Author Topic: the new map from a strat runner's perspective  (Read 5452 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: the new map from a strat runner's perspective
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2017, 10:50:14 PM »
bro you don't know bustr, he will write out a lot of text...doesn't mean he's hijacking
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2017, 11:45:47 AM »
 :aok THANK YOU Bustr :rock  Not kissing butt, I just appreciate the effort you put into your version of "Do something other than whine"! This map has worked for me. I have found a lot of great fights since it has been in rotation. Is it perfect? Nope, and pretty sure none could be, is it better than what I could have done? YEP, I believe so :salute Thanks again, Sir
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »
Festers map was complained about for the same reason Bustr's is, uneven play.

Fester's issues was a single player could and often did knock out the radar for a whole country for hours on end. Bustr's issue is the opposite. A single player can undo the damage a buff can do to the strats much much quicker than the time it takes to do the damage.

Festers map would have to be rebuilt to add spawns, or maybe just change the time (tho having different rebuild times on different maps would really confuse everyone) plus being such a large map is what got it pulled.

This game is suppose to be basically "fair". For every attack option there should be a defense option. The "ying and the yang". If someone wants to take the time to hit strats it should take the same amount of time to repair it. It takes the same amount of time to defend it.... climbing to alt and laying in wait for the bombers. After all, that is one of the reasons for ENY right, to try and keep things "fair"?

Remember this...........  It's only fair if the "Fur Ball" is not infringed upon

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:12 PM »
Remember this...........  It's only fair if the "Fur Ball" is not infringed upon
You have zero clue as to why the numbers are so low in game....wish you guys were around when we had huge fights over bases instead of the base takers avoiding any combat which drove the furballers away to give us these low numbers...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2017, 05:13:52 PM »
You have zero clue as to why the numbers are so low in game....wish you guys were around when we had huge fights over bases instead of the base takers avoiding any combat which drove the furballers away to give us these low numbers...
Avoiding combat drives furballers away? Please step away from the keyboard and light your computer on fire :ahand

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
Avoiding combat drives furballers away? Please step away from the keyboard and light your computer on fire :ahand

Furballers look for fights. When players avoid combat, there are fewer fights. No fights, no furballers. Junky's logic is ironclad.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2017, 09:01:24 PM »
Furballers look for fights. When players avoid combat, there are fewer fights. No fights, no furballers. Junky's logic is ironclad.

To piggy back this. Around 6-10 years ago the game was way bigger than now. There was ALOT of people who only played this game for Dogfights or simply a2a combat. When gameplay changed where made most quit over a period of time this in turned cause the issue to get worse because there wasn't much action.

It's simple really. I log on, if I see a Dar bar I head towards it. If I don't see a dar bar that's substantially red I'll just log off. I bet a few others do the same 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2017, 01:08:09 AM »
To piggy back this. Around 6-10 years ago the game was way bigger than now. There was ALOT of people who only played this game for Dogfights or simply a2a combat. When gameplay changed where made most quit over a period of time this in turned cause the issue to get worse because there wasn't much action.

It's simple really. I log on, if I see a Dar bar I head towards it. If I don't see a dar bar that's substantially red I'll just log off. I bet a few others do the same
  Absolute insanity! Happy to be apart of what has "killed" the game according to the like of you!.

Type of argument you expect from arcade style players who accept the time commitment AH demands but expects a 24/7 flow of like minded players not focused on the strategic aspects of the MA. Hitechcreations gave up on keeping numbers high long ago and slowly the game lost chunks of subscribers that kept the game full in its hey day. So all you cry baby tools got now is to blame those who found entertainment beyond your experience/style of play.

What's always been a kickin the nadz tovwhat ypu call  "non-combative" folks are Dale and his minions ability to hide behind the curtain and allow public opinion to wear itself out all the while maintaining the business plan that was set forth. Whatever that is it worked cause the office is still open and the game is back in a day when the office takes cloud-to-ground lightning strikes.

Dont blame players working around you to win the war for pathetic numbers overall.  Call it for what it really is or keep drinking the kool aid!

You get off on a few minutes of air superior glory. I get off on the stuff that is overlooked and leads to map resets 1 base , 12 bases, 3 days, 5 days later.

Holding a bish/knit horde for 3 days and resetting the map in the morning of the 4th day.

Sneaking that one base no one thought of when all we needed was 1 and got bogged down on both fronts and the strat run you made that lead to a country rally on a Saturday afternoon.

The porking ords/dar, shutting bases down, white flagging towns, cv hunting, hq pwning. IT ALL KILLS THA NUMBAS :ahand
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:26:09 AM by LocoMoto »

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »

The best time to make a large dar bar is when the map is quiet. Grab a friend and try to take a base. Be good enough to actually take it and more times than not you find the gigantic dar bar you seek regardless of the #'s. The sneaky ones always take the base when the enemy has #'s!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2017, 08:10:45 AM »
  Absolute insanity! Happy to be apart of what has "killed" the game according to the like of you!.

