Author Topic: Indicator for players active on a 2 week trial  (Read 833 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Indicator for players active on a 2 week trial
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:02 PM »
You can't actually turn it off, you only can deactivate the display of stars in chat and on roster on your client. You still gather achievements and stars yourself, and others will see it.

Doubt it makes a difference in my case, but good to know.  Thanks!

- oldman

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 07:27:37 AM »
Hitech,

Would it be difficult to have some sort of flag next to a players name on the roster, if they are currently on a 2 week trial?

Maybe something similar to the current stars we have?

It would make it easier for us long time players to reach out to these folks and offer some help to them.

Maybe if I had this, you wouldn't have made fun of my gunnery on 200 last night.  :neener:
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »
or maybe you old timers could use the flag to hunt down the new players for an easy kill
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »
or maybe you old timers could use the flag to hunt down the new players for an easy kill

Unfortunately that would be a likely hood for some...
How about older players having an option to be tagged in the roster so that the newer guys could seek out those who are willing to help newer players...obviously the new player would need some kind of notification that this exists..Now they wouldn't be trainers as such but could impart knowledge onto the new guys and give them the information about trainers in the TA etc etc... my game time there are no trainers but I'm sure more than a few who would be willing to help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 03:56:33 PM »

I think they are talking about a tag on the roster list, not on dar or anything. Knowing and enemy play is on his 2 weeks by looking at the roster is only going to tell you which team he is on. On the other hand you easily blow a guy out of the sky, check the roster and see he is a two weeker, you could help him out, give him tips, tell him how you blew him out of the sky.

As it is now, if you want to hunt down a player all night it isn't all that hard..... ask Skyrr how   :devil