Author Topic: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!  (Read 11267 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Re: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »
Logged in and logged off.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2017, 09:25:01 PM »

Beginning to feel like recurrent around here....   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
While I hate the map as it rarely has fights, I did have a good time tonight with a number of good fights against the Knits. They took a number of our bases, we took them back. Fun couple of hours.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2017, 05:59:49 AM »

now that i think about it...last time i logged on i stared at that map.  read a coment about "all strats belong to us" then logged off.   :noid

Offline nkp514

• Zinc Member
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2017, 06:05:34 AM »
WW 2 Sim game with a xbox map.  Worst map on the entire game.  Just another reason this game is still dying.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »
This map also draws runway vulchers out of every dirty corner of AH.  Probably because taking off at these high altitude bases makes a plane much more vulnerable.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
Not a fan, very little realism.  Cute idea maybe for a small special event, but not for a MA map.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2017, 01:03:10 PM »
Would someone reset this map, I want to stab my self in the face when I see it.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2017, 01:11:33 PM »
I'm beginning to detect a pattern to this thread  :old: :devil

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »
Nits are trying to keep buzzsaw up as I speak...Wtg nits  :rolleyes: :bhead
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
Well, I don't like this map BUT most must since its still in the rotation  :headscratch:
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2017, 04:48:31 PM »
I'm beginning to detect a pattern to this thread  :old: :devil

Nah.   :bhead
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »
Yes but does building maps mean you know about AH gameplay??? Look at Bustrs recorded hours online and you will see fighters and man guns for the majority of his time spent online....so he knows more about how maps play then these guys in here who play everything a map has to offer who say it sucks only because he builds terrains???....thats like saying the guy who built a plane knows how to fly it better then a pilot....come on Shuffler you know hes wrong for making a blunt statement that they dont have an opinion on the matter because they dont make maps....can you imagine the backlash a CM would get if they were like you guys have zero opinion because you arent a CM? Thats just crazy if you agree with him on this.

I said he has an opinion and so do you. Does not make either right or wrong. He did take the time to do something about it. He built a MA terrain. Others just talk.

I have my opinion too. I only built terrains for H2H. Not near as demanding to do.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
The rules are pretty simple related to the distance of different kinds of feilds from other kinds of feilds. Having the same number of feilds in each country. Having HQ\strat for each country and no obvious imbalances in field placement that favor the host country or the 2 other countries. And small stuff like the minimum distance from a field to set GV and PT spawns. And the design concepts, most players who create terrains have been around long enough to have played on a large number of terrains. And they have a library of design concepts to pull up as offline terrains and look at to help them with their current labor of love.

Buzzsaw adheres to the rules while the rational appears to be using elevation to cause air combat, spawns out the yazoo to cause GV combat, and the task groups corralled so they cannot be hidden while forced into constant combat exposure. Someone listened to all the busy itching in the forums about no fights, hiding CVs, spawn camping, and running away. And it worked until the majority who are shy about flinging themselves into the fray figured out how to turn buzzsaw into any other MA terrain. This is an example of a forced to fight terrain and it didn't force anyone to fight after the first month in rotation. So all of the MA standard fight avoidance strategies forced the fight kinds of guys out of the arena because that is the weakness to a forced fighting terrain. If the fight avoiders show up , it's in groups to saturate their target and overwhelm anyone who wants to fight.

Now the fights kind of guys are busy itching that a forced fight terrain is garbage when they spent years trying to get someone to come up with a terrain to force all of those HOnRun back shooting sissies to stand and fight. There is no main arena terrain design that can force anyone to fight, unless it is engineered to spawn all of the combatants within 3000yds of each other with nowhere to run because it's only 10milesx10miles. This is one of the things that becomes obvious after you build a terrain for the MA.

Buzzsaw has air spawns if you look at the terrain with the right perspective. All of those central 7-9k feilds that allow unskilled HO tastic hoards to sweep the lower elevation feilds. Remember those forum requests for air spawns in the MA and how that would solve some generally unspecified problem with game play? How do you like your air spawns now? Buzzsaw is kind of a crap terrain because it looks to have been designed by a "committee" of you guys who always complained in here about no fights and other lame game play. Someone took your complaints to heart and gave you what you were demanding.

exactly why i like this map. It encourages higher alt fights too, which alot of people struggle with compared to low alt fighting. This is one of my top 3 maps the other are the TT maps theres always a furball above tank town, theres always bases to drop on and theres always tanks to egg or engage with another tank.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2017, 12:50:32 AM »
Buzzsaw adheres to the rules while the rational appears to be using elevation to cause air combat, spawns out the yazoo to cause GV combat, and the task groups corralled so they cannot be hidden while forced into constant combat exposure.

That's really interesting...but...oh wait damn I still hate it.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24