Author Topic: Clip Board Hide Message Function No Longer Works.  (Read 528 times)

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
Clip Board Hide Message Function No Longer Works.
« on: September 19, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »
Re:  Clip Board under Controllers, "Hide Message" box no longer works.  It's supposed to suppress these annoying pop-ups, it worked for a while but now clicking the "Hide Message Box" seems to have no effect.  We didn't need these pop-ups in AHII, so why we need them here?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Clip Board Hide Message Function No Longer Works.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:47:02 AM »
Which pop-ups are you referring to, specifically?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 01:29:58 AM »
Skuzzy:  I'm referring the the message window that pops-up to tell us that we can use our mouse pointer to move the clip board around.  This message (a little square window) doesn't confine itself to just the clipboard, it seems to pop up where ever the mouse pointer was last, which can be anywhere on the screen.  With all due respect, in ACII we didn't have this, we all knew that we could move the clipboard around by clicking and holding the mouse pointer; now I'm being reminded that we can do this 10-20 times in every mission thanks to this pop-up.  The hide message button seemed to fix this when it was first added, now it appears to be back to the way it was.  Anything you can do would be appreciated.  PS, I leave my clipboard up most of the time so I can monitor my radar.     

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »
Skuzzy:  I'm referring the the message window that pops-up to tell us that we can use our mouse pointer to move the clip board around.  This message (a little square window) doesn't confine itself to just the clipboard, it seems to pop up where ever the mouse pointer was last, which can be anywhere on the screen.  With all due respect, in ACII we didn't have this, we all knew that we could move the clipboard around by clicking and holding the mouse pointer; now I'm being reminded that we can do this 10-20 times in every mission thanks to this pop-up.  The hide message button seemed to fix this when it was first added, now it appears to be back to the way it was.  Anything you can do would be appreciated.  PS, I leave my clipboard up most of the time so I can monitor my radar.   

Please provide as detailed as you can a step by step description on how to reproduce what you are seeing. I think I know what you are describing but I can not reproduce it.

Also screen shot if needed.

HiTech

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 09:51:42 AM »
I can only reproduce this by leaving my mouse on the clipboard. After some time, the message will appear. If I take the mouse off the clipboard and then leave it, the message does not appear.

Edit: It seems the E6B needs to be up as well. Cant get the message to popup without the E6B up.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:07:53 AM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
I assume you are simply saying that you do not wish the help tips if the mouse cursor is hidden?

HiTech

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
HiTech:  Yes,  I do not wish the help tips if the mouse cursor is hidden?  I didn't notice this happening yesterday, however, I will post a screen shot next time I see it.  Thank you for the attention that you've given to this matter.  PS; I don't use EB6 very much and am not aware of any association of this problem with it.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »
Hitech,

I have noticed that if I leave the mouse cursor at the spot that brings up the cursor tip box and close the clipboard, that that cursor tip box will stay up until I bring up clipboard again and move the cursor off the clipboard before closing the clipboard again.  Once I do that, the tip box will vanish.

1i
"One-Eye"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 01:08:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's what I am seeing, too.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »
I just went in online and was not able to reproduce the tip box staying up after closing clipboard.  I have seen that happen in the past though.

1i
"One-Eye"

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 02:14:11 PM »
Skuzzy/HiTech:  I Just flew a long bomber mission and the problem didn't recur even once, even when I left the mouse pointer on the edge of the clip board (i.e., the wood part), this message didn't ever pop-up.  I now looks pretty much like what we had in AHII; if I see any recurrence I'll post a screen shot to this post.  Thanks again for looking into this.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »
I think the issue happens when you open the clipboard and the hidden mouse brushes across it as it expands to full size. I know I get those help boxes now and then and always thought that was what was happening.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 06:16:38 PM »
Skuzzy/HiTech:  Apparently it's still happening.  I've attached two screen shots; one shows the message blocking the view of my clipboard; the other shows the message appearing in a random location on my screen.  It seems to be an intermittent problem, which of course are the worst kind to trouble shoot.  Some times this happens consistently and other times it rarely occurs. I suppose I can live with it, it's just that it seems happen when I'm right in the middle of something; for instance I have to take hand off of the trigger in order to clear the screen by clicking on the clipboard, or I'm about to press the Bomb's Away button and this message shows up in the middle of my cross-hairs.  Hope this helps.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 06:17:58 PM »
I may have done the attachment wrong.  Will try to resend.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't able to do this.  Something I need to work on, sorry
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:32:04 PM by BFX88 »