Author Topic: Seeing game freezes tied to voice activation  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Seeing game freezes tied to voice activation
« on: October 01, 2016, 11:30:29 AM »
Ingame and TS...  causes micro freezes upon keying the mic and upon release.

Dx11  version.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Seeing game freezes tied to voice activation
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
Where is your DXdiag? I know you have probably already posted one . . .
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 06:03:10 AM »
We really cannot do anything about Team Speak causing stutters.

Keying the mic causes a lot of things to happen, in the game.  There are two basic reasons a stutter will happen, related to microphone usage.

1)  The game has to establish a network connection for the voice transmission.  We use UDP for this, so it is as low as we can get for latency.  If Windows takes time to get that connection established it could cause a stutter as that is related to handling an interrupt, which cause all CPU operations to stop, not just the game.

2)  Resource usage.  If Windows is getting bogged down allocating resources, then a stutter can occur in the game.  NOTE:  Resource allocation can be problematic, even on a system with more than enough hardware resources.  It will depend on the software running in the back ground.  Any anti-xxxx software can cause resource allocation issues, as an example.

There very well may be something else going on, but we have not been able to duplicate this in any system we have in house.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:30:39 PM »
The stutters I've experienced aren't from using vox, I get the mini-freezes regardless if I'm using vox or not. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 06:31:24 AM »
The stutters I've experienced aren't from using vox, I get the mini-freezes regardless if I'm using vox or not.

With the DX11 or DX9 version?

We have been trying hard to reproduce stutters in house and have had zero success.  HiTech has been spending a lot of time playing the game in an effort to try and get it to happen.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »
With the DX11 or DX9 version?

We have been trying hard to reproduce stutters in house and have had zero success.  HiTech has been spending a lot of time playing the game in an effort to try and get it to happen.

DX11 version.  When I fly tonight I'll make sure to record my sorties to capture the stutters.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
You might want to use Fraps, or something else, as the film viewer uses the same graphics engine as the game.  If the stutters are engine related, the film viewer should show them, but if they are not related to the graphic engine, then may disappear in the film viewer.

If your system has enough resource overhead, try recording the film and using Fraps (or whatever you like) at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:07:01 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:47:21 PM »
I finally managed to get a recording of a couple of stutters.  Would have gotten it earlier but I kept on forgetting to turn off SweetFX to make sure that wasn't the cause (it wasn't).  Two stutters are recorded, one comes after someone within range of me talks on range channel and the other one occurs while no one (me or anyone within range vox) using vox.  Do you want me to email you the film or upload it to YouTube and post the link?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »
Skuzzy, have you looked into the System buffer? It may be coincidence, but it seems that the stutters do coincide with system, or other text buffer messages.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »
Ack-Ack, is it an AHF format or just a screen capture?  Or do you have both?

Prefer to get it locally, if possible.

There really is nothing to look at Chalenge.  Until we find a way to duplicate this or get films of it happening there is nothing we can do.   HiTech and Waffle have been trying hard to reproduce this by playing the game for hours and hours and have yet to have it happen to either of them.

Seems they were at for about 6 hours yesterday and still trying today.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
Noticed some freezes today. Voice didn't seem to affect, but one lengthy freeze occurred just after the "Your field is under attack!" warning. Coincidental, maybe.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
I get a pretty good freeze with some in game sounds, particularly the explosion when a plane blows up.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
If the stutters are engine related, the film viewer should show them, but if they are not related to the graphic engine, then may disappear in the film viewer.

I record with Shadowplay and recorded a pause a couple days ago.  There was traffic on range a few seconds before the pause but nothing right at the moment.  I was following a friendly making a kill.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 03:28:15 PM »
I posted a video showing stutter with the AHF as well...time pointers to both.

So here is the weird thing....its not all the time.  It seems it just starts....and then will stop. Or I'll cycle TS...or I'll go to the button and program it back to none (which it is already programmed for)...one of those two will cure it everytime.

In all the years of using TS, never had any issues with it causing games to "stutter"....  the fact that I get the same thing from ingame voice as well....points to sound related vs just TS related.

Skuzzy did you see my post which has both video and ahf files in it? 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381806.30.html  Last post on that page.

Also seeing BIG pauses in game again as well. 

Dobs
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »
Restarting either the game or the computer fixes mine. Im convinced, at least for me, its connection related and not the game.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"