Author Topic: Which file(s)/folder controls saved seat view positions in planes?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
I've noticed that in VR/Rift that if I had saved a seat position in various planes from before using trackIR/monitor, especially the front view, having my seat jacked up as I have a monitor which puts a gunsite of its own up, that when those files came over for all the planes I have changed, VR/Rift makes those views impossible to change, and I can't see the gunsite and other issues while in VR due to them not being standard position.  I could go through manually and change every one back to stock, but I'd rather do a mass reset if that's possible by just deleting the files - if that works.  Anyone know?

edit - to be clearer, I guess all I want to do is set all my seat position views for every plane back to default.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:46:07 PM by Gman »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Which file(s)/folder controls saved seat view positions in planes?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »
The files are the .hps files in the settings/planes folder.  To reset the front view to default just take the headset off, press Home and F10.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »
Every time I hit F10 in VR it really screws the view system up, it like locks it up inside the lower part of the cockpit and I have to leave the game to fix it.  I'll delete the hps files and see what happens (i'll back them up first).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:17:24 PM by Gman »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »
All you should need to do is take the headset off, press Home to get the default view, then F10 to save it, then put the headset back on.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
Ya, doesn't work, tried that before posting. LIke I said, anytime I hit F10 at all in the Rift, it plunks me down near the floor in the cockpit, and then the view is locked, and the entire plane moves with my field of view.  Try it yourself, hit F10 a half dozen times and see if it does if on your system, I'd like to know if it's just mine or not.  I'll post a video of what's going on later with that maybe.

Anyhow, mass reset of all the planes (nearly all of them) I had custom seat positions set is done, now I can see out of them all again in VR.  See, it wasn't just as simple as hitting "home" in the front view, and then saving with F10 (which doesn't work for me right now), I needed to change every single view, as I have changed them, all 8 directions, plus another 8 for "up view" and another 8 for "down view" for every single plane, which was 24 non standard seat positions per aircraft in some cases.  Custom view set in regular monitor flying = out of position badly in VR a lot of the time, front especially, but others too.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 06:46:44 PM »
I don't have patch 4 yet. Maybe there's a bug if Home doesn't reset the viewpoint.

F10 should only change your head position if you have the headset on.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:59:56 PM by FLS »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 10:44:29 PM »
Ok I do have patch 4. Mine works as I described. It sounds like you're pressing Home with the headset on but you said you tried with it off.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 08:30:32 AM »
Ya, doesn't work, tried that before posting. LIke I said, anytime I hit F10 at all in the Rift, it plunks me down near the floor in the cockpit, and then the view is locked, and the entire plane moves with my field of view.  Try it yourself, hit F10 a half dozen times and see if it does if on your system, I'd like to know if it's just mine or not.  I'll post a video of what's going on later with that maybe.

Anyhow, mass reset of all the planes (nearly all of them) I had custom seat positions set is done, now I can see out of them all again in VR.  See, it wasn't just as simple as hitting "home" in the front view, and then saving with F10 (which doesn't work for me right now), I needed to change every single view, as I have changed them, all 8 directions, plus another 8 for "up view" and another 8 for "down view" for every single plane, which was 24 non standard seat positions per aircraft in some cases.  Custom view set in regular monitor flying = out of position badly in VR a lot of the time, front especially, but others too.

GMan when you take you head set off I.E. REMOVE and look at the screen, does the cursor change to a normal mouse cursor? It is supposed to if the sensor in your head set is working.

If so home and f10 should set the position to center.

Also you should be able to move your head to what you want the VIEW of home position to be and then press f10.
Note the view will jump but if you now move your to where you want your head center to be (Not what you see) and press ctrl F4, you should now see your home VIEW position at the VR center position.

HiTech
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:34:08 AM by hitech »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 12:00:15 PM »
When you say take the headset off, don't you also mean, turn off the headset?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 12:27:33 PM »
When you say take the headset off, don't you also mean, turn off the headset?

Either should work as long as pressing the Home key and F10 puts you back in the default position. The point is to give view control back to the keyboard.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 12:39:43 PM »

Either should work as long as pressing the Home key and F10 puts you back in the default position. The point is to give view control back to the keyboard.

and I believe to do that you need to shut off the headset.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 01:17:57 PM »
and I believe to do that you need to shut off the headset.

You can also move the headset so the camera doesn't see it or block the camera. Either way works, as long as the keypad has view control the Home key will reset the selected view to default.