Author Topic: Attack label when rolling light  (Read 15720 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Attack label when rolling light
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2016, 07:13:13 AM »
You can kill rocky without much trouble IF you can get the gear up and have turning speed.  It seems to get his goat, if he misses on the first pass.  When he does miss, he makes harder turns slowing the 51 down enough you can roll around and get a snap shot or another player can get him.

We all get a good laugh when he shows up.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2016, 07:35:39 AM »
On a separate but allied subject ..... I never agreed with idea of earning fighter perks by bombing stuff....  If there are separate categories of perkage then there should be  an attack perk category to match the attack score category.

Re score .... ( and a future attack perk) I agree with the OP..... Choose bombs and you are given a ground attack profile for scoring etc automatically.

Then we see above the usual descent into an argument over score validity. Etc etc etc

I would note that whilst perkage takes into account Eny disparity..... Score does not..... Which IMO is a pity.
Ludere Vincere

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:45 AM »
Like I said it was on Mindanao, and no a P-51 (Skat's an my own favorite) doesn't climb very fast. It's been too many years now to remember precisely, but from memory we were trying to egress and I had members of my own squad that kept going in low to an area that was covered by the ingress from an enemy field. The details of that sortie are not as important as what you said about taking kills out of the formula if you repeatedly killed someone. That's just not right.

As to your not 'furballing' statement, it doesn't matter. You are trying to favor your own style above that of other players. HiTech simply will not change things on that basis. He has said so many, many times already.
I want you to specifically say how it is I'm trying to favor my own style of play....do you even know how I play???

As for that sortie, you brought it up as an example why my idea wouldn't work....No more then 3 consecutive kills of the same person within a set period of time....that means you would have had to keep killing Skatsr over and over WITHOUT killing anyone else and WITHIN a certain amount of time....so what I was getting at is it isn't a good example for why it shouldn't be in placed. I've already thought of situations where it can be still skewed but it doesn't hurt the person's score at all....it works the opposite way of what you're worried about (gaining kills toward rank instead of losing them).

Like shida said....we wouldn't have "scorepotato" as a phrase in Aces High if there wasn't a portion of the community that goes after it...my suggestion, as of now has not received a good enough counter argument IMO, to say this couldn't make the fighter category better and more competitive for the more efficient killers in game.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2016, 10:00:15 AM »
A person with 5 sortie 10+ K/D 10 K/H High accuracy will have a better score then a guy who has 200 sortie 5 K/D 9 K/H....and I bet in one of the 5 sorties they killed the same person 5+ times in a consecutive order...example in the fighter score right now...Blade. (not a hack or a discredit to him but he killed the same person over and over)

This is not true. You seem to be forgetting what effect the point category has.

HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2016, 12:13:47 PM »
This is not true. You seem to be forgetting what effect the point category has.

HiTech
I know the person with 200 sorties will have a better kill points score but that's one of the categories....only need 5 sorties to rank high in 3 of them. Can the person who picks only the most advantageous fights to up in fighter mode do that for 200 sorties in one month and still still maintain an exceedingly high K/D, K/T, and accuracy like that??? I havent seen any in my tenure here...yes there's some that can keep K/T or K/D up in that but in order to keep it that high they need to sacrifice another...example Starfox's K/T and Kill points are high but his K/D isn't 12 like others on the top 10...because in order for him to keep up those kills in that time he has to fly more aggresively(hes got a lot of time in game so his Kill points are also higher then most)
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »
I know the person with 200 sorties will have a better kill points score but that's one of the categories....only need 5 sorties to rank high in 3 of them. Can the person who picks only the most advantageous fights to up in fighter mode do that for 200 sorties in one month and still still maintain an exceedingly high K/D, K/T, and accuracy like that??? I havent seen any in my tenure here...yes there's some that can keep K/T or K/D up in that but in order to keep it that high they need to sacrifice another...example Starfox's K/T and Kill points are high but his K/D isn't 12 like others on the top 10...because in order for him to keep up those kills in that time he has to fly more aggresively(hes got a lot of time in game so his Kill points are also higher then most)

Incorrect again. You'r ignoring how BADLY your example player would rank in the points  category. There is no way you can be toward the top of ranking if you completely ignore one catagory.

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2016, 01:44:04 PM »
I want you to specifically say how it is I'm trying to favor my own style of play....do you even know how I play???

Yes, I've killed you enough. Your style is inconsequential, because your very premise in this thread is that the scoring method is wrong and you want to change things to 'correct' the fighter category. It's very obvious from your choice there that you think you can beat the top scorers, which you have yet to prove. You have said yourself that it is not about 'fighting,' so what is it then?

A while back I was interested in writing about Aces High and I examined how to score best in every category. Vulching does present the chance to get a better k/d, and if you come straight off the carrier in a situation in which you know first hand that the AAA is down and there is low risk that you have little chance of adding a death to the category. I can tell you that landing the kills doesn't really do much for your score. In fact, flying home takes additional time, so probably not the best thing to do unless you need that for k/d. The best target to shoot down are the larger more expensive bombers, because of the points category.  You get points by causing damage to the bombers, at least that was my conclusion.

You have concluded that five hours in the category is enough, and HiTech called you out on it and he's right (of course). What has you fooled for the moment is that the pilot you have focused upon has had little chance to find the type of fighting he likes to do in fighters. He could very easily be beat by someone flying the 200 hours and shooting down crowds of bombers. I know this to be true, because I have done it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2016, 01:50:34 PM »
That does not alter the observation that each activity is as equally valid as any other and the score system does not reflect that. Playing for score is effectively a sub-game of its own, if the comments of other posters is true. If a more sophisticated scoring system arrived, combining data in an intelligent way and adding a qualitative facet, that would not change the gameplay possibilities of the virtual environment.

I would say that the system we have now is already incorporating all of your dream facets and is in harmony because of the ENY system. If a pilot fights with a higher ENY his 'quality' will stand out. If you must have the best aircraft and only furball to achieve score, then you have failed to see the point.

You fellas really need to learn look into the deep ocean instead of the shallow end of the pool. You really do not know what you are talking about.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2016, 01:58:31 PM »
Incorrect again. You'r ignoring how BADLY your example player would rank in the points  category. There is no way you can be toward the top of ranking if you completely ignore one catagory.

HiTech

My example IS rank 1 in kill points right now, we talking about the same thing?

Fighter Scores
Score     Rank 
Kills per Death + 1   3.55   37
Kills per Sortie   2.21   17
Kills per Hour of Flight   11.88   10
Kills Hit Percentage   11.26   34
Kill Points   55801.01   1

Fighter Scores
Score     Rank 
Kills per Death + 1   24.00   2
Kills per Sortie   2.40   15
Kills per Hour of Flight   6.19   84
Kills Hit Percentage   12.06   30
Kill Points   19972.67   11

Kills per hour of flight vs Kills per death....these are PERFECT examples of what I was talking about...one player is obviously more conservative (notice kills per hour of flight) in their way to approach fighter mode and they take a hit in 2 categories in particular. The other is more aggressive so he takes a hit on K/D, another thing of note is that player doesn't often hunt bombers so his accuracy would be a lot higher but that player also has VERY good aim compared to the general population(maybe why you were calling him a bad example?).

Fighter Scores
Score     Rank 
Kills per Death + 1   28.00   1
Kills per Sortie   28.00   1
Kills per Hour of Flight   12.38   8
Kills Hit Percentage   26.45   2
Kill Points   11693.86   43

current rank 1....notice the 43 for kill points.(1 sortie...)

Now I know a lot would say this is a rare incident but there's plenty of examples I could take from a handful of pilots in the last 4 years that got top 50 doing a very similar style(Few sorties lots of kills in single sortie...lets call it a 'certain' sortie because they are very certain they will land a lot of kills)....and I'm willing to bet a lot of them were landing big sorties killing the same person either upping on a field or just off a field....which sparked my suggestion.

BTW I'm not saying ignore a particular category but letting off in kill points is definitely the one to do it in....maybe that ties to veteran(good pilots) not having too much time to play so theres less competition in that category....notice the difference between one and 11 and 43...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:04:26 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2016, 02:04:00 PM »
See rule #5
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:41:16 PM by hitech »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
For Chalenge

In many of the best pilot threads....this guy is considered the best KI84 stick in game and I'm in a CHog which I rarely fly...

Turn fighting a TA152 with a Hog....not many get this opportunity because they afraid of death....I'm not, because current score doesn't matter much to me in gmae because of the manipulation some have used to get top 50

Hey look fighting 2 cons from a position of disadvantage...probably doesn't happen much for you at 30K saving fuel...

Oh and look in the KOTH section....somehow I can win more rounds then most "great" players....it must be because I don't know how to fly....yea your right I'm bad. Chalenge

oh icing on the cake...I'm upped this Brew from the base that was being vulched....

If you actually want to discuss this score thing I'm going to discuss....but if you want to try to attack me Chalenge, I'd ask you to do it in game.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »
You're #1 to me Junky.  :aok

I hope that helps.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2016, 03:04:35 PM »
See rule #7
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:46:14 PM by hitech »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »
....but to blindly say No to a suggestion...like Chalenge and FLS have both done(not just here but in MANY threads of late) ...

Speaking of spewing lies, can you quote me "blindly saying no", in other words disagreeing with no reason? In many threads?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
Speaking of spewing lies, can you quote me "blindly saying no", in other words disagreeing with no reason? In many threads?
Worded poorly on my part but quick example off the top of my head is in Fess's post about flickering planes....there's obviously some sort of problem(don't know if it's on HTC's end or on a connection end) and you said it was a snap roll...posting films of snap rolls which didn't look anything like what the plane in game was doing.

Not spending any time searching the wishlist furom for countless threads all you did was "How does it effect you?" It doesn't matter contribute or move on
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:19:03 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"