Author Topic: Please fix the 38  (Read 4486 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Please fix the 38
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »
The flight model or stall characteristics are off. i can barley fly it!
And for those that say nothing is changed, it has at least on p38's
I have flown it a few times since early 2000 i think i know her well.......... 
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Please fix the 38
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 06:49:42 PM »
Hey TB - can you be more specific?  Which model, or all of them?   What specifically are you talking about?

From my experience, the '38G has become more unstable - if I pull hard maneuvers, the engines falter and rpms drop asymmetrically I think, and its easy to lose control of it.  I was told its due to the lag in the prop governor that was introduced in AH3.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 07:00:07 PM »
Hey TB - can you be more specific?  Which model, or all of them?   What specifically are you talking about?

From my experience, the '38G has become more unstable - if I pull hard maneuvers, the engines falter and rpms drop asymmetrically I think, and its easy to lose control of it.  I was told its due to the lag in the prop governor that was introduced in AH3.

All of them
Flopping all over the place, wing drops, shuddering bad, etc,
I have tried recalling stick doesn't help. in fact as soon as i log i recall stick.
More so on the g though. its stalls more than the p39 or 40 in  my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:01:45 PM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »
I copied over my stick scaling from AH2 and found when I flew the spit16 the scaling was too extreme. Where in AH2 I had smooth control of the nose for gunnery and at slow speeds I didn't over control roll into stalls and the ground. In AH3 all of that happened like I did not have scaling enabled. I had to adjust scaling back by 1\3 again from the AH2 settings to achieve the same precise control I had in AH2.

The only difference I perceived in AH3 flight modeling, is stick inputs are much more responsive. Take a look at your 38 flying from that perspective.

All calibration does is tells the game what the ends and center of your stick movement is so it can operate the full motion of the control surface by that. You are describing  sensitive inputs that are being over expressed into stalls and other frustrating results. I wonder if now that the CPU is not bogged down with processing all of the graphics and our stick inputs, that we are getting faster input processing for our stick inputs.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:33:47 AM »
Where is the problem?  Other then the prop governor addition, I haven't noticed anything significantly different.  Flies the same to me as it did in AH2 and I'm also using the same stick scale from AH2.  My rudders are more responsive but I attribute that to the VKB pedals I'm using.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 06:09:31 AM »
what is he prop governor addition. is that for all planes?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 06:19:50 AM »
The flight model has not changed, for any plane, from AH2.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »
The flight model has not changed, for any plane, from AH2.

Then there is a bug with 38 or stick communication bug or a corrupt file. I can barely control it.
I can log into aces high 2 and fly perfectly as its still on my machine.
I'm telling you something is wrong its definitely 100% not the same.
TBs Sounds 

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »
If its a constant (opposed to intermittent) problem and you suspect stick communication, can you go to the axis functions in Map Controllers and watch your inputs on the graph, to see if there is spiking or deadband issues?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 08:52:39 AM »

Then there is a bug with 38 or stick communication bug or a corrupt file. I can barely control it.

Twin, flight a pattern and film it in both AH2 and AH3. Fly around,through hangers and such just make the flight the same in both films. See if you can show what you think is happening that way.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 10:20:28 AM »

The stall buffet sound is different.

Compare speed and g for accelerated stalls with AH film. Fly whatever maneuver stalls you in AH3.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »
what is this scaling you speal of-where do I find it-how/what is it used for?  :headscratch:  :airplane:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:43:55 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 12:14:24 PM »
It'll be the new sounds affecting the brain. You can't get the flying right on the edge until you learn the right sound queues
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 12:54:19 PM »
what is this scaling you speal of-where do I find it-how/what is it used for?  :headscratch:  :airplane:

When mapping your controllers you can select an axis, then click the 'advanced' button and scale each individual axis.

It's only available to premium subscribers that have the Gold Sheep package.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:55:53 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »
I copied over my stick scaling from AH2 and found when I flew the spit16 the scaling was too extreme. Where in AH2 I had smooth control of the nose for gunnery and at slow speeds I didn't over control roll into stalls and the ground. In AH3 all of that happened like I did not have scaling enabled. I had to adjust scaling back by 1\3 again from the AH2 settings to achieve the same precise control I had in AH2.

The only difference I perceived in AH3 flight modeling, is stick inputs are much more responsive. Take a look at your 38 flying from that perspective.

All calibration does is tells the game what the ends and center of your stick movement is so it can operate the full motion of the control surface by that. You are describing  sensitive inputs that are being over expressed into stalls and other frustrating results. I wonder if now that the CPU is not bogged down with processing all of the graphics and our stick inputs, that we are getting faster input processing for our stick inputs.

I'll try adjusting deadband.
Several other 38 experten are experiencing what I am experiencing.
TBs Sounds