Author Topic: Ah for free????  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Ah for free????
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 04:35:56 PM »

No I think a way to bring more players into the Main arena is whats needed.

I totally agree.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 04:38:27 PM »
For now the free arena is a 16 player custom arena or arenas HTC or players have to put up on the HOST. I doubt 16 customers will cancel their subscriptions to be limited to a 16 player arena while having to create a new 2 week account every two weeks. Some might for a time and slip back into the MA on two week accounts. "If", 2 week trial accounts have the system rights to put up a custom arena on the HOST. After awhile you need new blood to dassle and wow with kill landed messages. Though you could run a stealth DA HOSTed by paying customers with a bunch of 2 week accounts and invite back a roughs gallery of PNG'd people and others who don't see eye to eye with HTC. 

Does anyone know how HTC has actually structured this?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 04:56:58 PM »
I totally agree.

I don't see it happening at present otherwise this thread wouldn't be here. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 05:09:12 PM »
I don't think so, Tim.

It has already been proven that the players go to which ever arena has the numbers. A good number of players would be happy to drop their subscriptions and fly in the free zone as long as there were people there, add them to the free players. Before long it would have more numbers than the pay arena and that would start the avalanche

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 05:44:22 PM »
It has already been proven that the players go to which ever arena has the numbers. A good number of players would be happy to drop their subscriptions and fly in the free zone as long as there were people there, add them to the free players. Before long it would have more numbers than the pay arena and that would start the avalanche

Yes, because we are being *FLOODED* with new players now, right?

Looks like my idea has merit then since it would quickly swamp the number of players currently here.   Awesome.  Let's get the ball rolling.   Once the numbers reach critical mass then HTC has options.   :aok
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 06:55:19 PM »
if I'm not mistakin-you still have to have a subscription to play in the "FREE" arena--THE free refers to the all planes are free not the game.

I had to pay after my 2 week free trial-and I'm still paying--it would not be fair to those of us have to pay while others don't..

and who's gonna pay HTC's bills with no money coming into the couphers from people not paying to play.

the Fugitive thinks AH3 is a sinking ship-with no paying players it will be---and I know your gonna say, with no new players it will be, could be possible.

but players playing for free is not the answer.
and these new players are hearing about AH3 somewhere.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 06:59:52 PM »
if I'm not mistakin-you still have to have a subscription to play in the "FREE" arena--THE free refers to the all planes are free not the game.

you are mistaken. If a paying player, or HTC opens a custom/free arena ANYONE can join in. You do have to have a login, just like the two trial, but you don't need a credit card.

I had to pay after my 2 week free trial-and I'm still paying--it would not be fair to those of us have to pay while others don't..

and who's gonna pay HTC's bills with no money coming into the couphers from people not paying to play.

the Fugitive thinks AH3 is a sinking ship-with no paying players it will be---and I know your gonna say, with no new players it will be, could be possible.

but players playing for free is not the answer.
and these new players are hearing about AH3 somewhere.

Yes, because we are being *FLOODED* with new players now, right?

Looks like my idea has merit then since it would quickly swamp the number of players currently here.   Awesome.  Let's get the ball rolling.   Once the numbers reach critical mass then HTC has options.   :aok

Im just saying if they were to open a free early war arena it would kill off the game much quicker. I'm pretty sure we will never see it so it really is a moot point.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »
If you wanna be limited to EW planes then cancel your paid sub.  I won't be doing that.  I doubt many here would.   

The idea is to attract players and hook them.   

The free H2H arenas did it for me when I left Brand X.   I dabbled in there for a bit then took the plunge. 

It works. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »
Some people tend to forget when HiTech posted about AH having free to play game.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:04:00 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 07:27:26 PM »
Some people tend to forget when HiTech posted about AH having free to play game.

And some don't. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 07:48:13 PM »
And some don't.

It's obvious you've forgotten.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »
It's obvious I make false assumptions.

It's obvious you make false assumptions.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »
The Fugitive - understand your concern on the risk of offering 'free' could result in even fewer subscriptions.  That said, if 'flying limited planes for free' is risky, you have to admit that it hooked hundreds of thousands of subscribers to War Thunder.

Free for limited for select early war airplanes, and expanded is $15 a month for 'all in', it's way cheaper than War Thunder - which is a great selling feature for us here at HTC.

I would give the freebies the P-40B, Spit I, Bf-109E-4, Hurricane I, C202, I-16, and the A6M2 Zero. That basically covers all countries relevant in WWII - American, British, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian aircraft.

And i would actually let them into the MA.
- Let them SEE the Fw-190D9 fly past them.
- Let them see a B-17 bomber formation take off or B-29's fly overhead
- Let them see tank wars on the ground as they fly around
- Let them take off from a carrier and see the cruiser pound an airfield with their 8" guns and the AAA open up on enemy aircraft.
- Let them see what the game can do while they're stuck in their early war ride

...and then we get to speak to them over air and in range. And that is where we hook them into signing up for the full package.  If they don't bite, they would never be a customer anyway.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2017, 03:55:16 PM »
The Fugitive - understand your concern on the risk of offering 'free' could result in even fewer subscriptions.  That said, if 'flying limited planes for free' is risky, you have to admit that it hooked hundreds of thousands of subscribers to War Thunder.

Free for limited for select early war airplanes, and expanded is $15 a month for 'all in', it's way cheaper than War Thunder - which is a great selling feature for us here at HTC.

I would give the freebies the P-40B, Spit I, Bf-109E-4, Hurricane I, C202, I-16, and the A6M2 Zero. That basically covers all countries relevant in WWII - American, British, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian aircraft.

And i would actually let them into the MA.
- Let them SEE the Fw-190D9 fly past them.
- Let them see a B-17 bomber formation take off or B-29's fly overhead
- Let them see tank wars on the ground as they fly around
- Let them take off from a carrier and see the cruiser pound an airfield with their 8" guns and the AAA open up on enemy aircraft.
- Let them see what the game can do while they're stuck in their early war ride

...and then we get to speak to them over air and in range. And that is where we hook them into signing up for the full package.  If they don't bite, they would never be a customer anyway.

I agree 100% a limited plane set in the MA would be the best way to go. I was replying to this post....

EW always free, 2 week free trial gets full access.  Just an idea.  personally, i like the free arena idea.

p.s.  re open free trial to everyone again.

I as well as a pretty good number of others have posted that a limited set  for free would be great. Your list covers all the good points. The down side that was brought up by a few is the new guys getting crushed not only by "aces" but aces in uber planes. In a game that already has a bit of a high frustration level, add to it having a weaker plane to go up against some pretty good players may just push them over the edge quicker.

I like it because it "could" increase the numbers in the arena. With better numbers should come more players. As long as the influx of players stays ahead of those that get too frustrated and quit it would work out ok.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »

Well, hey, that sounds like a pretty fine arena to me!

- oldman