Author Topic: When I logged in today...  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
When I logged in today...
« on: October 07, 2016, 05:13:51 AM »
... I found 10 Bishops, 16 Knights and 1 Rook in the arena.

Can the Rooks now apply for "endangered species" status at the IUCN?   :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
Re: When I logged in today...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:35:39 AM »
We need more Euro-time players.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 07:06:48 AM »
You should have waited a few minutes................  there would have been 17 Knights on.  I had to chuckle when eny tossed my D25 Jug.  ENY was 29 .... pretty much just LW planes to fly.  I took the Razorback instead.  :P

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 07:29:41 AM »
Just about everyday as prime begins, the Rooks are being slammed by knits and bish.  Not much fun at times when you get vulched  before you get wheels up.  Most often too, the strats have been hammered from the knit bish unhampered raids.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:17:13 AM »
I dont know where all the Rooks have gone but its definitely affecting the game. I think a lot are bailing due to disorganization and becoming Bish. Is there even any Rooks squads anymore?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:47:54 AM »
Rooks have been consistently outnumbered almost ever day I have logged in since my return. It is really hampering my low number country hopping...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:34 AM »
I dont know where all the Rooks have gone but its definitely affecting the game. I think a lot are bailing due to disorganization and becoming Bish. Is there even any Rooks squads anymore?

Even bish have a hard time getting organised, the days of this being a exciting multi-player game with a ongoing war are slim to none.  Really lacks life.   Need more people for missions.   I just loaded age of empires 3 and sim city 4 on my computer.  After 9 years I'm back where I started, only no awesome ww2 fighter game to play.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 09:18:03 AM »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
Even bish have a hard time getting organised, the days of this being a exciting multi-player game with a ongoing war are slim to none.  Really lacks life. 

I vividly remember the following filling up the comm channels all the time:

"Mission up!"
"Anyone need a gunner?"
"ALERT NOE A25" (<- like every 10 minutes  :rofl)
"XYZ wants you to join their squad. Join yes no?"
"LTARS at V2"
"Any squad recruiting?"
"I NEED GUNNER NOW"
"Fighter sweep posted"
"I SEE SUM NAZIS" - <enthusiastic squeaker voice on range bursting your eardrums>

About six weeks ago subscribed again for the launch of AH3. About 170 game hours I only have seen a mission posted once (of course it failed with only 9 players on my country), and none of the rest at all.

Even when considering the player numbers, AH life seems to have become stale and kinda 'on autopilot'. Especially when you look at the squads, which IMHO had been the very foundation of this game. Squads taught the new players the ropes, squads where driving the gameplay. Back in the day only a very few players were not part of a squad. Now we have an astonishing amount of squadless players, and about no one seems to be looking for new players.
When I came back under a new name I was at no point trying to pose as a "new guy", but still I was expecting a few invitations before word got around who I actually was - particularly after landing some good kill tallies. Years ago I absolutely HAD to form my solo squad just to prevent the constant squad invites popups.
Did not get a single one this time.

Sometimes I think this is a retirement home. We being just a few old geezers with little enthusiasm and lot of memories of the 'good old times'. And the few young folks occasionally dropping by for a visit, looking to get the hell outta here as soon as possible.  :old: 

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline aaronr

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »
When I first started playing I thought $15 per mo was a steal. Now not so much I just got back and am super rusty I remember that we had an option to use an outside view I used it a lot at the beginning and then transitioned into the cockpit after learning about SA while using outside view. Since this is no longer a option I have a feeling younger newer to cockpit flying folks just find it too restricting right from the start and disappear before their two weeks if even close to being used. I've got three friends who all expressed the same when I guided them here. There are a lot of things keeping new players away that can be controlled.

I can only imagine the Issues that will come between those who and those who have not. By that I mean how are folks without VR going to be competitive with folks who have Vastly Superior  SA?
Sure folks will find ways to be more competitive but it's undeniable that folks with VR will or should have a great advantage, for them it's basically a different game.

I guess it mimics real life money and resources win wars, those with custom  cockpits and multi monitors have also enjoyed an advantage so I guess I'm rambling but so much effort is made to keep in game somewhat even there is no control of the external factors so the game will never reflect the greatest skill but rather a combination of skill and money.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:54:55 AM by aaronr »
MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Win 7 Ult X64,  CPU:  i5 6600K @ 4.7  X 47 mult 1.25v core.
Enermax liquid cooling GFX: EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4 GB
PWR: Corsair RM750i RAM: DDR4 Patriot 2800 8GB X 2
Prime 95 12 hrs max temp 66c

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 10:05:23 AM »

Even when considering the player numbers, AH life seems to have become stale and kinda 'on autopilot'. Especially when you look at the squads, which IMHO had been the very foundation of this game. Squads taught the new players the ropes, squads where driving the gameplay. Back in the day only a very few players were not part of a squad. Now we have an astonishing amount of squadless players, and about no one seems to be looking for new players.
When I came back under a new name I was at no point trying to pose as a "new guy", but still I was expecting a few invitations before word got around who I actually was - particularly after landing some good kill tallies. Years ago I absolutely HAD to form my solo squad just to prevent the constant squad invites popups.
Did not get a single one this time.

Sometimes I think this is a retirement home. We being just a few old geezers with little enthusiasm and lot of memories of the 'good old times'. And the few young folks occasionally dropping by for a visit, looking to get the hell outta here as soon as possible.  :old: 

I ask people all the time if they want to join our squad....you are 100% right about squads are the driving force of the game...you are also right about the shade thing...I believe that 80% or more of the new names I see are actually old vets coming back...not interested in joining a squad

I think the AH3 is awesome...and as Silent said yesterday to me "in this game you actually have to shoot" 

My new computer will be ready by Frame 2 of FSO next Friday... :rock....but I have been having no problems playing with my FR 20 to 40 normally hanging right at 28FPS...the needing a super computer to play AH3 excuse doesn't work...

Now a short lesson on how to find a fight with low numbers and a high ENY...
     1. Find an enemy base that is within a sector of a friendly base.
     2. Select 190F8 with large bomb and 12 rockets from hanger.
     3. Takeoff and climb at 2000 FPM WEP on until 5 or 6K.
     4. Drop bomb on town and use rockets to deack.
     5. If no one has upped by now, bail and come back.
     6. By now there is a GV waiting for you...bomb him or shoot at him with rockets if its a tank(don't screw around with wirbs...bomb them)
     7. If the wirb has killed you, come back...you are fighting someone at least...bomb or rocket the crap outta him.
     8. If you are tired of the wirb...get a TU2 with the 2 x 1 ton bombs and the 4 500s...drop the VH with the big bombs and hit town again...
     9. With the VH down now...the manned gun heros are watching you...they will now up a fighter to kill your TU...but they don't realize the capability of the TU as a fighter...
     10. With these steps...you can find a fight at ANY TIME WITH ANY AMOUNT OF PLAYERS ON!!!!!  This tactic only takes about 30 min to work...by the time you get the town deacked there is usually a fighter or gv ready to throw down...

You can use your imagination and come up with any fighter/attack - bomber combo to do this with....

I was on the other day...there were 22 people in flight...I picked a base started running F8s and TUs and ended up with a furball, first me against like 4 nits, then friendly's saw it and started coming...it turned into a fight that lasted probably 4 hours
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »
There seriously needs to be a map change at 12am-12PM est time, that is smaller and more condensed during the off hours. This would allow action to he more condensed and for players to have an easier chance to find combat.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 11:11:07 AM »
There seriously needs to be a map change at 12am-12PM est time, that is smaller and more condensed during the off hours. This would allow action to he more condensed and for players to have an easier chance to find combat.

Good Call..... or script fields to be closed to accomplish the same...
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline aaronr

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »
Good Call..... or script fields to be closed to accomplish the same...
+2 I agree.
MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Win 7 Ult X64,  CPU:  i5 6600K @ 4.7  X 47 mult 1.25v core.
Enermax liquid cooling GFX: EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4 GB
PWR: Corsair RM750i RAM: DDR4 Patriot 2800 8GB X 2
Prime 95 12 hrs max temp 66c

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »
Change sides.  Bish fly with high eny.  Not anyone's fault that rooks aren't on.  You can go knit, rook or bish.  Fly together if you are rook.

Suck it up Sally. Some people play when they can. Not anyone's fault.  Seems since the game has started Bishops seem to be predominantly Eastern time.  Nothing has changed.

Rooks may be predominantly PAC time.  Explains why when I generally log in bases taken yesterday by Bish are now Rook or Knit.  After 11PM EST Bish are usually lowest numbered side.

The Bish complain about high eny.  The rest complain about numbers.  That is the way it was, is now and probably will be.
- The Flying Circus -