Author Topic: eny revisions  (Read 3852 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: eny revisions
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2017, 05:18:59 AM »
Nope, Dora carry less ordnance, have a fraction of P51D endurance, keep E worse in turns.

Also Dora gets it's radiator perforated if you look at it long enough, whereas I've never ever seen a radiator leak on a p51D.

the dora should have the same value as the p51d
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 05:24:53 AM »
Save,
I think that nobody exept you even considers rolling the A8 with just two cannons.
They have to be dedicated A8 pilots, because if they take only 2*20mm + 2*13mm for performance, they are much better off in the Dora.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »
3-gun LA-7 1 perk

Agree.

Yak3 .... the damage model deserve a perk of 5

Fly it for a tour. See how much damage it takes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:07:04 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »
Nope, Dora carry less ordnance, have a fraction of P51D endurance, keep E worse in turns.

Also Dora gets it's radiator perforated if you look at it long enough, whereas I've never ever seen a radiator leak on a p51D.

The 190D is a much bigger nuisance than the P51D right now because of the cannons , climb, and exceleration performance. The majority of people don't fly these planes to the full envelope, but too many 190Ds all over the place create a boring flight atmosphere. In my opinion it's one of the main reasons why the air combat excitment has died in the game. When players can simply hit the x button and "extend away", or groups only fly at 25K and BnZ, its a recipe for boring gameplay that causes people to log. This plane has definitely gotten more popular and I think its a air combat deterant.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2017, 01:02:47 PM »
In the bomber killer role it's a matter of ordnance on the A8.

Lets say you're out to fight at medium alt Spits in a melee arena, and a bomber set show up- B17s..

You are equipped with 2*20mm and 2*13 mm 50% fuel to stand any chance against those pesky spits.

You HO and kill the mid bomber in the set, and then you have to be lucky to get a second before you have to fly home with half a wing ( if the bomber gunners are good).

Flying  at altitude with a 2*30mm 2*20mm 2*13mm and a pair of anti-air rockets is a whole different ballgame.

Flying in a Mossie you enjoy the advantage of 4 Hispanoes 4 nuisance mg's and suffer from a fragile pilot.

I DO know what I'm talking about, no-one else have the accumulated number of sorties in the A8 last 8 years I have.
Absolutely agree, I just don't know why you are flying an A8 with 2 gun package when you could just up and A5 instead ;)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »
Fw190a5 is a cheating plane, it can turn without going back to the field to do it   :aok

If I wanted to fly planes that don't give me a challenge I just start spending my 23k+ perk points, but what is the point ?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:23:43 PM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera