Author Topic: eny revisions  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: eny revisions
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 10:21:06 AM »
^^  He said "crusade"  ^^

hehehe

Wag more, bark less.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »
Regarding dropping troops at adjacent bases:  So what you're saying above is, dropping the troops may motivate the enemy to be ready to defend, and that's a bad thing.  Isn't that kind of against the point of your entire crusade?

Wiley.
No it should give an indication of where an attack is going so the argument that resupply is sometimes the only option is just wrong....with that earlier insight that an attack is probably coming they should be able to up porkers, high cap and a tank defense in town.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 10:30:27 AM »
^^  He said "crusade"  ^^

hehehe
Feels like a crusade...been trying to get it changed for years without any real good reason as to why not and everyone that has come up I've supplied a counter. The only one I can't counter was the "Wish Not granted" from HI tech himself...which had zero reasoning why not.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Feels like a crusade...been trying to get it changed for years without any real good reason as to why not and everyone that has come up I've supplied a counter. The only one I can't counter was the "Wish Not granted" from HI tech himself...which had zero reasoning why not.

...I'd hazard a guess that's more or less because no matter what he says, all he sees is an endless string of "Yeah buts" in the future if he says anything.

I don't think resupply is what it should be either, but flogging your point ad nauseum isn't going to accomplish anything.  You've made your points, the guy who makes the decision said "No."  What in your entire experience with the man would indicate belaboring the point would accomplish anything?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 12:24:18 PM »
I think the field capture game should be viewed as a mechanism to promote combat and players resupplying a town rather than defending it with a GVs or planes makes for boring gameplay for both defenders and attackers. The town resupply should be at least toned down to the point where upping a tank or fighter is a more effective way of defending the base. If a few players want to slow down a horde they should be porking the nearby fields' ordnance or troops.

At one time wasn't the M3 less effective per trip to the town and the nature of how the town responded to supplies toned back? I'm thinking the transition to the last town we had from the old AH1 object. Hitech had to tweek the "town down" percentage down to 20% because the spread out buildings thwarted our hoards at the time too much. I thought it was some years into that town type and strat down time issues that he increased the M3's resupply impact to address how fast bases could be taken because of the strat.

Our new town reminds me of the AH1 object in how closely packed the buildings are. If he dialed back the M3's impact specifically to resupplying the town, wouldn't he proportionally tweek the town percentage down for capture value? His statements over the years about new troop delivery rides that can carry 15-24 troops has always been, he would require 15-24 troops to capture the town to maintain proportionality.

So the current proportionality is off without the hoards it was adjusted for. By the way, with the new more densely packed town, how much faster do we get it down versus the previous object? Remember with the AH1 object players had become experts with lancs at completely dropping it in two passes. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »
At one time wasn't the M3 less effective per trip to the town and the nature of how the town responded to supplies toned back? I'm thinking the transition to the last town we had from the old AH1 object. Hitech had to tweek the "town down" percentage down to 20% because the spread out buildings thwarted our hoards at the time too much. I thought it was some years into that town type and strat down time issues that he increased the M3's resupply impact to address how fast bases could be taken because of the strat.

Our new town reminds me of the AH1 object in how closely packed the buildings are. If he dialed back the M3's impact specifically to resupplying the town, wouldn't he proportionally tweek the town percentage down for capture value? His statements over the years about new troop delivery rides that can carry 15-24 troops has always been, he would require 15-24 troops to capture the town to maintain proportionality.

So the current proportionality is off without the hoards it was adjusted for. By the way, with the new more densely packed town, how much faster do we get it down versus the previous object? Remember with the AH1 object players had become experts with lancs at completely dropping it in two passes.

In AH3 I can't do this all the time, but I have Wfluffied a town with 2 passes with a TU2 and 1 pass with a Lanc. Taking down town seems a bit to easy in AH3 in my opinion.

Chuikov

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
In AH3 I can't do this all the time, but I have Wfluffied a town with 2 passes with a TU2 and 1 pass with a Lanc. Taking down town seems a bit to easy in AH3 in my opinion.
I disagree...an M4 with rockets with the heavy HE light AP used to be able to take out town alone...now you have to use all HE w/ rockets.

...I'd hazard a guess that's more or less because no matter what he says, all he sees is an endless string of "Yeah buts" in the future if he says anything.

I don't think resupply is what it should be either, but flogging your point ad nauseum isn't going to accomplish anything.  You've made your points, the guy who makes the decision said "No."  What in your entire experience with the man would indicate belaboring the point would accomplish anything?

Wiley.
Because of a comment he made during the 12 hour scenario saying that we know more about actual MA gameplay.

Hordes are still very much in the game....thinking that we are only experiencing issues in gameplay because they are not around is just not true. Plus this issue was a thing back when we still saw 300+ numbers in the MA....it was not as often an issue but it still did kill fights....now it doesn't let fights happen often times.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
Hoardes happens to all teams, and all teams take part in them.

It doesnt give justification to the easymode  m3 defense.  This mentality shows quite a bit in the current ability of most MA players.  They can resupply with the best of them, but sure are scared to fight.

You are witnessing the product of current settings and how people are adapting to them.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
Back on topic though, the planeset does need an update to the ENY.

