Author Topic: Rudder Not Working when Attached to Gladiator Stick Port  (Read 695 times)

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
Rudder Not Working when Attached to Gladiator Stick Port
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:26:09 AM »
I Can not get my VKB rudder pedals to work with the Gladiator Stick. Ive tried both the Gladiator and Pro to no avail. Works fine using the Rudder 'Tiny Box' but when I hookup to the Gladiator it does nothing ' does not detect em'. The VKB Forum is no good for help. They say calibrate but when I tell them it cant calibrate because its not detected I get no reply. I would like to combine the stick with the pedals for DCS and IL2. Anyone got the pedals working? Other Problem is the Handle is horrible and even I get it working I'm still waiting on the Warthog adapter before I use it as my main rig. For now I'm using my X55. I couldn't take the Warthog Sticktion issues so its in the closet.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: Rudder Not Working when Attached to Gladiator Stick Port
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
I would love to help but I cant, dont have the pedals.. But I do have the gladiator joystick,I quite like it but I have a BIG problem..my trigger broke in the first week.. now I know its a big ask, but if you dont ask you dont get.. I need the metal trigger, keyring gift, as a replacement trigger..if anyone has one they do not want I would be so keen to get it..I`ll pay postage to NZ.. VKD wanted to charge me $30 and it`ll take ages.. just wondering if anyone does not want theirs and would sling it in the post for me..I do live in New Zealand.. its a long shot but pm me if anyone is keen on being amazing....fingers crossed.
sorry for Hijack.. I hope you get the pedals sorted out..
<S> Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 04:47:06 PM »
I Can not get my VKB rudder pedals to work with the Gladiator Stick. Ive tried both the Gladiator and Pro to no avail. Works fine using the Rudder 'Tiny Box' but when I hookup to the Gladiator it does nothing ' does not detect em'. The VKB Forum is no good for help. They say calibrate but when I tell them it cant calibrate because its not detected I get no reply. I would like to combine the stick with the pedals for DCS and IL2. Anyone got the pedals working? Other Problem is the Handle is horrible and even I get it working I'm still waiting on the Warthog adapter before I use it as my main rig. For now I'm using my X55. I couldn't take the Warthog Sticktion issues so its in the closet.

It sounds like it's a hardware issue, maybe with the port for the pedals on the Gladiator stick. 

Are you louviljlj over at the VKB-Sim forums?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
 I also bought the Regular Gladiator and the pedals don't work with it eighter. I thought it was the board or the port but unless I got two bads ones 'or three sent first one back it didn't work also' then It must be something else.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:18:32 PM »
I read on the forums that you have to unplug the Gladiator from the PC, connect the pedals to the Gladiator and then plug the Gladiator back into the PC for the pedals to be recognized.

Do you have the latest firmware for the T-Rudders IV?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 06:52:11 PM »
They sent me a Trigger when I bought the pedals for a keyring. I will look for it

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »
 :x  you would be a gent if you wanted to part with it..
I have done a ghetto fix..to tide me over..

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
At least when u squeeze the trigger too hard now you will get a splinter and next time you will remember the pain of having to pull that splinter and not squeeze so hard... :bolt:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 05:42:41 PM »
I will listen to that advice
A guy named puller must know  :rock