Author Topic: When I logged in today...  (Read 3738 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: When I logged in today...
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
As long as you can swap back to your "home" country before the Loyalist are on! I hate hearing non stop accusations of Spying and Cheating. That does alot to hinder any desire to swap countries. Just saying, it can ruin any fun pretty quick.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
As long as you can swap back to your "home" country before the Loyalist are on! I hate hearing non stop accusations of Spying and Cheating. That does alot to hinder any desire to swap countries. Just saying, it can ruin any fun pretty quick.

From my recent experience, I have yet to experience much grief for switching countries. Then again I am not to terribly concerned with winning the war.

Chuikov

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 07:30:23 PM »
I'd say you don't need to make a single player have more effect on base capture as much as you "need" jobs for single players to do that give the illusion of accomplishing something. I always thought that was why HQ got zapped so often, not malice as much as being the biggest target for an individual that had any consequence. Beating the crap out of an airfield with a tank feels good, so something like that. (maybe killing trains having some kind of easy to observe effect?)
Pies not kicks.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 06:44:17 AM »
I hate to say this but the Rooks are slowly turning into a knit like country.  Sad but true.  We had A1 ready for capture but could not get anyone to bring troops.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
I hate to say this but the Rooks are slowly turning into a knit like country.  Sad but true.  We had A1 ready for capture but could not get anyone to bring troops.

I tried about 4 times Randy and so did others. These stalemates happen more often then not and always did, and always will. We faced a determined enemy and just had a big slugfest. I flew fighter support, flew bombers to keep hangers/town, and most of all spawn hangar at next base down, ran supps, did everything but mop the floor. The defense was very good and they resupplied every chance they got.

A1 was no failure. It was a big gun fight like we used to have and no matter what you were doing you were going to fight. AND it lasted for hours. Yeah it would have been nice to grab, and we came close, but It was old time fun. No failures at A1 last night.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 01:17:52 PM »
I ask people all the time if they want to join our squad....you are 100% right about squads are the driving force of the game...you are also right about the shade thing...I believe that 80% or more of the new names I see are actually old vets coming back...not interested in joining a squad

I think the AH3 is awesome...and as Silent said yesterday to me "in this game you actually have to shoot" 

My new computer will be ready by Frame 2 of FSO next Friday... :rock....but I have been having no problems playing with my FR 20 to 40 normally hanging right at 28FPS...the needing a super computer to play AH3 excuse doesn't work...

Now a short lesson on how to find a fight with low numbers and a high ENY...
     1. Find an enemy base that is within a sector of a friendly base.
     2. Select 190F8 with large bomb and 12 rockets from hanger.
     3. Takeoff and climb at 2000 FPM WEP on until 5 or 6K.
     4. Drop bomb on town and use rockets to deack.
     5. If no one has upped by now, bail and come back.
     6. By now there is a GV waiting for you...bomb him or shoot at him with rockets if its a tank(don't screw around with wirbs...bomb them)
     7. If the wirb has killed you, come back...you are fighting someone at least...bomb or rocket the crap outta him.
     8. If you are tired of the wirb...get a TU2 with the 2 x 1 ton bombs and the 4 500s...drop the VH with the big bombs and hit town again...
     9. With the VH down now...the manned gun heros are watching you...they will now up a fighter to kill your TU...but they don't realize the capability of the TU as a fighter...
     10. With these steps...you can find a fight at ANY TIME WITH ANY AMOUNT OF PLAYERS ON!!!!!  This tactic only takes about 30 min to work...by the time you get the town deacked there is usually a fighter or gv ready to throw down...

You can use your imagination and come up with any fighter/attack - bomber combo to do this with....

I was on the other day...there were 22 people in flight...I picked a base started running F8s and TUs and ended up with a furball, first me against like 4 nits, then friendly's saw it and started coming...it turned into a fight that lasted probably 4 hours
Only problem with this is you pretty much admitted you bomb and bail...I personally when doing attack runs(190F8 is probably my favortie plane in game) like to RTB...a lot of times ack gets me or what not but when I can I like to RTB for immersion into the game. When hitting a base I will knock out troops at adjacent fields, but by the time I have done that, RTBed, Flew over to drop town, its already coming back up. Some would say that you should attack the M3s but most know how easy it is to kill 12 M3s in 1 sortie with PB1 rockets from and F8....thats not a fight. And here is where we have disagrrement, I dont think that you can always find a fight in AH...because certain game mechanics allow people more interested in keeping fields then fighting over them to avoid combat with others....Man guns, M3 town resupply ect ect
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »
LOLz Oboe   :rofl

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »
If Falcon23 were here, he'd get some missions running and get this going again!

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 01:47:58 AM »
Rooks qualify for a Jerry Lewis style Telethon.  Rooks = Jerry's kids.
callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 06:02:03 AM »
In the F8 you can kill acks at 10k+ alt agl with rockets. 2 SAP bombs and VH should be toast. Do not bring more fuel than you need to loiter max 5-8 minutes over target.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 07:35:17 AM »
I believe you are wrong there.

I believe you are right, believing he is wrong

Oboe,
That Raven holding the knight chess piece is awesome......  :aok 
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 07:44:39 AM »
I believe you are right, believing he is wrong

Oboe,
That Raven holding the knight chess piece is awesome......  :aok

It is cool - but I can't take credit for any of those images - all found through searches.  The Raven ("Rook" in English terms, I understand) grabbing the Knight is some gang-related graphic a real artist did for Assassin's Creed, IIRC.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 09:37:39 AM »
I dont know where all the Rooks have gone but its definitely affecting the game. I think a lot are bailing due to disorganization and becoming Bish. Is there even any Rooks squads anymore?

No self-respecting Rook would jump to the Bish side. :devil

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 08:07:32 AM »
European lives matter.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 08:33:12 AM »
No self-respecting Rook would jump to the Bish side. :devil

Well I havnt yet but my self respect continues to drop. :O The Rooks were once a Force and now were like the Italian army.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"