Game Lockups in FSO?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:46:47 PM »
my frame rate would drop to 0 for a few minutes then pop back to 60.  Seemed random when it would hit 0 and for different amounts of time. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 11:54:24 PM »
We had several discos, once for me.

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:03:41 AM »
A few of our squad had them happen as well.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 12:17:40 AM »
my frame rate would drop to 0 for a few minutes then pop back to 60.  Seemed random when it would hit 0 and for different amounts of time.

Yep,  I had the same problem.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 12:26:05 AM »
yep screen froze briefly for several of us and we had one person drop to desktop several times but was able to return to his plane directly each time.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:35 AM »
5 times in melee, then right at shot on TU-2 in FSO...(several of us had it happen simultaneously)

when I got back into the game AI had decided to bail me out.

sigh
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline AKQwik

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 12:36:24 AM »
Me and another AK were both discoed at the exact same time, but we were able to rejoin our planes.

Offline Flavel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 12:43:40 AM »
Had a minor lockup/warp wherein several TU-2s suddenly appeared in front of my 109g6.   It was horrible... :devil

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 01:06:47 AM »
not just FSO.  AHIII was micro pausing all day

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 02:50:26 AM »
Yes, the game play tonight came close to matching the name of the current FSO, Crimean Catastrophe, 3 disco's and multiple screen freezes, but I am not going to jump on Hitech about the game play either. It's come a long way and I know he has tried to address a good amount of the concerns with the game. That being said, The one area that does need to be looked into is that a fair number of AH2 players that were not able to play tonight, not because of the game problems but because of the requirements of the game. Duxford lost 3 ready and willing pilots and I know for a fact there were at least several other squads in the same situation. I would hope that this is fixable. I personally have asked for a lot from the AH team and for the most part they have done very well in addressing the issues. I'm sure they are also well aware of this, lets see where it goes. 

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 06:28:07 AM »
"Requirements of the game"? Really, Q? We all have known requirements would increase for a couple of years now. What more do you think HTC could do? Time to move on from that one, I think.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:13 AM »
We had no lockups...no freezes...plenty of cons to kill...and gained one of our old squaddies back... :rock

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 01:20:37 PM »
I too suffered from small freezes but they were very brief and fortunately never at a real bad time. Honestly I was surprised how well my machine did in FSO with all the planes. Even at launch I maintained a 50+ frame rate.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 01:50:46 PM »
Well lets see, there are several other games that have better graphics with VR and yet 3 of the squad that could not play last night all have a good time playing those games. The down side to one of these games is it's not airplanes and the down side to the one that is aircraft, the flight models suck.The drawing point for the squad to AH is the open sandbox instead of single battle games that the other games play. So yes it can be done.

"Requirements of the game"? Really, Q? We all have known requirements would increase for a couple of years now. What more do you think HTC could do? Time to move on from that one, I think.