Author Topic: So I'm watching the military channel and guess what?  (Read 9997 times)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Re: So I'm watching the military channel and guess what?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 03:44:11 PM »
Ask TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTFohR7GUZYcD8t4bbSKYpnsjMWf19Qgo
to do a review.
I've had the same thought, tb even likes this type of game. But back on topic, I only seen the commercial when someone posted it here. I found AH through a family member who I played AW with long ago.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 06:11:07 AM »
One issue is that many people don't actually watch TV any more in the way people used to. No more reading the program list on the daily paper, no more sitting in front of the telly at a given time. They rather use online services or record the programs so they can skip the ads. This is true especially among the young professionals who like to control their spare time to the max. What, where, when... They are hard to reach but they tend to spend the most money for their leisure.

that's me! I found the game via a google search back in 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 10:23:18 AM »
I like this thread as it has ideas. Some have been tried and some not. You can't go wrong with ideas.

We know the boards are watched.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 04:00:08 AM »
AH3 actually has 200 million subscribers. Twice as much as WoT.

8 actual humans and 199,999,992 shade accounts.

Well you know that was going to happen when the introduced the GV icon...........I mean really? what do we need that for.?

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 06:40:50 AM »
Well you know that was going to happen when the introduced the GV icon...........I mean really? what do we need that for.?

Not to mention the CV being wrecked by several upping planes, when it's not even near the shore of a base, it's almost as if they knew... somehow... :bolt:

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »
Answer to the advertising issue:  Post more Movies on Social Media.

When friends see me play this game, with Track IR in a dog fight, they are mesmerized by it. Replicating that look in a AH film however is very difficult because Track IR POV is not captured in the film file. This means the film maker has to generate all the camera POV in post and simulate the head movement of the pilot, which is pretty complicated. Capturing in Fraps or similar software solves that problem but at the cost of Frame rate which makes for other film problems.

Movies are our best chance to create lots of free buzz. Perhaps HTC could upgrade the film recorder viewer to make it easier to make quality films. So much great action out there, right on my screen! Just need an easier way to capture it.

Speaking of which..I have Fraps but it's hard to run it and the game on my rig. I have been pondering getting a new rig since mine is 8 years old now. Is there a way to split the output signal from the new rig and import it to the old rig and set up the old rig as a Fraps recorder? Or would that require producing double the video output for the new rig and put me right back where I started?

Who is John Galt?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »
Answer to the advertising issue:  Post more Movies on Social Media.

When friends see me play this game, with Track IR in a dog fight, they are mesmerized by it. Replicating that look in a AH film however is very difficult because Track IR POV is not captured in the film file. This means the film maker has to generate all the camera POV in post and simulate the head movement of the pilot, which is pretty complicated. Capturing in Fraps or similar software solves that problem but at the cost of Frame rate which makes for other film problems.

Movies are our best chance to create lots of free buzz. Perhaps HTC could upgrade the film recorder viewer to make it easier to make quality films. So much great action out there, right on my screen! Just need an easier way to capture it.

Speaking of which..I have Fraps but it's hard to run it and the game on my rig. I have been pondering getting a new rig since mine is 8 years old now. Is there a way to split the output signal from the new rig and import it to the old rig and set up the old rig as a Fraps recorder? Or would that require producing double the video output for the new rig and put me right back where I started?

Have you tried other screen capture software? I use shadow play and get excellent quality, better than Fraps and Bandicam, and its free. There are a lot of better options out there.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
In.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 09:28:06 AM »
Have you tried other screen capture software? I use shadow play and get excellent quality, better than Fraps and Bandicam, and its free. There are a lot of better options out there.

Never heard of shadow play. when you say excellent Quality does that mean you don;t suffer framerate loss when running it?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »

Shaddow play is a great program, I'm grateful for BowHTR suggesting I get it....it captures in what has to be HD...the videos are high quality

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Never heard of shadow play. when you say excellent Quality does that mean you don;t suffer framerate loss when running it?

I only suffer FR loss when using the Shadow Record feature. Shadow Record allows you to play and not have to record the entire time. If you were just in a great fight, you can hit your Shadow record button and it will automatically record the previous X amount of time. I have mine set for 20 min. Have great fight, once the fight is over, press the button. Boom, the last 20 min was just recorded. I only suffer FR loss for about 3 seconds and then back to normal. When doing a constant record, I only lose maybe 1-2 FR.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »
I only suffer FR loss when using the Shadow Record feature. Shadow Record allows you to play and not have to record the entire time. If you were just in a great fight, you can hit your Shadow record button and it will automatically record the previous X amount of time. I have mine set for 20 min. Have great fight, once the fight is over, press the button. Boom, the last 20 min was just recorded. I only suffer FR loss for about 3 seconds and then back to normal. When doing a constant record, I only lose maybe 1-2 FR.

Thanks to you and Dundee for the info. I'll look into it.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
That sort of business model has been taking over in recent years. Unfortunately AH isn't set up very well to use that business model.

F2P business model isn't taking over, in fact it's so saturated with F2P games that the majority fail within the first year, if they see a release at all.  F2P business model has only been really successful in the mobile/social game market.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
HTC first has to do something about how well they fare in a web search.  Bring up your favorit browser and enter "WWII aviation games"  tell me on which page Aces High is listed?  Trick question, it's not.

Do a search for "WWII online aviation games" and AH shows up in the first page.  Your search term is so broad that not even games like BoS show up on the first page.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »
F2P business model isn't taking over, in fact it's so saturated with F2P games that the majority fail within the first year, if they see a release at all.  F2P business model has only been really successful in the mobile/social game market.

CSGO/LEAGE/DOTA/WOT/WARTHUNDER/GTA ONLINE/project reality

it is extremely successful