Author Topic: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!  (Read 11342 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2017, 02:12:30 PM »
Maybe we can get together and create a Gofund me account and start a pool. First one to get a map approved gets the $$$.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2017, 02:55:42 PM »
Put Bustr on a retainer
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2017, 06:22:55 PM »
All it needs is some more pt spawns.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »
So is it still up?

As great as it would be to change maps, it's still pretty underwhelming.  Yay, it's not buzzsaw, now we can move forward on the continuous loop of like 6 maps.

Seriously, ten years later and this is all we have?  I really thought there would be like 20 maps in rotation.  No doubt this also contributes to the low numbers.  I've only been back for two months and I'm somewhat bored with the MA to be honest.

I too, would like to see a lot more maps to be created. Would like to see a team or crew of people put them together on a constant bases, yes, I know they take a while. Need like 2-3 months of intense map making per map. I think it would help the game out drastically!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
I too, would like to see a lot more maps to be created. Would like to see a team or crew of people put them together on a constant bases, yes, I know they take a while. Need like 2-3 months of intense map making per map. I think it would help the game out drastically!

So true..big + 1,000,000 from me....
It would be a fantastic way to allocate some resources
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2017, 11:55:06 PM »
It's not really official but there is pretty much a terrain team with easycor, ghostdancer, greebo, bustr ect ect ect
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2017, 01:13:51 AM »
So I log in this morning not to see Buzz still up.. No, it's up again for some reason. Different chesspiece locations and the damn timer has been reset. "Arena Uptime 0 days 2 hours 25 minutes"  :bhead :bhead :bhead

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2017, 01:16:02 AM »
hehehe guess what folks HTC servers went down hours later when game came back up, map was reset, all countries bases reset to zero as well as the time map has been up, lol
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2017, 01:36:54 AM »
  :bhead :bhead :bhead

On the other hand, more like  :rock :rock :rock as it just saved me another $14.95

Have fun, guys.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
So is it still up?

As great as it would be to change maps, it's still pretty underwhelming.  Yay, it's not buzzsaw, now we can move forward on the continuous loop of like 6 maps.

Seriously, ten years later and this is all we have?  I really thought there would be like 20 maps in rotation.  No doubt this also contributes to the low numbers.  I've only been back for two months and I'm somewhat bored with the MA to be honest.

I fly in the air and the map really make little difference. Buzz does as it is a gv map.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2017, 11:26:43 AM »
We should change the name of this map to...

Sisyphus  because you climb and climb and never seems to get off the ground. :rolleyes:

The center of this map is the worse place to have a fight, but that's where everyone ends up. You climb to 20K only to find yourself 3k above the ground. Maybe because all the strats are there. Perhaps if they were moved to the outer edges then buffs would move outboard, fighters would move out to chase the buffs and more fighters would chase the fighters. I think it would play different if the action was outboard where the terrain is more level.

Clearly took a lot of work to make it, and it might work out with some tweeks.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2017, 05:20:51 PM »
It's not really official but there is pretty much a terrain team with easycor, ghostdancer, greebo, bustr ect ect ect

Really, I just want to reduce buzzsaw's occurrence in the rotation so this post will die. I think Greebo is busy with those unbelievably incredible skins he does while CraterMA had to be touched up by it's creator because only he knows that project. And Easyscor, and ghostdancer, I thought build exclusively for the AvA and special arena.

I still think buzzsaw is a Waffle joke like when he placed a copy of his finger print on the back right gunsight reflector plate in the Me410 during the closed alpha.

I keep telling you guys the time you waste in here flappin yur gums you could all build your own terrain. The process is that simple. Much of the headache is prototyping it as scaled to a 1:1 before you start building and working out your general placement problems there. Then it becomes a 3D art program erector set of pointing and clicking following your 1:1 blueprint. If you can use MS Paint, you can build terrains, granted it helps to have a tiny bit of artistic talent, not much. Just the ability to put your cloths on in the morning without mixing dots with stripes and thinking the cloths hamper is where your clean underwear is stored.

Like this prototype, think battleships and sneaking around. The majority of those rounded island ends can fit three airfields 19 miles apart since the 25x25 mile sector grids are 1:1 for the terrain editor 4096x4096 project space. I didn't catch on to this concept with my first terrain until it was finished. So it took months raising and cutting it out of the 4096x4096 ocean by hand limited to seeing one sector at a time. I'm not sure what is up with my 90 day license from L3DT, so I may have to create the arena with a grayscale heightmap file. That 31,416mile circumference 25,000ft gray wall will just popup like magic along with the islands during the import of the file. The actual sculpting then painting of the terrain, alot of it is like using your finger to push clay around or finger paint. You only have a single brush that scales from about 1\8 mile to 6 miles dia.

Easyscor and Greebo have written an excellent manual in PDF format that you can get from the terrain editor forum. And it is as easy as it reads, you just have to do it over a very large project area over and over and over like I will with the arena blueprint(hmm, brownprint) below. :O

***Note: you strat runners who waste your time screaming at Hitech. The only rule about strat placement is for minimum placement. Eighth miles from an airfield and three miles from a vBase. You can place your strats where you can easily run to them and single finger salute the community to oblivion all night long. You do not have to place vehicle spawns to them, or 163 bases near them, or make it easy for c47 to fly to them time wise. You just have to accept making changes if Hitech decides you need to moderate making them too easy for screwing the arena all night long as the cost of acceptance for MA rotation. Other than that, you can make an arena for the MA as a strat runners paradise. Just like I made mine to keep you guys from turning the lights out all night long for the other 99% of paying customers.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2017, 06:43:47 PM »
Take Buzzsaw and modify it.  We are adopting old skins now, why not terrains?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:31 AM »
I want this thread kept alive until it's removed.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2017, 12:34:41 AM »
I want this thread kept alive until it's removed.

The map or this thread?

:devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com