Author Topic: FSO Recruitment  (Read 4784 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: FSO Recruitment
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 08:22:21 PM »
CiC's with premature landing syndrome, doesn't help the FSO either. we need players that WANT to play.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »
I tried to see if some solutions were possible. Maybe the silent minority/majority are working behind the scenes to bring new players into the game.

2017 may bring better tidings.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 12:26:27 AM »
Kula I have a lot of respect for you my friend.  But I think everyone is missing the main problem.  Fact - The FSO isn't as fun as it use to be.  Recruiting will be nearly impossible unless positive changes to the game play are made.  What worked 10 years ago isn't working now.  Time to make changes in what the community wants to do and not a few guys running the CM Team want to do.  Big changes are needed.  Big ones.

Then after you recruit you have to retain that guy.  Hows this done in the current situation?  These are hard questions I have on my squad staff calls and no one has any good answers we can effect.

If the FSO was great fun we'd have pilots beating down the doors wouldn't we?

You want more recruiting, heck I'm working hard to hold on to the guys I have let alone get more.  Why don't you the CM Team help me recruit and retain by making a really fun game.

Its long over due to for root cause analysis here.

I want a great FSO community and I'm willing to work for it.  But telling us to get more folks isn't the answer here.

I am with you, however, as I stated and Narf seems to agree, how can you get numbers up in FSO when MA numbers are struggling too?
 It is up to HT and staff to advertise the game in a way that people will check it out.   I learned about AH 10 years ago on the military channel and I was not involved in any online gaming.  IDK what it will take but strongly believe it is the key to get numbers up over all.

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 07:17:59 AM »
I'm sure that flying in circles for 30 min before landing is a great way to promote FSO action.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 07:19:44 AM »
I am with you, however, as I stated and Narf seems to agree, how can you get numbers up in FSO when MA numbers are struggling too?
 It is up to HT and staff to advertise the game in a way that people will check it out.   I learned about AH 10 years ago on the military channel and I was not involved in any online gaming.  IDK what it will take but strongly believe it is the key to get numbers up over all.
There was some discussion about advertising the other night.  The word is, HTC said it didn't pay off.  Funny thing is, several people including myself said that's how they found out about the game.  <shrug>
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »
I've been sharing videos of in FSO and Scenarios and some of the annoucements from HTC with my friends on facebook.  Most are horse owning older ladies but I know some of them and their husbands are gamers.

I started playing because AOL sent me a disc with Air Warrior on it.  Back when downloading was SUPER SLOW, anything that arrived on CD that was free was gonna be tried out.  :D

Not sure how that translates into getting the word out today.

I did see the commercials on the History Channel several times but I already knew about Aces High by then.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 09:27:16 AM »
went on my facebook page and typed this:

@aces high III join the game, join the fun!

www.hitechcreations.com

takes them to the ah3 facebook page and creates a link to aces high. if everyone does it, maybe that will help?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 09:27:50 AM »
There was some discussion about advertising the other night.  The word is, HTC said it didn't pay off.  Funny thing is, several people including myself said that's how they found out about the game.  <shrug>

i wonder how they come up with that conclusion? The only way I can see for them to know that is did a community survey.   Now I am getting of age and forget things from time to time, but never recall HTC asking.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »
I found the game from an ad on the military channel as well as on history channel. Never would have started without those ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 07:22:59 PM »
I saw the Ad on the Military channel in 2002? I too was not a gamer, but I got into the game and have been hooked ever since. I was divorced not too long after I started. Surely it was a coincidence!  :headscratch:  :bolt:
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
In 2000, I was surfing the web looking for add-ons and skins for Janes WW2 fighters and found a web banner for Aces High.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 08:17:33 PM »
In 2000, I was surfing the web looking for add-ons and skins for Janes WW2 fighters and found a web banner for Aces High.

I'm a web bannor.  :bolt:

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 09:08:33 PM »
it must have been a Bannor day!!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »
Military channel ad in 04 or 05 for me....and I wasn't a gamer either...I traded a Cadillac for a gaming computer for this game in may of 05...wife been trying to leave me ever since  :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »
Military channel ad in 04 or 05 for me....and I wasn't a gamer either...I traded a Cadillac for a gaming computer for this game in may of 05...wife been trying to leave me ever since  :noid

Good luck with that Puller.  :P