Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18391 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: For the love of all that is holy, please KILL ENY!
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »
You also fly rook, the country that almost never deals with the issue.

Sounds like the solution to the problem....

:D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »
Sounds like the solution to the problem....

:D

But .... but ..... that would require switching sides. And .... and then the Rooks would suffer the 'problem.' Chaos would ensue. The sky would fall.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »
But .... but ..... that would require switching sides. And .... and then the Rooks would suffer the 'problem.' Chaos would ensue. The sky would fall.

If in wasnt stuck there for 6 hours I would.  There are people I enjoy playing this game with.

Again.. this ENY doesnt really bother me, I have fun in all planes in the set.  Some people like their certain rides.

This is a concern for a lot of other folks however.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:08:16 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2017, 01:07:27 PM »
If in wasnt stuck there for 6 hours I would.  There are people I enjoy playing this game with.

Can't ya'll coordinate?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »
So when 8 or so switch, we get penalized on the other side of the ball?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
Hell, Id switch to help even the numbers, regardless of ENY, if i wasnt stuck there for 6 hours.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
So when 8 or so switch, we get penalized on the other side of the ball?

There's options you apparently don't like:

1) Learn to love a plane that isn't affected by ENY all that much.

2) Make MORE friends.

3) Dare to switch sides without hand-holding.

Your misery sounds a lot like stubborn inflexibility.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
I believe you missed the part where this isnt about me.  I am quite comfortable flying planes throughout the set.  You cant bait me into your pissing match.

I will however post here and share opinions  i gather through gameplay and hell... even here on the BBS.

If there was misery invovled on my part, I would log or close my account. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:27:16 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »
I believe you missed the part where this isnt about me.  I am quite comfortable flying planes throughout the set.  You cant bait me into your pissing match.

I will however post here and share opinions  i gather through gameplay and hell... even here on the BBS.

As will I. So .... who's it about?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »
The folks invovled in the two 5 page posts about ENY, and players discussed with online during gameplay.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »
The folks invovled in the two 5 page posts about ENY, and players discussed with online during gameplay.

Seems to be about three or four players, then. Everyone else has given their best suggestions on how to get over it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »
Couple of anecdotal things.

Years ago a bunch of squad CO's decided to show Hitech that players in the MA could in fact be organized into an air force and carry out a mission for the duration of an evening. That being to shut down the MA by organized force of numbers. Anecdotally: That organized block of players represented a driving force of game control by accident that would have taken control of the MA from HTC at the whim of the CO's organizing it. To retain control Hitech created ENY which has remained pretty benign until recently.

Anecdotally: Recently ENY seems to kick in for the knights and bish as an almost nightly effect around the same time periods in prime time. It's like suddenly there is a block of rooks gone from the arena or in the two other countries. Late night after prime time ENY is unfortunately a product low numbers.

By accident years ago a group of organized players forced Hitech to create an arena modifying mechanism. Ok, so I asked myself, self, if I wanted ENY modifed today with the current low numbers, how could I impact the arena to force Hitech to respond and change ENY? Organize a player walkout or country alternating night shift at a specific time to trigger ENY as many nights a week as possible. The screeching in the forums would ramp up to a MOB level something like the 12 hour insurrection by the old muppet squad. And ENY itself would be it's own worst enemy due to players logging out and maybe threatening subscription cancellations.

Then reality took control and I thought to myself, self, these guys love this game too much to take a chance on killing it to try and force Hitech to do what they wanted. Anecdotally: POTW changed to rooks one squad night thinking our 16 players would be enough to even the sides to return ENY to "0". Our numbers did diddlysquat to the ENY monster and all the fights suddenly disappeared that we were watching on the map minutes before...... :O

I seriously doubt anyone is this well organized in the MA anymore. 

So back to your regularly scheduled "I'm unhappy hear me screech!" programming...... :noid
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »
So back to your regularly scheduled "I'm unhappy hear me screech!" programming...... :noid

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »
Mileage may vary, even the P51B is a better plane than any of those I fly, If I don't meet buffs, that is, and it's a ENY20 plane

Meeting a good LA-7 pilot co-e is certain death in the planes I fly. Most are not good enough though, which probably have saved them from being perked.

If I did not want a challenge I could use my 23k perk points.

We are a flexible bunch.  I love my squadron but I am not paying $15 a month to have my
Mustang stuck in the bleeping hangar EVERY SINGLE TIME I log on.

Planes are very MUCH relevant. 

Your OPINION is not mine.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:58:56 PM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »
Mileage may vary, even the P51B is a better plane than any of those I fly, If I don't meet buffs, that is, and it's a ENY20 plane

Meeting a good LA-7 pilot co-e is certain death in the planes I fly. Most are not good enough though, which probably have saved them from being perked.

If I did not want a challenge I could use my 23k perk points.

Noob.   :neener: 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."