Author Topic: How to fix the zero fight country???  (Read 9568 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: How to fix the zero fight country???
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »
I can prove it by the #s in the MA and the post on the boards about lack of fights. What more evidence do you need?

Correllation does not imply causality.
Couldn't it be that the perceived lack of fights is a result of sinking numbers, and not the original cause of it?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »

Quit being irrational. You and Fugi both. I'm not "blowing smoke". Your level of understanding of the game play is why people have left. You appease to the boring community, dont want them to leave, but the exciting game players, screw em. News flash, the majority of the players have left because the game got stale the fights dried up. Stop looking for excuses, stop using stupid argeuments about this is how " i want to play". No, I want the game to be exciting. Like how dim lit can you be? Why stick up for boring game play, while causing the excitment of the real players to get bored and leave. This is not the right plan of action.

Hey, let's continue to remove the fighter aspect, make the game a ground land base game with slow tank spawns, 88mm galore. Hell, let's just make the bases 2 miles apart and shoot each other with 88MM

So much FREAKING FUN!!!!

Every single one of you don't understand why fights have been sparse in the off hours. I'm sitting here giving you great advice on how to make the fights actually better. Then you come back and say we should stick up for the boring game play, yeah, that will create better fights for sure.  :rolleyes:

Sigh.

Im not being irrational, Im just pointing out the side of game play you seem to want to ignore. While I would rather these players get out of the guns, get out of the M3 and the supply runs, get out of the GV spawn camps, Im not so arrogant to realize that they are paying customers as well. They are PAYING to do those things and you are looking to remove them and force them to play in a fighter roll.

I can prove it by the #s in the MA and the post on the boards about lack of fights. What more evidence do you need? The player count #? The avg time it takes just to find a fight? Or how long it takes to get back to the fight after you get shot down.  I've been here just as long as you and im better at the game and more aware about how game play works, no offense. I tried very hard to become a good fighter in this game so I know exactly how it works.

Where's your evidence, or intelligence?

All you can prove by the numbers being low is just that, they are low. Nobody knows WHY players have left  other than maybe HTC. They do have an exit poll so IF a person wants to answer the why they will have it.  Im sure a number of players left due to having a hard time finding fights. I also know a bunch of players who have left due to the lame game play like resupply, running jets to pick at a base and so on.

You cant MAKE people fight, but if they have some sort of incentive to do that instead of running supplies, or NOEs on the other side of the map then you will have your fights back.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2016, 04:48:57 PM »

Correllation does not imply causality.
Couldn't it be that the perceived lack of fights is a result of sinking numbers, and not the original cause of it?

At time Lusche, you are a man over very precise words.

HiTech

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2016, 04:57:32 PM »

HiTech

Is this supposed to be zen or something???

Pies not kicks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2016, 05:22:02 PM »
So a sinking amount of #s creates a lack of fights/or lack of fights creates sinking #s. Let's just forget about people's personal problems as the reason why they stop playing.

When you realize that it all comes down to map layout, maybe add another quick arena with a small easy to follow map. Then the #s will grow and people will stay. The problem with the AvA is that it's only set for specific planes at specific times, and it is what it is. This is not the same thing as a FFA, and the reason why the DA lake doesn't work is because of the lake layout. It's really that simple.

It all comes down to the map layout and base distance.

Want to bring back or bring more players? Make the fighter aspect to the game your #1 concern again. That's what made it great in the past. When the concern started toward a ground game, that's when the main base of players left while only the originalist who love the game stayed to play in tanks.

You have people like me who love the air combat aspect to the game more than anything, but it's lame when you spend 45 minutes in the air, only coming across a 20k 190D or something. The time per fight ratio is just too high and that's the point I'm trying to make. If it's hard for me to find people to shoot at, you can imagine how hard it is for people who have only been here a month or 2.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:28:16 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »

HiTech

Yeah, no shiz.. and I think he said he learnt English from playing Aces High... Impressive!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2016, 06:18:38 PM »
Yeah, no shiz.. and I think he said he learnt English from playing Aces High... Impressive!

Sounds impressive, but is not exactly the truth.  ;)

Which is, I mainly learned English by gaming indeed, but long before AH. The old days of imported and horribly overpriced tabletop wargames (Squad Leader, AirForce, Wooden Ships & Iron Men and so on) and RPG's (like Palladium, Twilight 2000, Traveller 2300, HarnMaster...).  :old:
Of course I also had English in school, but I hardly payed attention and almost never said a word... (and my marks showed  :uhoh )

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2016, 06:54:47 PM »
Advertise more.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »
Advertise more.

Now hang on! I don't think the fact the Lusche didn't have very good grades in english is anybody's business but his own!
Pies not kicks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2016, 08:54:36 PM »
So a sinking amount of #s creates a lack of fights/or lack of fights creates sinking #s. Let's just forget about people's personal problems as the reason why they stop playing.

When you realize that it all comes down to map layout, maybe add another quick arena with a small easy to follow map. Then the #s will grow and people will stay. The problem with the AvA is that it's only set for specific planes at specific times, and it is what it is. This is not the same thing as a FFA, and the reason why the DA lake doesn't work is because of the lake layout. It's really that simple.

It all comes down to the map layout and base distance.

Want to bring back or bring more players? Make the fighter aspect to the game your #1 concern again. That's what made it great in the past. When the concern started toward a ground game, that's when the main base of players left while only the originalist who love the game stayed to play in tanks.

You have people like me who love the air combat aspect to the game more than anything, but it's lame when you spend 45 minutes in the air, only coming across a 20k 190D or something. The time per fight ratio is just too high and that's the point I'm trying to make. If it's hard for me to find people to shoot at, you can imagine how hard it is for people who have only been here a month or 2.

Seeing as we had most of these maps in the"old days" it is amazing we had 600 players everynight.  :devil

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2016, 02:38:56 AM »
I remember having to wait for someone to log to get into the orange arena so I would play in the DA with about 60 other players every single night seemed like it never allowed down only got more crowded... Speaking of anybody seen davski I think that was him with the rowdy ones and his Brewster?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2016, 07:28:34 AM »
Seeing as we had most of these maps in the"old days" it is amazing we had 600 players everynight.  :devil

I still have always thought the bases were too spread out. You can have a small map but still have bases that are too far, which make it time consuming just to get to a fight. Once the fights slowed down, these distances helped stomp out the fights. If you notice, most of the big great furballs are at the areas with the closest base distance. Long base distances and high mountains also create an atmosphere where faster planes are necessary, higher alt fighting takes place, and hoards are much more prevelant.

Also, there have been some ground game changes, like strat placement, AAA guns, puff ack, re-supply, ect. That also didn't bode well with fighters. I know splitting the MA also hurt it too, but that's a while ago.

You have to consider the attention spans of people today. The quick fight type of people that have switched to a faster game.

There should be some adjustments to base distance and am attaempt to relieve the lower #s with maps that work better to concentrate action. This will bring more players to the game, and once the #s get higher, you can bring back the bigger maps.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2016, 07:16:42 PM »
I still have always thought the bases were too spread out. You can have a small map but still have bases that are too far, which make it time consuming just to get to a fight. Once the fights slowed down, these distances helped stomp out the fights. If you notice, most of the big great furballs are at the areas with the closest base distance. Long base distances and high mountains also create an atmosphere where faster planes are necessary, higher alt fighting takes place, and hoards are much more prevelant.

I am agreeing with Violator.

Next thing you know, a reality TV star will win the presidency.  :bolt:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
For what it's worth, I suppose I am part of the "problem." I find the game compelling and addictive because of the strategic aspects, not because of the fights. I up a fighter only out of dire necessity to help my team when even cannon fodder will be helpful, but I don't enjoy it; and fighting an opponent in a plane or GV is only preferable to me AFTER I've achieved an objective useful to my team. Resupping towns appeals to many players because we want what we do to have a big picture impact whether it is intrinsically exciting or not, and a lot of the people who play AH strictly for the adrenaline rush of aerial combat don't seem to understand that what they like doing best isn't what the game is all about. If it were adjusted somehow so that what I enjoy doing didn't have much value any more, I'd have no reason to stay.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »
For what it's worth, I suppose I am part of the "problem." I find the game compelling and addictive because of the strategic aspects, not because of the fights. I up a fighter only out of dire necessity to help my team when even cannon fodder will be helpful, but I don't enjoy it; and fighting an opponent in a plane or GV is only preferable to me AFTER I've achieved an objective useful to my team. Resupping towns appeals to many players because we want what we do to have a big picture impact whether it is intrinsically exciting or not, and a lot of the people who play AH strictly for the adrenaline rush of aerial combat don't seem to understand that what they like doing best isn't what the game is all about. If it were adjusted somehow so that what I enjoy doing didn't have much value any more, I'd have no reason to stay.

Look moly, my suggestions are not changing anything about that aspect to the game you enjoy. Im all fine with silent players who want to do their own thing. My suggestions really don't change much. It just makes it easier to find the action for players that want combat. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play or to play my way. I'm simply suggesting that a small decrease in base distance, lower mountains, and people flying slower planes, would create a muxh better atmosphere for all types of players. I've already seen Rapier and Kruel confirm my bias about maps.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-