Author Topic: If you consider yourself a Top Stick in the game...  (Read 13184 times)

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
Re: If you consider yourself a Top Stick in the game...
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:23 PM »
Nah man, the F4U4 is better in almost every way except the guns.

I'd agree the F4U4 is best dogfighter, but you still cant get slow in a big furball or you are risking getting picked pretty easily. 1v1 the f4U beats the Ki84 in turning. It can dive better, go faster, and it better at high alts. Once again though, both planes should be used with 2 completely different styles. The Ki84 should basically be flown the same way as a 109 in many respects.

I disagree...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »
I disagree...

That response is clearly why most people can't fly the F4U up to its full potential which means it's not as easy of a plane as people think it is. Especially with the 50cals that can make it harder to actually bring the enemy down quickly which can mean life or death. The Ki84 is a much easier plan to learn for new guys and is a great plane to learn how to fly the 109 also. The F4U takes a lot of patience because you can't zoom in and out of fights as easy without a bunch of built up E. The F4U4 can actually outperform the Ki84 is most cases but it's harder to handle especially in roll rate and acceleration, and takes longer to pick up E, which are key components to a skill level of a plane.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:09:55 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2017, 02:19:34 PM »
I AM THE TOP STICK!!! The end... :neener:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »
Scotty you...your a top Shtik
 :cheers:
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
Scotty you...your a top Shtik
 :cheers:
well hell...I was close lol  :cheers:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »
Uhh... I guess I misundersrand this post but, look at my rank/score
I really don't consider myself a top stick but I do play not only for therapy but I
do play to win.
Those that want to only furball ... more power to ya and I am at ur service as
cannon fodder  :devil

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2017, 03:40:04 PM »
which means it's not as easy of a plane as people think it is.

Oh it really is that easy to fly, it still doesn't change the fact that the ki84 is the best dogfighter in game.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
Oh it really is that easy to fly, it still doesn't change the fact that the ki84 is the best dogfighter in game.

Bushmills, what is your gameid?

Why don't you take Violator to the TA or DA, and you take the F4U-4 and let Violator take the Ki-84 and film y'all 's fights

Show us how easy you think the F4U-4 really is....

Then the both of you switch planes and show us why you think that the Ki-84 is the best plane to dogfight in....

Please, we all are curious

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2017, 04:10:46 PM »
I have been holding out for it...but I have finally come to the realisation it won't happen.... there are two choices for today.... become a meathead or leave.... I'm having a conflict of interest on this at present...

Offline Cobra412uf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
I see things haven't changed much in Aces High ha ha. Comes down to people will fight in a manner which best utilizes their particular planes strengths. It's also making a very large assumption that everyone only engages when they have some overwhelming advantageous position. I have personally engaged many people when the fight was in their favor whether it be plane type vs plane type, altitude, speed, one vs many and many other scenarios. I also doubt too that many 2 weekers are really going to have an advantage even if you gave them your 6, especially against skilled players. I toyed around with an old teammate one day he had a jug, alt, speed and a teammate and they still ended up on the losing end against a P-51 and not once did I run.

Skinny of it is nothing is uber in the game and I've seen many early war birds eat up late war birds. The key was the pilot, their abilities and knowledge of how to reverse the situations. It takes years for people to get good at this game and the new guys need to understand this from the beginning. It's not being mean it's just facts and the best way to learn is to fail and understand how and why you failed. That's where again the veterans can pass on their knowledge to help.
Rig #1: Maximus IX Formula, i7 7700K@4.9GHz, Strix 1080ti, 32Gb Dominator 3200MHz DDR4, 960 Pro 1TB NVMe, Corsair HX750i PSU, ASUS PG348q. Rig #2: Maximus IX Extreme, i7 7700K@4.9GHz, Poseidon 1080ti SLI, 32 Gb Trident Z 3000MHz, 960 Pro 1TB NVMe, Corsair AX1200i, ASUS PG348q, Phanteks Enthoo Elite.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
I have been holding out for it...but I have finally come to the realisation it won't happen.... there are two choices for today.... become a meathead or leave.... I'm having a conflict of interest on this at present...

Ya lost me in translation, Tongs, lol

I myself have yet to figure out what this whole thread is about...

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2017, 04:24:06 PM »
Bushmills, what is your gameid?

Why don't you take Violator to the TA or DA, and you take the F4U-4 and let Violator take the Ki-84 and film y'all 's fights

Show us how easy you think the F4U-4 really is....

Then the both of you switch planes and show us why you think that the Ki-84 is the best plane to dogfight in....

Please, we all are curious

TC

My id is Mighty01  :aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »
My id is Mighty01  :aok

Hahahahaha :rofl ..... too funny

I know you are joking and I know you have been around awhile, to answer my question with that gameid, hehe

Cheers

TC

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
Hahahahaha :rofl ..... too funny

I know you are joking and I know you have been around awhile, to answer my question with that gameid, hehe

Cheers

TC

:salute :aok

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2017, 05:03:19 PM »
I'll tell you that the KI84 is a better defensive plane and is much  better used defending a base than any F4U. The F4U is a much better attack plane. They perform best in the situation that fits their flight characteristics better. I'd roll a Ki84 to defend against a CV and F4Us all day. Most people who roll from CVs in F4Us don't take the time to get alt, and that's its biggest weakness when fighting low alt dog fights. F4Us with higher alts will have a clear advantage. The F4U is a very poor defensive plane agaisnt high attackers. It's all about the style you like to play, as these planes have 2 completely different styles in the MA.

I think playing for rank or score is alright. It will help you become better at the game. That being said, if you are good at the game, and only fly easy mode 190Ds or perk planes to easily run away in, you aren't doing yourself a favor to increase your skills. That was my biggest gripe agaisnt Skyrr. Would have been nice to see what he could do score wise in the MA in a less faster, less BNZ style plane. If a player flies old eny planes that don't have many advantages and still score well, you can say they probably do have a good understanding of the game and aren't busy gaming the score for ego. That's atleast where I'd like to be, given that at times I do score higher. I try not to fly the easiest planes because it's not as much of a challenge for as long as I've played the game. I think score can work well to work on your dive bombing skills, bombing skills, and tank skills, to use the stats to measure your performance. That's another thing I use score for. If I wanted to fly easy mode run planes and score high all the time, it really wouldn't be that fun after a while. The different planes in the game can really add a whole different level of skill and undertsanding to the game play that can improve your performance.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion