Author Topic: If you consider yourself a Top Stick in the game...  (Read 13182 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: If you consider yourself a Top Stick in the game...
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:02 AM »
I consider myself to be a top stick, but because of the huge pile of sticks I have for firewood.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:58 AM »
Awwwwwww come on man...Majik flapz 'n rudder, helocopterish abilities, gear down, turns with spitz, holds E like a mother with a newborn child................ :)

If your losing to a hog in a spit maybe you should take a look at how you are flying the spit?
With the exception of the -4, the hog is one of the poorest climbers, as well as having one of the poorest acceleration rates in the game. Gear, flaps, and rudder suck the E right out of a hog, and once it gets slow the options start to evaporate.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
Posted this drunk but it's true about some people, not you...you take on the horde instead of join in it.
haha so im not the only one who drunk rages quits then screams on forums???

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
If your losing to a hog in a spit maybe you should take a look at how you are flying the spit?
With the exception of the -4, the hog is one of the poorest climbers, as well as having one of the poorest acceleration rates in the game. Gear, flaps, and rudder suck the E right out of a hog, and once it gets slow the options start to evaporate.

Sik

I never referred to me losing to a hog while flying a spit. I just said a hog will turn with a spit. Ill give it that it wont accel or climb but it doesn't really matter. Just dump the majik flapz and hit that rudder <G>
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
HaHa

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »

Sik
Rolling Scissors is where most even fights skill wise end up....and most kills in the MA are from advantage like BnZ....which aircraft is more successful at those 2 things...Hog or the Spit.

The hog is arguably the best plane in a rolling scissor in the game....-1 to -4 doesn't matter they are all some of the best dogfighters in the game.

Have you heard J-row cry when he loses advantage? Guys like him will never give up advantage they can't handle losing.
Funny thing is he tried to tell me the F4U wasn't easy mode...so I upped a -1 and landed 9 kills while fighting DrBone, condor and a few of the other top gun guys...

The only thing you need to be aware of is E management....which is not hard, stay fast and be higher  :rolleyes:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »
The only thing you need to be aware of is E management....which is not hard, stay fast and be higher  :rolleyes:

This came full circle.  Then someone goes to the forums and says you shouldn't do that.   :neener:
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
The Hog is a damn good plane. Just don't fight it's fight and you'll win :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
Every plane has its goods and bads.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 02:29:29 PM »
yeah I hate it when people come in at 20k and start picking-only skill needed is to be able to hit the plane as they scream in 500mph, the 56th is very good at this, and they never seem to lose their energy. they have the numbers why come in at 20k, if they are so good come in lower make a old fashioned dog fight, that goes for all countries. it seems to me that it would be more fun to actually dual and furball, like the old days. :bolt:
You should come fly with us a few times. I promise you'd change this, largely false, assumption.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »

Sik

Also...Also may I add..... the Corsair can fight not only slow, not only slow my friendz, but fast as well! How many other planes in the set can fight in both regimen so easily I ask?!!!!!  :old:

I am glad, almost satisfied that we changed course in this thread and stoped bashing a certain playing style to bashing Corsair pilotz!!!  :rock :D

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 02:41:14 PM »

Honestly, E management isn't about staying high and fast. Just as E fighting isn't just BnZ. It's all about taking advantage of the differences in E states between opponents. You can start at an E disadvantage and use better E management to win the fight, just as you can start with the advantage and use poor E management to lose.

Granted the hog is one of the best in the rolling scissors but as Ace said don't fight it's fight. When the hog tries to draw you into a scissors that is usually the time to start going up. Same goes for when they start to dump flaps.

Don't get me wrong I love the hog, in particular the birdcage, and have been flying it in AH before we ever had the 1A. I've never considered it uber or ez mode. In fact I find the 109's to be much easier to fly successfully in an MA environment.

Sik

P.S.
Also...Also may I add..... the Corsair can fight not only slow, not only slow my friendz, but fast as well! How many other planes in the set can fight in both regimen so easily I ask?!!!!!  :old:

I am glad, almost satisfied that we changed course in this thread and stoped bashing a certain playing style to bashing Corsair pilotz!!!  :rock :D

We (Corsair pile-its) are use to it.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:43:02 PM by SIK1 »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »
I really like flying the 109G2 in the MA. Has a lot of great characteristics that make for great fights! Can't run from much so you constantly have to be on your guard and use SA, while also dog fighting out of situations. Makes the game a lot more fun when you fly a plane that you can't simply hit X and run away when you lose advantage. Personally, I like fighting agaisnt Turn n burn planes and planes like F4U moreso than constantly running into runner P51Ds or 190D all the time. People who fly those planes so timidly just make the overall fights slow and boring.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »
Don't get me wrong I love the hog, in particular the birdcage, and have been flying it in AH before we ever had the 1A. I've never considered it uber or ez mode. In fact I find the 109's to be much easier to fly successfully in an MA environment.
Sik
P.S.  We (Corsair pile-its) are use to it.  :cheers:

He said the 109z are easier! Outrage! get the 109 joc'z in here ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :joystick:  :D

:cheers:

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 03:18:17 PM »
He said the 109z are easier! Outrage! get the 109 joc'z in here ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :joystick:  :D

:cheers:

Yep, easier than the hog, but of course the easiest of all is the spit.  :neener:  :bolt: