Author Topic: Where is the aircraft?  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Where is the aircraft?
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
400 off my nose...1200' feet...

and you can't see it....

Don't say Camo...because that is BS. It is a contrast foreground/background issue IMO...and makes it frustrating when you can't see what is CLEARLY right in front of you. AND I'm zoomed in to boot!

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
Re: Where is the aircraft?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
Looks like I can barely make out the vertical stabilizer I think. Is the Spit in a right hand turn trying to dive away?

That is very odd, I've never had that happen to me.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »
I can't see a thing.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:43 AM »
Wow man, Predator type camo, can't see a thing.

Pretty weird!

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »
Here it is "out of the Combining glass"..

So between the "tinted" glass, the matching pixels of paint and ground, guys just disappear.....

Can't seem to find anything which said 38s had tinted glass....here is the L3 sight.
Anyway we can choose between "tinted" sight and "clear" sight glass?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:07:31 AM by Dobs »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
Wow...never had that happen... You got something weird going on or the spit pays extra for the Predator camo pack  :noid :noid :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
Maybe its a function of flying  in 4k....in which case it needs to be looked at...but I have squaddies who say "he just disappeared in front me ...couldn't see him" all the time.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:03:10 PM »
Do you have anti-alias on?  It seems to mess with the visibility of icons, maybe aircraft too.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:12:13 PM »
Waffle,

Remember during the alpha I tried to communicate this to you? In real life the reflector plate is optically clear, and when viewed through the windscreen, the view is clear. There is no tinting unless the windscreen like with the spit9 had green tinted armored windscreens. Pilots did not use the sunshade because it darkened the view and caused problems seeing the target. Like what was done with the Type 98 gunsight in the game's a6m family where the sun screen has been put in place. Pilots never used it or pulled them off and threw them away. And no one set them half up darkening out the bottom half of the view.

You gents know your screen shots will never show the con as clearly as you really see it on your monitor against clutter because of dithering in jpg format? And cons disappear against similar looking clutter in 2D rendering unless it's a still shot and contrast is imposed to differentiate the different groups of pixels. The clutter tile for that rock and the clutter camouflage on the spit make them the same while the spit and your cockpit are in motion outside of 200yd, sometimes I have to use full zoom in these situations. At 200yd the pixels will start differentiating with more contrast.   

Here is what the view in the game's P38 and all gunsight's glass should look like. As clear as the panel next to it and you still have all those shadows and that clutter.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »
Aircraft disappear for me as well in the gangsta 2.5% tint gunsight glass. I fly in 1920 res with AA off.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 01:41:13 PM »
I have the same issue.. combine that with the new era move being used in the MA called the floppy chicken, AND the fact the game doesnt appear to be able to keep up with the movements.. its almost hilarious sometimes.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 01:58:22 PM »
I have the same issue.. combine that with the new era move being used in the MA called the floppy chicken, AND the fact the game doesnt appear to be able to keep up with the movements.. its almost hilarious sometimes.

Razor just fly's his mossi and hoses them into floppy chicken pieces since the odds on a few 20mm out of 500 touching the con are good. I've watched american rides with tons of .50 hose the whole 9 yards and the floppy chicken fly's off with a few holes. Makes you wonder if the .30 should be set to 1 and everything else upped a bit on the damage chart. At least then the floppy chickens would have to find a new feature about the game to turn into a semi Romulan defensive shield and micro window warp device.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 02:28:23 PM »
I agree with dobs all the way-even when manage to see the plane it's just a dot  most times lst time I saw it was 600 off my nose was hardly visible.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
This is really odd. I wonder why some are having this issue?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
And forgot to say...56" TV sitting 3.5' from it....with my computer glasses on:)

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM