Author Topic: Squad Message Of The Day - For FSO/Scenario Orders  (Read 193 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Squad Message Of The Day - For FSO/Scenario Orders
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
How difficult would it be to add a "layer" on the clipboard map that was editable? I am thinking basic lines/icons/altitude callouts, similar to what I've seen in the past for pickup missions?

I might just need some edu-ma-cation on this, but I've noticed for the past few FSO's, one always ends up explaining the orders to each member as they trickle into the arena... Was just thinking it could all be achieved with the SMOD? 

Wouldn't it be handy to pull up clipboard and all your squadmates were looking at the same prepared orders? 

Target, Flight-path, way point altitudes, formation position assignments, fuel loadouts, target "recon photos".....  Immersion candy basically...

Do we already have this ability, or some limited version thereof, in game?
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Squad Message Of The Day - For FSO/Scenario Orders
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »
You can do a lot of this already if you have a website. For example my groups MOTD opens up a webpage from our website. On there I have all kinds of news and important information/tea speak stuff pertaining to the group. It would be easy to add images, orders, and so forth. All of this would be live changes as well. As soon as it's available on the website it shows up on the in-game MOTD in a matter of seconds.

If you don't have a website, shoot me a PM, I might be able to hook you up a page through our site.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Squad Message Of The Day - For FSO/Scenario Orders
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
I figured there was some way to load up data, just wasn't sure the format or process as I've got a ways to go before "da boys" let me into things like this..

Was thinking more along the lines of a set of tools (map annotations), if they existed currently.   It's a conversation I can have with squad leader next chance I get too.  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life