Author Topic: Friendly Fire  (Read 4069 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Friendly Fire
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »
Problem is, if there is nothing, then the bumble bee trail on a con will just be worse...heck man you could have three or four cons all on top of each other making it look like one con... it is almost like that now at times....it is an annoyance the way it is now at times for sure...but the on the other side of things, it is probably more detrimental to game play if it wasn't like it is...nothing will be right... you can't help some types...
the funny thing about this feature is that it shows how off I am when aim I at cons...cause if a friendly is close I can nail said friendly with vigor but not lay a shot on the con  :rofl :lol

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »
So people should be able to spray at anything enemy with no thought to repercussions or what's around them.

I disagree.  You can't have it harm the shootee for the reasons listed above by Lusche, but IMO it's silly to be able to just hose down a friendly in the quest to get the kill on the bandit in front of him.  Shooting a friendly should be an undesirable act.

Wiley.

I guess I see your point.

You win this time  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 04:51:04 PM »
Having played a game (Air Warrior) that had a different system in place to deal with team killing, I prefer AH's method. 

In AH, you're only penalized once for shooting someone else on your side.  In AW the penalty could last for 24 hours and depending on how many you TK, the penalty (PNG - Persona Non Grata) could last up to a few weeks.  Now imagine not being able to fly a fighter for 24 hours or longer with AW's system.

Forgot how WB handled it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 05:14:28 PM »
It is extremely rare when I take hits for hitting a friendly. I see no issue with how it is currently. It makes those behind you much more careful when shooting over your shoulder.

It is also a good tool to thin out a batch of bad guys behind you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »
Please leave it.  It's more fun to kill shoot yourself than to bail when you need a new plane or want to get back to the hanger quickly. I don't care about score.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »
It is extremely rare when I take hits for hitting a friendly. I see no issue with how it is currently. It makes those behind you much more careful when shooting over your shoulder.

It is also a good tool to thin out a batch of bad guys behind you.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
a couple of weeks ago the pigs were in fso flying bomber in close formation.  when the fighters attacked i think we lost 1/2 our bombers to friendly fire.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 08:50:46 PM »
Leave it as is. Part of playing the.game is knowing when to pull the trigger and when not to.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
Both take damage....just my 2 cents...

15 second mark....watch someone fly between my and the bandit that I'm in the control zone on.  If I had the trigger down....I would have paid the price not the dude who flew between my guns and the bandit.

Last night I'm D400  closing fast behind a guy who is breaking uphill, I pull for the shot....shoot..and kill myself. Why? Because someone came in for a diving HO on the  bandit and the timing was perfect...I'm dead, bandit lives....and Mr. Oblivious flies on.  It wasn't like they were the engaged fighter first...they were 2nd into the fight. So lets make it so both guys take the damage and maybe people will be more careful of inserting themselves between a bandit and live guns.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »
As some have already said, I don't get enough killshots for it to matter to me and normally when I do get it, It's a dumb situation where I don't see the friendly near my target...so bad SA.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 12:38:21 AM »
if somebody cuts in front of you, gripe at them-after they are trying to steal your kill-don't blame it on the game mechanics
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 12:52:03 AM »
its fine the way it is, next topic

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
Oh lord, not again!

As stated by Hitech: It is the shooters responsibility to make sure it is clear to shoot!  (or something like this) I have not time to look it up.Its been said so many times before.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 03:17:58 PM »
Spent a lot of time in another couple of sims with kill shooter off.  There was only one guy that was a problem (way back in Mac Air Warrior) and he was dealt with quickly.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 12:57:09 PM »
Spent a lot of time in another couple of sims with kill shooter off.  There was only one guy that was a problem (way back in Mac Air Warrior) and he was dealt with quickly.

agree, it should be as in real live, friendly fire happens.  People that abuse it can be delt with.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes