Author Topic: windows 10 icons sometimes no text after reboot  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: windows 10 icons sometimes no text after reboot
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
Very strange. That sounds like your monitor is giving erroneous information for the video card. What type of a cable are you using? VGA (analog), DVI or HDMI?

Also, it still might be a driver auto-update issue.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 05:38:37 PM »
Very strange. That sounds like your monitor is giving erroneous information for the video card. What type of a cable are you using? VGA (analog), DVI or HDMI?

Also, it still might be a driver auto-update issue.

It happened with my old monitor and now my new one 144hz asus. I use DVI D I think. I know it's dvi.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »
Going off the OP post every week or so when I reboot my computer everything resets. All my icons move to the left. My screen resolution drops to terrible quality and I gotta change everything back. Windows 10 upgraded from 7. Any ideas.

Go into msconfig and check the boot tab.  Under boot options, check to see if "base video" is checked.  If it is, uncheck it, as this will force a boot into a lower resolution.

Mike

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
Go into msconfig and check the boot tab.  Under boot options, check to see if "base video" is checked.  If it is, uncheck it, as this will force a boot into a lower resolution.

Mike

checked that its fine
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »
With regards to the original post the latest Windows 10 update (version 1703) should fix the problem.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 06:52:51 AM »
With regards to the original post the latest Windows 10 update (version 1703) should fix the problem.

When I rebooted after a big update yesterday, the very first reboot after applying changes resulted in the display problem.  No text for any of the icons, and the bottom task bar and notifications area messed up.

Another reboot put it back to normal, as usual.

On my desktop, the last reboot shuffled all my icons around on my desktop.  Super annoying when windows decides that the way I have organized the desktop isn't right, and shuffles them and stuffs them all on the left side of monitor 1. 
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »
You're lucky if you don't see yet another update come down.

Yeah, precisely why I started using DesktopOK more than a year ago. As to white icons, yes it's MS messing with us yet again.

Microsoft is doing something that is preventing Firefox from normal operations. They have not admitted it, but you can see it in action if you cold boot and try to initiate Firefox immediately. I really want to do an OS reset to get things back to a pristine condition, but that means reinitiating DCS AGAIN, and some of those modules are limited in activations.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.