Type of argument you expect from arcade style players who accept the time commitment AH demands but expects a 24/7 flow of like minded players not focused on the strategic aspects of the MA. Hitechcreations gave up on keeping numbers high long ago and slowly the game lost chunks of subscribers that kept the game full in its hey day. So all you cry baby tools got now is to blame those who found entertainment beyond your experience/style of play.

What's always been a kickin the nadz tovwhat ypu call  "non-combative" folks are Dale and his minions ability to hide behind the curtain and allow public opinion to wear itself out all the while maintaining the business plan that was set forth. Whatever that is it worked cause the office is still open and the game is back in a day when the office takes cloud-to-ground lightning strikes.

Dont blame players working around you to win the war for pathetic numbers overall.  Call it for what it really is or keep drinking the kool aid!

You get off on a few minutes of air superior glory. I get off on the stuff that is overlooked and leads to map resets 1 base , 12 bases, 3 days, 5 days later.

Holding a bish/knit horde for 3 days and resetting the map in the morning of the 4th day.

Sneaking that one base no one thought of when all we needed was 1 and got bogged down on both fronts and the strat run you made that lead to a country rally on a Saturday afternoon.

The porking ords/dar, shutting bases down, white flagging towns, cv hunting, hq pwning. IT ALL KILLS THA NUMBAS :ahand
Yikes there's no talking to a guy who says he's holding off a horde for 3 days when the game drops to single digit amount of players online around 4 AM in the morning.

Used to be 60 to 100 during those times...when I was in Korea in 2009 I could find a fight at 4am EST easy...now I can't at 10 EST because people are avoiding person on person combat like it is a bad disease. The problem is base taking tactics avoids all combat these days....

Don't get me wrong, I already put up another thread about the furballers who ruin it so people who arent that good in fighters avoid that part of the game by only flying from the advantage in low ENY rides.

Not a total fault but avoiding combat to take a base or defend it(like M3 resupply) is by far the BIGGEST issue in the game right now.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »
Used to be 60 to 100 during those times...when I was in Korea in 2009 I could find a fight at 4am EST easy...now I can't at 10 EST because people are avoiding person on person combat like it is a bad disease. The problem is base taking tactics avoids all combat these days....

Base taking tactics back in the day were not much different inasmuch they tried to maximise success at minimizing risk. That's why around that time we did see the heydays of the NOE.
These days it's just more room and the inability of any given side to muster forces for combat both fronts that leads to much more opportunities for easy basegrabbing.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2017, 09:04:16 AM »
Base taking tactics back in the day were not much different inasmuch they tried to maximise success at minimizing risk. That's why around that time we did see the heydays of the NOE.
These days it's just more room and the inability of any given side to muster forces for combat both fronts that leads to much more opportunities for easy basegrabbing.
That definitely is part of it but there is for sure a mentality of people in the community who will avoid combat at all cost more then they ever used to...example is a CV hitting a field and the first guy defending it ups an M3 to resupply town...I don't care what anyone says...that's not combat.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2017, 09:12:34 AM »
That definitely is part of it but there is for sure a mentality of people in the community who will avoid combat at all cost more then they ever used to...example is a CV hitting a field and the first guy defending it ups an M3 to resupply town...I don't care what anyone says...that's not combat.

Not in the strict sense, of course. ;)

But I still don't thinks it's because of 'the players'.
For one it's because the tool is available - and with now largely untouched cities it's much more potent than ever before. In the past you needed more than just 1-2 M3 loads to resupply your town. And another thing is the potentially greater imbalance of attackers vs defenders, which is caused by much smaller overall numbers.
So when there's a CV in front of my base and I see 3-4 players attacking my base, and I can't have much hope to get any kind of reinforcement, the m3 suddenly looks like a very attractive option to spoil their grab.

IMHO there's much to be lamented about the gameplay experience available these days, but I think it's mostly because of 'external' factors, and not the fault of the playerbase.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »
I think there are tweaks to the MA that will influence these players more, like nerfing the resupply so it's not as big of a thing in the tactics of the game ect ect ect.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »

The heydays of the NOEs is another cause of the same issue...... avoiding fights. We all know what happened back then. NOEs were the go to mission and fights were hard to come by..... picture a game of wack a mole...... HTC slammed the dar to the deck! You couldnt take off from a nearby base with out showing a dot.

HTC relented and we got the dar we have today. Seems like they wanted a bit of combat in the game.

Lusche mentioned the CV senario and the M3 looking like an attractive option due to the lack of numbers/defenders.  This brings up another point. Todays players seem to be more goal orientated. For them saving the base is the goal. For many other players like me the FIGHT for the base is what is important.  It doesnt really matter who ends up with the base, it the combat that action brought about.