The planes mentioned above are top candidates.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
When a town is 20% down with all ack destroyed, how much do the first three M3 on sight repair with their supplies? I think the current strat M3 relationship is working after the 49er abuse of that process.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
What I would change and why:

F4U-1A  current ENY is 12 but should be 10 or even 8.  Probably the best and most versatile fighter in the game. 

190- F8  current ENY is 25 but should be 30.  The worst performing variant with the smallest gun package and rockets that are difficult to use against GVs.

190-D9 current ENY is 12 but should be 8 or lower.  Uber pick and run machine. 

Ki-84 current ENY is 20 but should be 12.  This is a monster turn fighter that also excels at GV busting.

P-38J current ENY is 20 but should be 15.  The P-38L has nearly identical performance with the only difference being better rockets and has an ENY of 12.  An 8 point difference is a lot for rockets.

P-47D11 current ENY is 35 but should be 30.  Just too good to be lumped in with planes like the P-39Q.

Spit 9 current ENY is 20 but should be 15.  Superior to the Seafire, which has a 15 ENY.

Yak-3 current ENY is 18 but should be 10.  Late war monster with damage absorption comparable to the B-17.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 01:41:54 PM »
What I would change and why:

F4U-1A  current ENY is 12 but should be 10 or even 8.  Probably the best and most versatile fighter in the game. 

190- F8  current ENY is 25 but should be 30.  The worst performing variant with the smallest gun package and rockets that are difficult to use against GVs.

190-D9 current ENY is 12 but should be 8 or lower.  Uber pick and run machine. 

Ki-84 current ENY is 20 but should be 12.  This is a monster turn fighter that also excels at GV busting.

P-38J current ENY is 20 but should be 15.  The P-38L has nearly identical performance with the only difference being better rockets and has an ENY of 12.  An 8 point difference is a lot for rockets.

P-47D11 current ENY is 35 but should be 30.  Just too good to be lumped in with planes like the P-39Q.

Spit 9 current ENY is 20 but should be 15.  Superior to the Seafire, which has a 15 ENY.

Yak-3 current ENY is 18 but should be 10.  Late war monster with damage absorption comparable to the B-17.

Great suggestions here

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 04:35:47 PM »
Even if you get half of this list's ENY change, the M3 issue will still keep you from getting people to fight.

Players always find what is easy and works to avoid risk and effort. I've been trying to get you guys to build a picture of the M3 and a time line of how it has affected town captures and defense. You could have started with this list 2 months ago in a civilized manner and gotten some of it from Hitech by now. Still in all of the lynch mobery of Hitech, one thing kept standing out that was a big contributor to your problems even during ENY.

What players were choosing to do when they had to defend from your looking for a fight.

So now you have two things that may well alleviate some of your problems and you quickly hop on the sexy one concerning rides because it's the easy thing. The M3 is messy because it takes effort to identify why it's role in the game needs tweeking and showing how that is necessary in the light of the current ENY problems to Hitech. It's like crafting grants and contracts, the big parts are simple and make everyone feel good. It's the fine print and small parts nested deep in that screw you because they have the real power affecting you.

Junky was ignored because he has been yelling about the M3 for along time and he picked fights with Hitech over it. We all tend to ignore issues like that when even the dead horse is a grease stain in the road. But, as some of you have been trying to dismantle ENY and the whole process to take a look under the hood, the M3 and it's impact on the community kept cropping up.

Players would rather sneak around in M3's because the bang for the buck is often bigger watching you guys scream on 200 than man to man beating you in the air face to face. This list is nice but, it won't entice any of them to hop in planes and fight you as long as an M3 can do so much for so little effort.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 04:41:15 PM »
The fix is simple bustr.   If the city strat is 100%  then 30minute downtimes cant be supplied same goes for Ack.   

If the strat is hit and downtime of a town building is 60minutes then let them resupply.   Then it is sort of working as intended.   

You have to think I play off hours mainly the strats are nearly always up and 30 minutes is the norm.   2 guys get it backup before a set of bombers can get half way home.  Hence why most will bail because it is impossible to get the field otherwise. 

OR

remove all the extra information dt commands, flags etc and make people TAKE OFF and LOOK!   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »
And during prime time when you are not here and 200 are, is this let them eat dirt because it's not your playtime?

This is another aspect of ENY that makes things hard to sell. From your experience during low numbers late night just the bare bones function would work. From Junky's late night experience the M3 is the single most destructive element to good game play he can identify. Then both of you try to sell it to Hitech without showing how time of day and population numbers is effected by your observations. Lusche was good at that when he wanted something. And each member of the lynch mob joins in thinking it's one more documented indignity heaped on them by Hitech not caring about their own personal time of day indignities. And pretty soon you have a propaganda narrative that feeds itself and keeps those already indignant supplied with their ongoing indignity fix.

None of you at that point are interested in deconstructing anything in any sense that might interest Hitech. You fall back on throwing out quick fixes that aren't much more than no fix in the face of the problem. They are mostly changes for the sake of changing something because a group of players is unhappy and worked themselves into a tizzy once again over 14 years.

You could have talked to Hitech about the change in ENY scoring for rides two months ago, and by keeping the conversation none combatively alive over that time, probably gotten some of them changed with out going into lynch mob mode for all of that time. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing