Author Topic: New HOTAS announced  (Read 4732 times)

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
New HOTAS announced
« on: January 02, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »
For those wishing to look outside of Thrustmaster, Saitek, or CH Products these have just been announced:

https://www.virpil.com/en/

Looks interesting.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
Re: New HOTAS announced
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:47:39 PM »
It's nice to know that folks are still looking to compete in this niche.

The stick design looks pretty good but there's a great deal of plastic in evidence.  Concern about the two levers on the front of the joystick getting snapped 'in a hot moment'.

I'll be watching this one.

Thanks for the share.

:salute 
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:22:20 PM »
Looks kind of cheap, especially the pedals.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:34:41 PM »
hmm....

I'm getting a 404 error when I click on the link
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
hmm....

I'm getting a 404 error when I click on the link

same here.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 09:22:02 AM »
Worked for me right now.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 12:53:34 PM »
The link stopped working, but is now up again.  These controllers may or may not be durable enough.  I just wanted to put it out there that Thrustmaster, Saitek, and CH Products are not the only game in town.  I recently bought a Baur BRD-N joystick and MFG rudder pedals.  The quality and feel of those controllers put the "big three" to shame.

There is a good hardware forum at SimHQ for info on some other alternatives.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 01:06:53 PM »
Where did you order the BAUR BDN joystick?  Been interested in some of their sticks, like the VKB line of joysticks, looks like you can replace the handle with ones from TH and CH.  Ever since CH sold out to some French company and the quality of their builds has declines, I've been slowly swapping out my gear, just replaced my CH Pro Pedals with the VKB T-Rudder Mk IV and couldn't have been happier with the switch.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
VPC MongoosT-50 is exactly what I need for DCS, if it isn't too flimsy.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 03:27:56 PM »
Where did you order the BAUR BDN joystick?  Been interested in some of their sticks, like the VKB line of joysticks, looks like you can replace the handle with ones from TH and CH.  Ever since CH sold out to some French company and the quality of their builds has declines, I've been slowly swapping out my gear, just replaced my CH Pro Pedals with the VKB T-Rudder Mk IV and couldn't have been happier with the switch.

Here is what I got from Baur:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_08_2016/post-842-0-61420700-1472574249.jpg

You can purchase the Baur BRD direct from him via e-mail and Western Union (yeah, I know I was apprehensive about the payment method also, but it went very smoothly and his customer service is VERY good). 
His website is here:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/index.php?sid=ac473c637fbdaad1dca9c328bba70da6

You will have to use a translate program for your browser and e-mail.  It is well worth the effort!

Hope this helps

TShark

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »
Here is what I got from Baur:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_08_2016/post-842-0-61420700-1472574249.jpg

You can purchase the Baur BRD direct from him via e-mail and Western Union (yeah, I know I was apprehensive about the payment method also, but it went very smoothly and his customer service is VERY good). 
His website is here:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/index.php?sid=ac473c637fbdaad1dca9c328bba70da6

You will have to use a translate program for your browser and e-mail.  It is well worth the effort!

Hope this helps

Thanks, for some reason (probably due to being Russian) Baur's site is blocked at work but when I get home I'm going to check out his site.  From what I saw in some threads and SimHQ is you can swap handles with his gear like you can with the VKB sticks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:40:10 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »
Thanks, for some reason (probably due to being Russian) Baur's site is blocked at work but when I get home I'm going to check out his site.  From what I saw in some threads and SimHQ is you can swap handles with his gear like you can with the VKB sticks.

Yes, you can use Warthog and Cougar handles with the BRD joysticks.  They simply plug-in and then are locked in place with the nut at the base of the handle.

TShark

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 04:52:47 AM »
I'm on the look out for a decent joystick. I have fallen out of favour with CH products, and i'm not happy with the Thrustmaster Warthog i purchased as a replacement.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »
VKB sticks are very good and I believe they've just released the adapter for the Gladiator Pro that allows you to connect a Warthog handle to it. 

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 07:02:29 PM »
How do the brakes work on the VKB T-Rudder pedals? Do you have individual braking?

Tour 70 2005 to present