Author Topic: It's a Mistake  (Read 2868 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Re: It's a Mistake
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:32 AM »
I concur. I wanted to join in last night, started game 5 minutes before "flight open" time. Between update, map for melee - wondering why there isn't A66 for knights, figuring out i'm in wrong arena, finding right one, downloading the map......... flight was closed.

Until the day comes that we have more then 10 arenas populated - i think tab control confuses people and creates impresson that there are less people around...

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 03:13:23 AM »
The clarity of this, showing the numbers of each arena at a glance:

In my opinion tabs would be needed when the arenas don't fit on a single page which looks like 14 arenas. Even in such a case two tabs should suffice: The main tab for populated arenas, the other for inactive ones.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 03:15:37 AM »
Translation of the moan please :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 06:18:56 AM »
Almost every program and app used today has tabs. Someone not knowing tabs today would have to be a novice at computing, using a cell phone, a kiosk, many games. Almost like they did not exist one day then did the next.

This Scenario has been planned for some time and lots of information has been posted about it. Folks have been able to load the terrain for awhile in the assigned arena. Just all of the sudden not knowing anything about it is odd.

That being said, I really do not see an advantage to using tabs in the arena selection. I am not privy to any planned future expansion, but at least for now, why do we need them...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:21:52 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 06:35:33 AM »
In the MA there has been arena message for days advertising the event.  I do see your point though.

Tunisia was a blast by the way.  We kicked but and got our butt kicked too.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »
No. He wants all the arenas shown on a single page again.  :)

Might make sense. Might even get a few people into the mission arena when nothing is going on in the main if they see its there and that there are any kid of numbers there.

People tend to want to be where the crowd is.  That has never nor will it ever change. BUT if like last night you log into the MA and see big blobs attacking nothing defending. Rather then log off like I did. One might be more likely to enter one of the other (currently tabbed) arenas if they see other people there.

Orrr just include total numbers for each tab in the tab itself
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 08:46:16 AM »
I would like to see the SEA arenas put in the correct order... 1 on top of 2.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
I would like to see the SEA arenas put in the correct order... 1 on top of 2.

+1
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »
I have no problem with the way it is now-but again I been playing like most of you for me since 2007 or so-but recruits may not understand -like u guys are saying. and it should be--needs to be changed.

but maybe this needs to be in wishlist
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 02:26:28 PM »
I really do not see an advantage to using tabs in the arena selection.

<Fonzarelli voice> "Exactamundo."   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »
There's a different tab?  :rofl
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2016, 03:03:03 PM »
Good points.  Remember the Lobby from AH2?  What would be the BEST way to ADVERTISE ongoing action in the game?  I believe (not sure) that Lusche would agree with me when I said that in the old system folks tended to log into the arena that was on top (reminiscent of Blue and Orange arenas). 

I like the tab idea in that, "Melee" interprets into player vs. player combat.  "Missions" relays the message of clearly defined objectives or solo involvement.  "Events" here again, is a concise indicator of "planned" scheduled additions to the "regular" game play.

What I would propose, is a flashing and or color change in any tab that has more than zero population other than your current tab.  So that, in the screen shots of OP, logging in under the default Melee tab, the Events tab would be flashing to indicate there is activity and therefore immediately bringing the casual observers attention to that tab. 

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 03:31:51 PM »
Good points.  Remember the Lobby from AH2?  What would be the BEST way to ADVERTISE ongoing action in the game?  I believe (not sure) that Lusche would agree with me when I said that in the old system folks tended to log into the arena that was on top (reminiscent of Blue and Orange arenas). 

I like the tab idea in that, "Melee" interprets into player vs. player combat.  "Missions" relays the message of clearly defined objectives or solo involvement.  "Events" here again, is a concise indicator of "planned" scheduled additions to the "regular" game play.

What I would propose, is a flashing and or color change in any tab that has more than zero population other than your current tab.  So that, in the screen shots of OP, logging in under the default Melee tab, the Events tab would be flashing to indicate there is activity and therefore immediately bringing the casual observers attention to that tab. 

If you really want tabs, put them on the side like this:

The colors would have "melee", "training", "events" and "offline missions" written vertically in the colors, but I don't know how to do that with MS Paint.  :headscratch:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »
If you really want tabs, put them on the side like this:

The colors would have "melee", "training", "events" and "offline missions" written vertically in the colors, but I don't know how to do that with MS Paint.  :headscratch:

When you open the box on your pallet to type in transparent, make the color 1 box in the tool bar whatever color you want.  You would have to erase the current writing on image.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:02:27 PM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »
What about those who are color blind?  :devil
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll