Author Topic: Indicator for players active on a 2 week trial  (Read 835 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Indicator for players active on a 2 week trial
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
Hitech,

Would it be difficult to have some sort of flag next to a players name on the roster, if they are currently on a 2 week trial?

Maybe something similar to the current stars we have?

It would make it easier for us long time players to reach out to these folks and offer some help to them.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Indicator for players active on a 2 week trial
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
And then there are those who after fighting them you say to yourself, self this reminds me of someone who used to fly full time in the MA.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
Hitech,

Would it be difficult to have some sort of flag next to a players name on the roster, if they are currently on a 2 week trial?

It would make it easier for us long time players to reach out to these folks and offer some help to them.

I actually really like this idea.  An indicator on the roster only, not the ICON in game.  Sometimes I'm just in that mood and want to help.  This could also be an option players could set.  Even those past their 2 week try might want to indicate they would like some help.  Anything can be Trolled but that does not mean your idea would be devalued.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
And then there are those who after fighting them you say to yourself, self this reminds me of someone who used to fly full time in the MA.

Whats your point?

9 times out of 10,  a player in a 2 week status is going to be new.

Either way, who cares?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:28:10 PM by Lazerr »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 03:20:47 PM »
The real two weekers ask questions and for help because they are new and believe we are a helpful community in the MA.

I've always wondered if there was a counter in place to limit the number or frequency of two week account's created from a specific IP, MAC, or ISP UID for a primary account. I doubt score and perks matter much to many old time vets.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
The real two weekers ask questions and for help because they are new and believe we are a helpful community in the MA.

I've always wondered if there was a counter in place to limit the number or frequency of two week account's created from a specific IP, MAC, or ISP UID for a primary account. I doubt score and perks matter much to many old time vets.
Safe bet that it's tied to IP. Just because a player is good doesn't mean it's a shade of former player...could be a player from Il2 and such.

Hitech,

Good Idea for sure.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 06:47:19 PM »
I've seen a few players lately and thought oh this guy is new. Would be nice to have 'L' plates so the more experienced players can give them some leeway.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »
+1

I've seen at least one guy stating he's new and asking for help and I"m rarely on so I'm assuming it's happening more than what I'm seeing.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:16:00 AM »
Pretty much any player with 0-1 stars will be a 2 week trial or atleast new subscriber.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 01:46:21 PM »
Pretty much any player with 0-1 stars will be a 2 week trial or atleast new subscriber.

Not necessarily true.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 01:55:54 PM »
I dont know, its pretty hard not to get a star, unless you dont play at all.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »
I dont know, its pretty hard not to get a star, unless you dont play at all.

OR unless you've turned off the star function.

- oldman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »

OR unless you've turned off the star function.

- oldman

You can't actually turn it off, you only can deactivate the display of stars in chat and on roster on your client. You still gather achievements and stars yourself, and others will see it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
I just got my first star pretty recently and I'm not new. I think it was for 40 hours in game or something and it took me almost a year to get it.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »
Great idea Lazer.....nothing wrong with reaching out to someone you may see being new...and offering a hand. if they are a returning player on another 2wk trial.....maybe offer to be a target and help them shake off the rust

I like it  +1
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.