Author Topic: Ok we need your help here.  (Read 4831 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: Ok we need your help here.
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2016, 07:15:29 PM »
Btw "landing bonus pts" was a player requested item that the FSO Team implemented. You guys asked for it. Just saying.  ;)
So landing bonus points is a legitimate reason to avoid combat altogether?
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2016, 09:14:54 PM »
It's an incentive to try and fly a little more like you would in actual combat and place value on the pilots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2016, 09:17:08 PM »
Heck no it's an incentive to not just "throw away" your plane, that's all. Fight but rtb...unless you were Kamikaze...that was the idea.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
I was kamikaze frame one, but some scumbag allied pilot shot my wing off as I was diving on the boat!! LOL

pull up wasn't an option!

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2016, 10:30:51 AM »

Is it just me, or wasn't Viper on a soapbox this summer about culling the number of FSO targets to get MORE fighting in an area???
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »
When it's obvious a group will take it in the shorts because of the rides. And that group is willing to show up in force and gut it out for the rest of us. Find some way to reward them for their sportsmanship even if it's only a big round of applause and thank you as a post from the Host's of this establishment. Even make up some signature stickers like "I took it like an FSO Hero!!" FSO has a lot of unsung hero's who care about FSO enough to saddle up and make the evening bright for others.

And have a big bucket of monster barff for the snowfalkes who can't man up. If SFO was really about score and winning, no fun people would show up.

I can attest over the years I've taken it a few times like an FSO hero, and in the face of all my good ride bad ride grumbling, I'm here for my fun friends.

Yall's establishment throws a good hoootinnanny... :salute  :huh :O ;) :D
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.