Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41318 times)

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
Yeah, well, you know... If you fly a Spit, zeke, or 109F and turn, you're in an easy mode plane. If you fly a 51, D9, or 109K4 and climb you're in an easy mode plane... If you fly a 38 or 47 and grab, you're in an easy mode plane... If you are taxiing in a Corsair, easy mode...  Crazy how most of the planeset can be easy mode.

If you fly the 410 and die alot, you are in an easy mode plane!   :old:

:D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2016, 07:21:22 AM »
I do not really care to waste much time talking about anyone who has to fly a spit alot.
Or trainers with backup engines.  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
What a load of rubbish, Starfox and 2cmex HO actively all the time (well maybe not when they see a Yak 9T coming),  and they are quite happy to gang as well (in fact there is one pony pilot usually in that bunch who will hang back until it is 2:1 minimum and won't even engage, even if he has advantage). So yeah ummmm... so a HO kill on them is just as good as they give, likewise a gangbang. Starfox likes to milk overshoots. His real skill appears to be in aiming, he rarely misses. He also sticks mostly to late late war (usually a Dora or 152), like sawzaw.

2cmex is a good stick, and you see him in a range of aircraft. But he happily HOs.

I just HO them back, sometimes with a bigger gun  :devil
Like Vudak said...Trust me I give ANYONE crap about HO's, ganging, picking ect ect...If Hitech HOed me I'd start going off on 200...but what I was getting at is there is a difference between out flying your opponent and killing them...a lot will disagree with that comment but it's a matter of opinion...if I get HOed I wasn't out flown...I got jousted and I didn't know we were playing Maryland state sport. :aok

Yeah, well, you know... If you fly a Spit, zeke, or 109F and turn, you're in an easy mode plane. If you fly a 51, D9, or 109K4 and climb you're in an easy mode plane... If you fly a 38 or 47 and grab, you're in an easy mode plane... If you are taxiing in a Corsair, easy mode...  Crazy how most of the planeset can be easy mode.
It's all in how you fly it...but I will say that some aircraft can be flown easy mode easier then others because of certain characteristics. High Dive speed, Good Guns ect ect
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
Like Vudak said...Trust me I give ANYONE crap about HO's, ganging, picking ect ect...If Hitech HOed me I'd start going off on 200...but what I was getting at is there is a difference between out flying your opponent and killing them...a lot will disagree with that comment but it's a matter of opinion...if I get HOed I wasn't out flown...I got jousted and I didn't know we were playing Maryland state sport. :aok
It's all in how you fly it...but I will say that some aircraft can be flown easy mode easier then others because of certain characteristics. High Dive speed, Good Guns ect ect

Everything is fair game outside a dueling arena.  You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for your virtual life.  Everything else is whining.  Get over it and get in a new plane.  They are free.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »
Everything is fair game outside a dueling arena.  You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for your virtual life.  Everything else is whining.  Get over it and get in a new plane.  They are free.
No dispute, but in my book, I care very much about what you can do when you are disadvantaged and very little about how well you can minimize the frequency of those situations.

I think this is what junky means regarding the difference between being out flown and simply killed. I can kill any of the top sticks in the game. I can't out fly them.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »

Unless a special agreement such as dueling exists.

I'll head on every time it is to my advantage to do so.

HiTech

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2016, 12:07:57 PM »
Unless a special agreement such as dueling exists.

I'll head on every time it is to my advantage to do so.

HiTech
Since coming back I've found that not restricting yourself with a set of extra rules makes the game much more enjoyable and your expectations much more reasonable.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2016, 12:40:47 PM »
Since coming back I've found that not restricting yourself with a set of extra rules makes the game much more enjoyable and your expectations much more reasonable.

I know it makes me a lot calmer.  I have the list of things I won't do, mostly because I don't find them fun, but I expect everyone that's red to do everything in their power to kill me.  If there are 5 red guys in position to attack me, I'm expecting 5 red guys to attack me.  I'm not expecting them to each engage me in single combat.

It makes for a lot less disappointment.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »
I find that avoiding the HO gives you the advantage 9 x out of 10. If you both merge and pull and emmilman into the HO, that's a very risky situation. I often try to avoid it so I can gain a better position, but if you are going so slow that you cannot avoid, it's a 50/50 chance. Normally, if I see they have guns firing, If they are shooting, I'll shoot back. If not I know they are worthy, and will continue to fight on. A lot of times the HO can be avoided and you can create much better maneuvers from avoiding it, but most people don't know that much about air combat in AH to dance around it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:58:11 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2016, 12:57:24 PM »
Between that and not worrying about what everyone else is doing. It's quite enjoyable.  :D

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
Have you seen my score...I don't care about a death...probably half of them this tour was while I was trying to get off the runway...other half shortly after that. It doesn't matter if I die or club a baby seal who was HOing, I'll tell them they shouldn't HO all the same. This video comes to mind whenever the discussion of HO comes up

I don't HO because I think it leaves the game up to one aspect...shooting...that's it nothing more. If I want to play a shooter game I'll play CSGO.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2016, 01:48:58 PM »
The head on shot doesn't just test shooting, it also tests ducking.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »

:rofl  :aok

And... that about sums it up.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:34 PM »
Have you seen my score...I don't care about a death...probably half of them this tour was while I was trying to get off the runway...other half shortly after that. It doesn't matter if I die or club a baby seal who was HOing, I'll tell them they shouldn't HO all the same. This video comes to mind whenever the discussion of HO comes up

I don't HO because I think it leaves the game up to one aspect...shooting...that's it nothing more. If I want to play a shooter game I'll play CSGO.

You choose not to take certain shots.  That's completely up to you and more power to you.  Just don't expect the same from others in a combat arena or server.  The same goes for 'ganging'.   Mutual support of a fellow countryman should be expected from the opposition.

Or climbing over and gaining positional advantage.   But yes, you are correct.   :aok
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:38:34 PM by Invictus84 »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2016, 10:10:26 PM »
Or trainers with backup engines.  :D

LOL That is what we called spits in H2H. We put new folks in them to get some confidence as that plane is so forgiving when you make a mistake.

So funny you should say that..... or do you remember?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)