Author Topic: Ukraine Medicine  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: Ukraine Medicine
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »

Hey now!!!   That's my idea..... :furious :furious :furious

But then I dont have to ask as they already give me large amounts of Morphine.....

Sorry to read this Dale,we have social medicine here but it's top notch. Both my wife and I have been dealing with the big C and we are thankful we have good nearby Hospitals and Doctors.

Funny thing is my Doc is Latvian,so he knows how bad it could be and does his best to be sure we are both treated with the best care possible. Colon cancer can be a real pain in the... if you're over 50 be sure to be checked,if caught early there's good success,if left too long well it's not something anyone would want to go through!

:salute

Sorry Morfiend but a friend of mine had a step father with colon cancer  :(
He went through their treatment for 6 mos-1 yr but MRI and CT showed the treatment was not effecting
it  :furious
He opted to do what I am going to do and went on hospice and morphine
At the end, he was constantly pushing the button to feed him more morphine  :bhead
That is why I will not put my wife through the same thing !
Besides, the best way determine colon cancer is the colo-rectal exam which, never mind you
know  :D
I don't know if you realize this but all syphinter [sic] muscles are designed to be an exit... not an entrance  :lol

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ukraine Medicine
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
No worries Ram!  It wasnt me with the colon cancer it is my wife! Unfortunately she is allergic to morphine but I'm not.... :D

I have a chronic pain condition and they opted to treat it with morphine,after they tried just about everything else!  Been on it since 95,it hasnt been all fun and games,side effects can be rough but it's made a huge difference in my life!!!

Told the wife your exit joke........she just gave me that look,you know the one....... :rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute