Author Topic: Fiancé left me....  (Read 5837 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Fiancé left me....
« on: March 10, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »
She broke it off after almost two years together, and I honestly don't know what to do. Suddenly I'm questioning everything we had together, whether it ever meant anything to her.

The community here has a lot of experience with life in general, and some have been like brothers to me. Aside from a fifth, anybody have any good advice?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
Re: Fiancé left me....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
Ummmm, no advice, but one question....How much time did you spend on this game compared to the amount of time spent with her?

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
The community here has a lot of experience with life in general, and some have been like brothers to me. Aside from a fifth, anybody have any good advice?

Just two things (for the moment; I can really churn it out when I get going):

Thing One:  Never suspect treachery.  True treachery is comparatively rare.  The more you know get used to something, the more you're likely to change your mind about it.  Enjoy what you had.

Thing Two:  Remember that you will look back at this time.  You don't want to regret the way you react to this.

- oldman (and be glad that you do have this large band of virtual friends to chat with)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »
Do what ya have to do to be square about it.
But once that is done, ditch the baggage, and DRIVE ON TROOP!

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »
While it sucks it is far better than you getting married and then have to go through a divorce. Time heals. If nothing caused the split other than a change of heart wish her the best and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 01:16:25 PM »
No matter what happens in life there are positive and negative points.  It isn't about what happened, it's about how you chose to handle it.  For example, it was only 2 years and better to know early on that it isn't working instead of 20 years.  If she was unhappy and you cared about her, it's better that she moves on with her life.  It's all about choices, make good ones.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
Sorry to hear it. The best thing is to ride it out, not making any rash decisions or life changes, which, at various times you will want to do.
Don't try to understand it, you may never. DON'T LET IT UNDERMINE YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE!!!! Sometimes people just change. It may be nobody's fault.  Hang it there, rely on your friends and have faith that everything happens for a reason.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
Forget her, bang her best friend and move on brother.  Sorry it had to happen but take the opportunity to move on to something better.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »
What Oldman said  :cheers:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 01:58:43 PM »
Love her enough to let her go if that's what she wants. Wish her luck and move on. Cry a little, die a little, learn something about yourself. Try to figure out if you fell for her make up and perfume. i.e. an alternative truth about her?

Give yourself time to heal, don't rush into the arms of some Miss Toe-Tallie Wong.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »
Sorry to hear this, bud.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 02:34:25 PM »
Don't let someone else define you're self worth bud... Realize that there's only one person you can count on in this life, and he looks you in the mirror every morning.

Sh*tty, but the sun will rise tomorrow bud. . .
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »
Your lucky you found this out now and not after you tied the knot and had three kids. You would really be screwed then. Sorry but Ive been to to many Domestic Disturbance calls when I knew the guy was going to get shafted out of everything he had and he knew it to. I count you among one of the lucky ones.

Theres a billion fish in the sea. Find a nice Gal who wants the same things you do and will stick with you no matter what. I warned my wife not to marry me if she has a problem with me hunting, fishing, shooting, or gaming "actually I think she's kinda relieved to get rid of me" but that I would always be there for her and the kid.

If you have serious cash then make her sign a pre-nup. Ive known to many guys who went to bed with one woman and the next morning the same face had went all Sybil on him.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »
Stay busy. Go fishing with your buddies, golf, camping, or whatever you like doing. Might even try something new that you have always wanted to do.

Do not sit at home and mope. Life is short, make the most of it.

Most importantly do not dwell on what you can't change.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
The next six months are going to suck.  Find a hobby. Join some kind of club that puts you in the proximity of new women (volleyball team, running group, etc). Friend of mine's daughter got dumped. She took it super hard.  She's also a pharmacist.  She put herself on an anti-depressant to help with the breakup. 
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.